Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cigar Lighter bulb?

Old 08-11-2002, 09:51 AM
Tedster9
Post Fiend
Received 66 Likes on 65 Posts
Cigar Lighter bulb?

I don't allow smoking in my 64 F100 -- I'm not an anti-smoking **** by any means but I don't want it to smell like an ashtray, burns, etc.

The cigarette lighter has never been used, the power wire was unhooked long ago but looking in the parts manuals and the owners manual, it looks like the socket was illuminated by part # C3TZ-15072-A, "Light for Cigar Lighter"; anybody seen this? Where does it go?

Also, are 1157's the correct bulb for the front turn signals?

Keep 'er between the ditches.

Old 08-23-2002, 10:23 PM
65CamperSpecial
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cigar Lighter bulb?

the t/s bulbs are 1157 , I think they are amber on 64-6 even though their lenses are same color. The lighter...I love picky people...I am one too...like everything to work the bulb is a 57 I believe(ck owners manual) the socket is on top of lighter well squeeze bulb retainer and rock to one side tilt up and slide off opposite direction....lots of wire to pull unit down to scope out how it is...socket slides out as i recall....my lighter dont work...what would kill it??? lighter element looks good to me ...suggestions???

65CS

Old 08-24-2002, 12:59 AM
Tedster9
Post Fiend
Received 66 Likes on 65 Posts
Cigar Lighter bulb?

Thanks for the info, I'll look for the light socket, but I think that was removed long ago, at least I didn't see it the last time I managed to stuff my noggin up under the dash (and at 6'2" let me tell ya, it ain't easy )

As far as the lighter itself not working, I read somebody on here who had a good answer -- the lighter socket has some wafer fuse at the base inside that deteriorates over time. Makes sense, if the lighter element isn't broken, it *has* to work, pretty much. It's not getting any juice at the socket more than likely.

What's wierd about the turn signal lamps, the owners manual shows 1155 (single element) and 1157 for the front turn signals, but there's only one socket, what's up with that? I'd also like to have the running lights stay on when I turn the headlights on, maybe I'm having a brain cramp, but is that easily done? Seems like that would look better and make it more visible at night, not a bad thing.

Keep 'er between the ditches.