Sponsored by: DP Tuner

CPS question

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 08:09 AM
Deiselman
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CPS question

Hi all. I'm new to this site and have noticed that there is many articles about this cps problem but nothing about the condition I'm seeing, so here goes.

If the cps is bad, will it throw a code to confirm this? Also, my [font=verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif][font=verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]check [/font][font=verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]engine[/font][/font]lite isn't coming on when the missing/stalling occurs while driving, is this normal? Not trying to be redundant here. Just facing the decision as to whether I should just replace this part if it is normal for it to not throw a code and hope it's the fix, or bring it to a stealer to have it fixed. I need to tow a load of horses to New Hampshire this weekend and would really like to know that the problem is fixed before hand. NAPA has one for $200. Pretty hefty price to pay if I'm wrong. Thanks for any help on this.

Old 07-12-2006, 08:35 AM
Chance_Thomas
More Turbo
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would either take the cps out and clean the contacts or just replace it. I bought mine at ebay for $61 bit I know you are on a time crunch. Autozone sells them for around $130. Don't really know if it throws a code everytime or not but others will probably posy their thoughts.