Supercab vs Crewcab

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2002, 07:09 PM
Cgentile
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Supercab vs Crewcab

Hi, we are looking to buy a F250 SD and are trying to decide between the Supercab and the Crewcab. My wife would like someone to write back and say that the Supercab is too small. I would like to buy a supercab to save a few thousand $$$. Any replies?

Seriously, Are people happy with the Supercab, or is the crewcab really worth the extra money? We're not planning on carrying more than 4 people ever, and then only rarely. Also, how do people feel about the suicide doors on the SC?

Thanks-
Chris

Old 11-18-2002, 08:23 PM
hitecdan
Elder User
Supercab vs Crewcab

I have a Supercab right now, but my next truck will be a Crew cab. My truck does not have the third door to access the rear of the cab, so having two extra doors will be nice. I've been very happy with the Supercab. But now that I have a two+ year old son, I'm getting tired of having the back of my seat kicked all the time. With the baby seat in place the lad does now have enough leg room (and now California law requires a child seat until age 6 or 60lbs). I've also sat in the back seat on a few trips and it's not comfortable at all (I'm 5' 11"). Sitting in the back is OK for very short trips, but long distances in the back of the Supercab, no way. I guess it comes down to your needs. Do you have kids that will be riding in the back? Do you still want them to love you? Get a Crew cab. Will the longer wheel base be an issue? A longer wheel base is great if your towing (in the foward direction anyway), but a pain in a crowed parking lots. Of course the Supercab can be a pain in the butt to park too. Have you decided on which bed your going to get? Supercab with long bed is about the same size in wheel base as a Crew cab with the short bed.

Old 11-18-2002, 08:42 PM
1956MarkII
Lead Driver
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Supercab vs Crewcab

This one's easy: the area behind the front seat of a Supercab is for storage, or transporting 2 people a MAXIMUM of 15 minutes. Anything other than that, and you want a Crewcab. I know you want to save some bucks upfront, but what will it cost you to trade in the Supercab in 6 months when you've realized that it's just too small? A WHOLE LOT MORE than the difference between the two right now...

Old 11-19-2002, 12:39 PM
WXboy
Cargo Master
Received 335 Likes on 203 Posts
Supercab vs Crewcab

I'm not trying to start an argument, but I strongly disagree with the previous post. The Supercab provides PLENTY of space for occasional passengers. It provides plenty of space for storage too if you would like. And it also saves you thousands of dollars, and gives you MORE space in the bed to haul things. (Also, the Supercab trucks look a lot better). In my opinion, you definitely should buy a Supercab model.

The only exception I can think of would be if you have children, and you plan on using the truck as your family vehicle. In that case, maybe the CrewCab would be nice. But if you are just driving it as most people do their trucks, Supercab all the way.

:-X12

Old 11-19-2002, 06:28 PM
Kurts50
Senior User
Supercab vs Crewcab

Go Crew cab. This way you can take friends or kids with you no problem. For the additional $2000 on a $29,000 vehicle it is worth it. Good luck

Old 11-19-2002, 08:28 PM
Tom B
New User
Supercab vs Crewcab

I'm a supercab fan. Had one for 6 yrs and just bought another. For what I paid for the new one price wasn't my issue. I seldom haul people, we have a sedan for that. The stuff that I carry inside; golf clubs, dogs, groceries, whatever, fit well in the supercab. The supercab truck definitely looks better and more balanced. The longer bed length helps especially when you haul things that people usually buy trucks for. Since you're getting a SD 250 maybe you pull a big boat or something and then you may want to carry extra passengers so go with the screw in that case. Lots of yups are buying their first truck and lean towards the screw I believe. If you got kids it's maybe better. On the occasions that I carried more than one passenger they were fine in the back of the supercab. After all we weren't going site seeing of across country.

Old 11-19-2002, 09:12 PM
canadianfordman
Posting Guru
Supercab vs Crewcab

I think this is quite simple explain to your salesmen that you are having a tough time in making the decision and that you want to take one home one night and the other then next night, this should help make your decision. If you have kids and are planning to transport them then get the crew cab as it is much more comfortable. If you are worried about length then obviously the Super cab is the way to go. Good Luck in whatever you decide.

Old 11-22-2002, 09:43 PM
dlhilljr
New User
Supercab vs Crewcab

Also take into consideration the re-sale or trade in value. It will be higher on the Crew. Personally I like the Super cab better. I think it looks better. The Super duty Super cabs have four doors that open and there is plenty of room for adults in the back seat. Basically your decision boils down to this... All things in consideration, with a price difference of $2000 (which is high unless there are options added) is the Crew worth approx $50 more a month?

Old 11-23-2002, 06:54 PM
Skipstowin
Senior User
Supercab vs Crewcab

I too had a supercab for 6 years and 140k+ miles and I loved it.

Then I got a crew cab (out of curiosity more than anything else) and I'll never go back. My project truck is a cc as well. We don't have kids but the two extra doors access is handy for groceries and the extra seat comes in handy on occasion.

Skip

Old 11-25-2002, 09:48 PM
superdutyspv
Senior User
Supercab vs Crewcab

I have a super cab, but when I get a new truck, it will be a crew cab SD.

Old 11-28-2002, 11:34 AM
85bronco
Freshman User
Supercab vs Crewcab

I just bought a 97' Crew Cab and love ever minute of it. Now mine is a long bed because it is a f-350 plus I lifted it 4 inchs but the only down side is that the steering radius is terrible but it makes up for it in ever other way. My dad has a supercab and to me the space just isn't enough. Crew Cab is the way to go with out a doubt.

Old 11-29-2002, 01:07 PM
Sawdust Junkie
New User
Supercab vs Crewcab

I just bought a 2003 F150 SuperCrew.

My reasons:
-I have two boys that need to ride in the back seat every day.
-I like having 4 doors for loading and unloading stuff and passengers when parked in a parking lot. With the suicide rear doors, you get trapped in a tiny, little corral formed by the driver and suicide doors and the vehicle parked next to you.
-My wife said that's the one we should buy. (I really didn't need to list the other two reasons I guess.)

-Kevin

Old 12-02-2002, 10:21 AM
jamesg
Senior User
Post Supercab vs Crewcab

I just bought an 03 F250 Supercab. I love it. The four inside doors work fine and it's just big enough for everything I need to take. I personally thought the crewcab was just too big for me. I have sat in the back of a supercab for a 6 hour trip on a few occasions and it was not a bad ride. Not a great ride (I'm 6-1), but not overly bad. I also rode in a crewcab. The crewcab was a ton more comfy. Lot of head and leg room for a long trip. If you're planning on using the truck for a station wagon hauling people, spend the bucks on the crew. If not, the super should be fine. I also liked the shorter wheelbase.

Old 12-02-2002, 05:29 PM
Karic
Elder User
Supercab vs Crewcab

Chris;

You and I both know your wife will have the final say. However, for what it's worth...my wife loves our '03 F350 Supercab dually. We ordered it with a full sized box to haul our camper around and the CC would have been far too big for driving "in-town". The suicide doors bothered us for about an hour. Great truck either way.

Good luck

Rick

Old 12-06-2002, 05:20 PM
superdutyspv
Senior User
Supercab vs Crewcab

I wish I had bought about crew cab! I have a 2000 SD 4x4 ORP V-10 Lariat....... My next SD will be a crew cab!

Quick Reply: Supercab vs Crewcab