1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Is this like laundering money?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2006, 11:53 PM
CIAF
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Louis Vitton, Dooney & Burke, Coach and Victorias Secret. As long as these names show up at the door now and then, Billet, paint and chrome are more than welcome as well. Actually, if there is a rift over $$ in the house there should be no truck or no wife. If we must hide or sneak or " launder " the $$, then the fun is lost. My current wife is more understanding than the last since I owned 19 cars and trucks when we met 18 years ago. I just make damn sure that I can spend on her near what I spend on my hobbies. I must admit there is NOTHING better than a happy wife waiting for you after coming in from the garage at 10:00 PM if you know what I mean. I would encourage all to find and keep that balance in life and hobby. When the wife elects to buy a $4K interior for your effie on her own, then you are there. Good luck with both the wife and effie.

Old 06-01-2006, 01:10 AM
WillyB
Post Fiend
Mr. F1, you just have been branded! Henceforth you will be known as "Sweet William"

You might as well change your screen name now, before you build up a large post count as everyone will now remember the Sweet William name! B/B didn't do you any favor - - -

Old 06-01-2006, 06:55 AM
krautwolf
Mountain Pass
I started a PayPal slush fund for just such purchases. Now only we know about it. Any untraceable funds, including rolled coins, cash gifts, and frosty beverage bottle recycling proceeds go into it.

Old 06-01-2006, 07:58 AM
xfordman
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by AXracer
My wife and I own our own business and she is the bookeeper for it and our personal finances as well. I have to stash away cash here and there to buy her Xmas gift or order after the Dec billing date on the CC so she doesn't see the bill before the 25th.
The fortunate thing is she's as big a gear head as I am, never complains about purchases for the truck or race cars. She bought Gracie and paid for our garage out of her small inheritance from her parent's estate. How many other wives ASK for a set of race tires for their birthday every year??? She's a good one and I think I'll keep her!

Old 06-01-2006, 02:19 PM
cobraguy
Posting Guru
OK I gotta chime in. I know my wife's a keeper. When my brother told her I had bought a truck at the tow yard auction were he worked she paid for it. Yes we've had a few high volume discussions about money spent on it. But shes also put a new Edelbrock under the tree. She also opened a separate checking acount for my truck. I'm getting a $3k bonus that she doesn't know about. I'll be giving her some nice diamonds so I can spend a couple grand. You know when you launder money you don't get a 100% return but it can be spent however you like with no consequences. Just had my 18th anniversery she got me a detail kit and $200 truck money now thats love. Rich

Old 06-01-2006, 02:27 PM
jgurland
Senior User
Originally Posted by cobraguy
OK I gotta chime in. I know my wife's a keeper. When my brother told her I had bought a truck at the tow yard auction were he worked she paid for it. Yes we've had a few high volume discussions about money spent on it. But shes also put a new Edelbrock under the tree. She also opened a separate checking acount for my truck. I'm getting a $3k bonus that she doesn't know about. I'll be giving her some nice diamonds so I can spend a couple grand. You know when you launder money you don't get a 100% return but it can be spent however you like with no consequences. Just had my 18th anniversery she got me a detail kit and $200 truck money now thats love. Rich
...with a woman like that, and you make her drive a Taurus wagon??? Shame on you! LOL

Old 06-01-2006, 03:29 PM
cobraguy
Posting Guru
Hey she picked it paid for it and lets me drive it. Of course my input was to get the 24 valve duratec engine and the SES (sport edition suspension) package. The only car in my stable I'm ashamed of is the POS plastic vega (saturn) I have to drive to work every day.