Sponsored by:

First mud run vids are in

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2006, 11:53 AM
Skipped_link
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First mud run vids are in

Well the first mud vids are up, they are not very good but will do till I get better ones of next weeks event,

This vid is the second time trial run, for some reason the guy running the camera only got the last part of the run,
This pass was made using only about 1/4 throttle, (still making sure everything works good)

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/A...80E526EEB9.htm

And this vid is the first round of elimination, and is also the run where I broke the chain, (the truck I was racing is the one that wound up winning the event)

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/9...C5108F2297.htm

Enjoy, hopfully I'll get better vids next week,

Old 05-15-2006, 12:46 PM
RawPower
Postmaster
that thing is schweet

Old 05-15-2006, 01:40 PM
ivanribic
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
First off, I think you've got footage of sasquatch in there because it's all blurry. Man, that truck gets it and then all of a sudden I hear "ooooohhhhhhhhh" and it comes to a stop. So the chain in the transfer case snapped on you? I was wondering if that was gonna hold up to the abuse of the blown engine. I imagine if there was a stronger chain you could have used that you would have? Might be time to call ProFab.

Old 05-15-2006, 02:06 PM
Skipped_link
Elder User
Yeah, the vids are pretty crappy, they were taken with my didgi cam, it takes nice pics but the vids are crap. it is real easy to load them up here at work though, I do have good video with a real dvd cam, just need to figure out how to load them up,

As far as the chain, I'm looking into a brand that has thicker side plateds, so instead of D60 (which is two row) it is D60-H which is two row with the hevier side plates,
I'm sure ther is an option before pro fab, I just have to find it,

If I can get smoother with the throttle I think even the lighter duty chain will live longer,

Old 05-15-2006, 03:02 PM
ivanribic
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Skipped_link
If I can get smoother with the throttle I think even the lighter duty chain will live longer,
I'm gonna pretend you didn't just say that. Throttles only have 2 positions: Open or Closed.

How much does that chain cost for the heavy duty version?

Old 05-15-2006, 03:28 PM
Skipped_link
Elder User
Originally Posted by ivanribic
Throttles only have 2 positions: Open or Closed.

How much does that chain cost for the heavy duty version?
Actually I prefer to compare the throttle with a light switch, "ON & OFF" By smoother I meant get better at keeping the switch on,

The HD cahin is about $25 per foot, not to bad just want to make sure it will work, or at least work better, The chain I have now is suppose to be heavy duty, but I need to measure the side links and see,
I may have to make room for a 3 row chain,

I've also been thinking that the chain might be a good fuse, if will take the beating most of the time it may save more expensive parts later on,

Last edited by Skipped_link; 05-15-2006 at 03:32 PM.
Old 05-15-2006, 04:46 PM
Flareside94
Senior User
Nah, just keep building everything stronger and stronger until you trace your "fuse" back to the crankshaft. O_O

Old 05-15-2006, 07:22 PM
bremen242
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dude, your truck is bad.. almost too bad... it looked like you got some good air there.

Old 05-15-2006, 08:08 PM
Flareside94
Senior User
Yeah. That's ALOT of power. Rob's truck has a problem keeping the front wheels down, yours has a problem with wanting to slap back on its top! Wow...

Old 05-15-2006, 08:16 PM
fordraceboy
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i say go old school... run it wide open and hook the throttle up as a DEcelerator like a caterpillar D8... much easier that way.. LMAO

Old 05-15-2006, 08:54 PM
mustange70
Post Fiend
Honesty though, do you actually need 4wd in that thing? I mean do your front tires actually touch the ground at all?

Old 05-15-2006, 11:18 PM
GreenSubmarine
Elder User
Soooo cool, Skipped. I can't wait to see mor and better footage. Your narrator sounds a lot like me - which is not a good thing at all.

Old 05-15-2006, 11:37 PM
monsterbaby
Hotshot

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
lookin good, now can't wait for the good vids. Guess that means I have to get off my tail and get some vids posted too, dang ya no your gonna make me work.
But I think you need to load that thing on a trailer and come on out here for labor day weekend or the one after that I am sure we can find a race or 2 for ya.

Old 05-16-2006, 10:45 AM
Skipped_link
Elder User
Update on the chain,

I pulled cover off the the box last night & found several things, I was expecting to find a broken master link, but in fact it had broken a pin in one of the other links, there were a couple of pins starting to pull through the side plates in a couple of spots & the entire chain was stretched, I also found that the chain was a "peer" brand chain, the other brand I have is "HKK" and looks to be better quality, I'm going to install that & reassemble the box tonight, if it gives me any trouble I'm going to order the "diamond" chain with has 1/8 inch side plades vs the .090 plates I have now, the only ting is the pins are the same size, so I'm not sure I will gain anything,

The next event will actaully be a bottomless pit, so it should be a bit tougher on parts,

Rob, I would love to haul to Iowa, but with the tow rig I have & the price of fuel I doubt I'll be towing to far, maybe after a season or so & after I get the bugs worked out I may have to make it over there to the real mud racing part or the country,

<TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=4 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR title="Post 3673853" vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 align=middle width=125>mustange70</TD><TD class=alt2>Honesty though, do you actually need 4wd in that thing? I mean do your front tires actually touch the ground at all? </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

We'll see if it comes in handy this weekend,

Ivan or pro, I don't have anything going on after the 3rd of june, If you guy's hear of any events in your area from the middle of june through july get ahold of me, I wouldn't mind making a trip up there to run if I could schedual it,

Old 05-16-2006, 03:40 PM
mustange70
Post Fiend
Yeah we've dealt with HKK chain on some of our farm equipment and have had decent luck with it, but then again thats used in a totally diferent environment,

Quick Reply: First mud run vids are in