1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seatbelt light and Ding-Dong

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2006, 01:26 PM
Craven
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Seatbelt light and Ding-Dong

I don't know if this has been covered before or not. But if you push the red seatbelt release button, the light and the Ding-Dong go away untill you start the truck again.

Old 02-16-2006, 09:26 PM
sgrol
Laughing Gas
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Tried it before on mine, didn't work.

Old 02-17-2006, 12:43 AM
twags6
Cargo Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Theres a way to permanantly disable that little ding dong and keep it from going off if you drive around without your seatbelt. Its in the owner manual. I found it handy cause I drive around the parking lot at work without a seat belt and that warning thing gets really annoying.

Old 02-17-2006, 08:00 AM
sgrol
Laughing Gas
Twag, Tried the procedure below and got all of the correct confirmations, but the bell still goes off when I'm not buckled in and turn the key to on. I don't understand what the procedure did, if anything. I don't drive anywhere without my belt on but I usually don't buckle before starting either. The bell at start up is annoying. I did do the door open, key in, no chime procedure and love it.

"Here is the procedure for the beltminder disable.

You can Deactivate the Belt Minder two ways. First, you can deactivate it temporarily for your current "run cycle", that is after you have started your car and it's still running. Second, you completely deactivate the Belt Minder so that it never reminds you again, or at least until your reactivate it...

The first method, temporary deactivation, or one time disable: After you have started your vehicle, buckle and then un-buckle your safety belt. Be sure to buckle back up.... This will disable the Belt Minder only for that ignition cycle.

The second method, permanent deactivation: There are 9 steps you need to follow to deactivate or activate your Belt Minder system. Before doing so, make sure that:

* The parking brake is set.
* The truck/car is in Park (automatic), Neutral (manual).
* The ignition is OFF.
* All doors are closed.
* The driver's safety belt is un-buckled.
* The parking and headlights are OFF.

Then follow these 9 steps:

1. Turn the ignition switch to ON, but DO NOT START.
2. Wait for the safety belt warning light to go OFF(1-2 minutes).

Steps 3-5 MUST be completed within 60 seconds!

3. Buckle, then un-buckle the driver's safety belt 3 times, ending with the belt un-buckled.
4. Turn on the headlights, turn off the headlights.
5. Buckle, then un-buckle the driver's safety belt 3 times, ending with the belt un-buckled.

After step 5, the Safety Belt Warning Light will be turned on for 3 seconds.

6. Within 7 seconds of the safety belt warning light turning OFF, buckle then un-buckle the safety belt.

This will disable the Belt Minder if it is currently enabled, or enable the Belt Minder if it is currently disabled.

7. Confirmation of the disabling of the Belt Minder is provided by flashing the safety belt warning light 4 times per seconds for 3 seconds.
8. Confirmation of the enabling of the Belt Minder is provided by flashing the safety belt warning light 4 times per seconds for 3 seconds, followed by 3 seconds with the safety belt light off, then followed by flashing the safety belt light 4 times per second for 3 seconds again.
9. After confirmation, the deactivation/activation of the Belt Minder procedure is complete."

Old 02-17-2006, 10:28 AM
twags6
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by sgrol
* The parking brake is set.
This is the step that gave me problems. Make sure that the brake indicator on the dash is lit. If its not lit, the truck thinks it isnt on. Many of us have problems with the switch on the parking brake not working, and no turning on the light. If you push the pedal down and its not on, look up under the dash near the p-brake for a single wire connected to as tiny switch above the pedal. Try moving it around and see if you can get the light to stay on. If you cant, simply ground the wire temporarly and put it back when the procedure is done.

Old 02-17-2006, 10:31 AM
Kwikkordead
Fleet Owner
Received 799 Likes on 610 Posts
I just unplugged the connector under the seat.

Old 02-17-2006, 10:34 AM
twags6
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by Kwikkordead
haha. yeah, that works too. I did that on my old truck (88 f-250 sc lb 5.8L).

Old 02-17-2006, 04:32 PM
ryaneverk2
Postmaster
Originally Posted by Kwikkordead
Kwik's not afraid of the rumored airbag/universe decompression/explosion/catastrophe!?

Old 02-18-2006, 08:45 AM
Kwikkordead
Fleet Owner
Received 799 Likes on 610 Posts
Originally Posted by ryaneverk2
Kwik's not afraid of the rumored airbag/universe decompression/explosion/catastrophe!?
LOL.
I heard about that too. Checking under the dash on my '99, there is no passenger side airbag. Of course there is one in the steering wheel, but I hope that Ford was smart enough to realize that if the truck is moving in the first place then SOMEBODY HAS TO BE DRIVING IT.
I've never rear ended anyone in my life, I practice safe following distance and then some.
Plus the truck weighs 10,000lb and if an altercation should occur it would be picking that ricer out of it's teeth. <!!! Besides, I have never rear ended anyone in my life, I practice safe following distance and then some. And I have a 10,000 lb truck. It would be picking that ricer out of it's teeth.

Last edited by Kwikkordead; 02-18-2006 at 08:48 AM.
Old 02-18-2006, 09:17 AM
sgrol
Laughing Gas
My parking brake light was on. As I posted above, I got all of the correct confirmations, just didn't see any difference in the chime. Is that procedure for driving around without your belt? I don't do/haven't done that so maybe that's why I don't see the procedure's effect. Oh well, look out plug, you're next.

Old 02-18-2006, 02:44 PM
cookie88
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
On the trucks that pushing the release works on, the deactivation code doesn't work.

Thread moved to proper forum.

Old 02-18-2006, 06:23 PM
bowdad
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
beeping belt fix

Pushing the seatbelt button worked through 2003, this does not work on my 2004. A cheap fix is to buy the metal piece at the end of the seat belt, from a junk yard, and plug it into the receptacle when you don't want to use your seat belts.

Old 02-18-2006, 07:27 PM
stebab
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow those are some long instructions! Reminds me of a song i once heard...

You put your right foot in,
You put your right foot out;
You put your right foot in,
And you shake it all about.
You do the Hokey-Pokey,
And you turn yourself around.
That's what it's all about!