1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

locked out

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2006, 01:13 PM
ryandavidson
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
locked out

Couldnt find my key anywere. Looked all over. Found it this morning, in the ignition. And yeah, its locked. Can anyone help me get back into my truck?

thanks!

Old 01-29-2006, 03:32 PM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 59 Likes on 30 Posts
...Welcome to Ford Truck Enthusiasts!

We are happy you have chosen the best source for Fords.

Enjoy FTE....and
JOIN CLUB FTE -SUPPORT THE FORUMS!
…..See you on the boards.

Old 01-29-2006, 03:48 PM
Beast12
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ryandavidson
Couldnt find my key anywere. Looked all over. Found it this morning, in the ignition. And yeah, its locked. Can anyone help me get back into my truck?

thanks!
A locksmith can. They deal with that stuff all the time.

-Matt

Old 01-29-2006, 04:01 PM
Milwaukee,WI
Tuned
Originally Posted by ryandavidson

thanks!
1. Locksmith

2. If you have the key code, (when you took delivery there was a tab attached to your key with a number on it) you could go to the dealer and get one cut from the # Your dealer might have that number on file or something also.

3. This is a long shot, but there is a 1" diameter hole in the floor of your cab that you could crawl under the truck and access the cab thru. The hole is near the base of the gas pedal, and it has a couple wires going thru it, and a rubber grommet plugging the hole. You could poke the grommet thru the hole from under the truck, and with some kind of implement you might be able to push the carpet out of the way and using a coat hanger or something either try to tap the powerlock to open the door, or perhaps fish the key out of the ignition and get it to the hole.

Last edited by Milwaukee,WI; 01-29-2006 at 04:34 PM.
Old 01-29-2006, 04:50 PM
1ruralmailman
Mountain Pass
if you take the vin number from the dash to the dealer they can cut you a new key to get in the door.only costs about ten bucks,and your done.then stick the blasted thing in your wallet.

Old 01-29-2006, 06:04 PM
CyberJay
Senior User
Something I've done on previous vehicles has been to have a spare key made and then attach it under the truck somewhere with a zip tie. Somewhere that it won't be easily found but it could get you out of a real jam depending on where you get locked out. On my old suburban for security I had only the door key under the truck, and the ignition key hidden inside the truck.

All that is out the window in my SuperDuty... I got the keypad on the door which is awesome.

-Jay

Old 01-29-2006, 06:32 PM
cangim
Postmaster
Originally Posted by 1ruralmailman
if you take the vin number from the dash to the dealer they can cut you a new key to get in the door.only costs about ten bucks,and your done.then stick the blasted thing in your wallet.
Awe yes, the wallet key has saved me a couple times already. I got one cut without the rubber thumb pad, that way it fits in the wallet easier.

Old 01-29-2006, 07:09 PM
stebab
Senior User
Try thowing a small rock or a brick thru the window then carfully reaching through the jagged glass to get your keys back.

Old 01-29-2006, 07:13 PM
SMarquez
Tuned
Received 33 Likes on 20 Posts
Ypur dealer might not cut keys without registration or title and POSITIVE ID. It should be fairly simple with those.

Old 01-29-2006, 07:37 PM
Milwaukee,WI
Tuned
I got the keypad on the door which is awesome.
+1

Something I've done on previous vehicles has been to have a spare key made and then attach it under the truck somewhere with a zip tie.
This is what I always did before I had the door keypad.

I would spray wd-40 on the key and then tape the key to a brace or something under the truck with black electrical tape so it couldn't be seen if someone looked.

Old 01-29-2006, 08:30 PM
dkstuck
Elder User
If you have AAA, they will do it. Just call an they send out locksmith, not sure on other road services

Old 01-29-2006, 08:52 PM
bryyce62
Fleet Mechanic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Yeah, The 45-50 dollar yearly fees for AAA are worth it just for the lockouts.
Originally Posted by dkstuck
If you have AAA, they will do it. Just call an they send out locksmith, not sure on other road services

Old 01-29-2006, 09:43 PM
2002 F350V10
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No Problem.......

Wedge the area open slightly between the window and seal to gain access to the insides of the door. You need A heavy wire bent like an L with duct tape wrapped with the sticky side outwards on the bottom of the L. Slide the tool into the door opening and twist the tool so the bottom of the L faces inward. Slide the tool around till you see the button moving. Place some side pressure on the rod with the tool and the tape will stick enough to the rod so you can lift the button rod up. Worked on my 02 in about 10 seconds. Bill

Old 01-29-2006, 09:46 PM
hotrodracer
Senior User
A "Slim Jim" will get you in...

[QUOTE=ryandavidson]Couldnt find my key anywere. Looked all over. Found it this morning, in the ignition. And yeah, its locked. Can anyone help me get back into my truck?

I did the same thing the other day. Fortunately for me my son Mike was visting. He simply got out his slim jim,' bent a slight curve back towards the outside of the door, slipped it in and down by the lock area, fished a couple imtes and presto it is unlocked. Prob took 10 seconds including the bend. He is an ex-towtruck driver and has a wide array of tools and gimmicks both bought and home made. Yep, can get in any of them w/out damage to the vehicle.

Harbor Flake has a tool kit for such also available. I bought one and it is OK for the low cost. Just don't leave it in the vehicle,,, and don't ask why...

hotrod/Paul

Old 01-29-2006, 09:50 PM
MRBASS
Elder User
50.00 got me one of those Stick on OEM key pads,, Now my keys are always in my truck..!!

Quick Reply: locked out