Notices
Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Factory Remote Start

Old 12-27-2005, 11:03 AM
Miescha
Senior User
Miescha is starting off with a positive reputation.
Sorry - I didn't follow the links b/4 asking questions.

I followed the links and found instructions for the quick stop feature (could be used to keep the engine running to allow for turbo cool down on diesel engines). I didn't see instructions specifically for a cool down timer, but this would work fine.

I also didn't find instructions for the timed start (2-4 hour/24 hour/temp controlled). Are these settings possible with the Ford gold system?

Thanks!

Old 12-27-2005, 05:56 PM
IPACA9
Senior User
IPACA9 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by Miescha
KCautosounds:
What I'm really wondering is if any of the systems made specifically for Ford (bronze, silver, or gold) that you mentioned earlier have these options?
I was trying to dig around and find some owners manuals for the systems. But I don't recall the turbo timer feature or timed starting.

The CA-670 and CA-550 and the now ALL NEW CA-680 have the same features and then more. The three listed models are the Elite Series systems. They allow you to control the alarm system with the lock motor wires allowing you to arm and disarm the system via the factory keyless controls such as the door keypad. Which is the same feature available on the Ford system. Ford's systems are such high dollar though. For the money of the Ford system installed by the Ford dealer you can get an Elite system or the CA-630 installed at a professional shop for cheaper or get more features for the same price. I installed a Ford Gold system today at a dealership and during the demo the customer told me he paid $510.00 for it with tax. The Ford dealer pushes the fact that the Ford system has a 3 year warranty. And if you're out of town any Ford dealer will take care of you. I'm sorry but I am constantly on the phone giving tech help to Ford mechanics all over the US. Just friday I had to walk a mechanic through an entire install on an explorer that he had been working on for 9 hours previously. After less than an hour on the phone we had the truck fired up and ready to put back together. The 3 year warranty is only if the unit is installed at the time of purchase of a new vehicle. Otherwise it holds a one year warranty. At least with a Code Alarm system any competent installation shop can take care of you. Code Alarm offers a lifetime warranty on thier systems when professionally installed. Also included with the most alarms is a $2500 Theft Protection Guarantee.

You are aware of the Car-Link module available to plug into your CA-670? Allowing you to start your vehicle from your telephone? I have it on speed dial on my phone when I'm on the road in the box truck and want to make sure the Excursion is warmed up so I can get the hell out of the work's parking lot as soon as I get there....lol

Old 12-28-2005, 01:21 PM
Miescha
Senior User
Miescha is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by KCAutosound
You are aware of the Car-Link module available to plug into your CA-670? Allowing you to start your vehicle from your telephone? I have it on speed dial on my phone when I'm on the road in the box truck and want to make sure the Excursion is warmed up so I can get the hell out of the work's parking lot as soon as I get there....lol
I was told this would be available soon, but it was not available in May of 2005 when my system was installed. They also said a module would soon be available for GPS satellite tracking via any internet connected computer - I'd really like that!

Thanks for the help.

Old 12-28-2005, 01:47 PM
turboale
Senior User
turboale is starting off with a positive reputation.
For $500 I would go with the Viper/Clifford system. I had that on my old 4Runner and Loved it. I probably won't go with the 2-Way the second time around but it was a great system and had good range.

Which brings up a quesiton. I know DEI makes both clifford and viper, do they make CodeAlarm too? In which case I would go with whatever is cheaper because they are all Identical. I actually had the Clifford system and when I had a remote replaced I ended up with a viper remote.

Sorry this isn't totally on topic, but its not far off...

Old 10-15-2009, 10:10 PM
johnw42598
New User
johnw42598 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Removing Factory Remote Start Module

I have a 2W7Z-19G367-AA currently installed in a 05 Explorer that is only functioning as a remote entry module. Can I remove it and revert back to the factory system and key fobs. I bought it used and the dealer is refusing to make it functional and I've read that these systems are quite quirky and don't really need remote start. But I do need a VSS and RKE. The module is at the bottom of the steering column and I'd like to get rid of it if possible. Does something else need to plug into those connectors when I unplug it? Let me know if I shouldn't do this or need something additional. Thanks.

Old 02-12-2012, 12:15 PM
resq302
Senior User
resq302 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I am about to remove a Ford remote start system p/n 2W7J-19G367-AA from my wifes 05 Explorer Limited and install it into the new/used 2008 Explorer Eddie Bauer edition. Would I be able to swap this over without any problems or is the 2008 Explorer use a different remote starter set up?