General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Christmas Parties

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2005, 01:41 PM
bigrigfixer
The Pacifier

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Christmas Parties

Well, we got back from our trip. Just in time for my work Christmas Party. Anyway, I work for a pretty good company, and on the dinner menu was prime rib, baked salmon, garlic mashed, etc. But the best part was when our suppliers donated gifts. I won a leather Peterbilt jacket. As for the other gifts, I got a Chevy alarm clock, my buddy got a Ford alarm clock. He wouldn't trade. He said he'd trade if I could find him the Dodge clock, but there wasn't one. So now I have to regift the Chevy clock to my sister's boyfriend. Oh well. I guess we sat at the "Vegas" table. Everyone sitting at it had been to Vegas, and was all we talked about that night. Alcohol was enjoyed by all, the company owners were doing shots at the bar, clowns were made on the dance floor.

So how have your Christmas parties been going?

Old 12-19-2005, 01:52 PM
dumptech
Elder User
Here at the landfill it's fried turkeys and pot luck. Too good and too much. Not much gets done the rest of the day.

Old 12-19-2005, 01:55 PM
jdmorg
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Man...I'm missing out. My buddy's company just threw one that was $1 million and was for only 1,500 people.

My company is a small one, so our parties are just as small. It's normally just dinner and drinks at a nice tavern around the corner, but it's always a good time. I normally leave early though. The guys in my office are great, and I'm sure if we all let go, we'd probably still be at the bar....I do have to drive though, so I stay for as long as I can handle nursing the same beer. Some of the others show their true colors too, and that's what makes it fun, especially since we're so small.

Old 12-19-2005, 01:55 PM
Big Orn
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Welcome back, Joe!! Merry Christmas!!!

Surely you're not going to pass that chevy clock off to some unsuspecting individual? Just as well keep it for a tire chock... Chevy Chock Clock...

As far as parties - all the years past we'd have a fish fry with a live band (made of company folks - and good at that), but this year the company decided to have a BBQ dinner. No band - just eat.

I'm going to miss all the hullabaloo, off-key singers that "volunteer" to sing a song or two, and all the lies. This year's party is going to be a bummer ... unless somebody decides to crash it. Any ideas?

Old 12-19-2005, 03:48 PM
spikedog
Posting Guru
Our company gave us jelly-of-the-month-club certificates.

Actually, there have been so many 'incidents' at Christmas parties, they don't hold it anymore. It sure made for some good water cooler stories.

Old 12-19-2005, 03:55 PM
jake00
FTE is my crack
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This year was supposed to be ripe with drama so I brought the digi cam, Nothing happened though..

Old 12-19-2005, 09:10 PM
stealth1
Senior User
I work for a very large company and while most all sites have nice parties my boss here is a grinch to his workers. Some cheap a$$ party at the last minute. In the past they would black out anything on the menu over 10 bucks or so. All while the company is making huge profits. This is the one time of year when companies could show their employees how much they appreciate all the hard work and long hours they put in for 12 months...Really sets the tone for the following year if you ask me...

Old 12-20-2005, 11:30 AM
preppypyro
FTE Legend
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Our cheap company went to a pool hall, and had supper and played pool. We did get a few drinks for free though and zero christmas bonus!

Old 12-20-2005, 11:42 AM
jake00
FTE is my crack
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
if you had a bad cristmas party, it could be worse, you could work for someone who doesnty celebrate xmas, then, no xmas party, or xmas bonus

Old 12-20-2005, 07:10 PM
scole250
Senior User
I work at a small company, 20 people, and we have chosen to do pot luck the past couple of years. I cooked 15 lbs. (2 butts) of pulled pork and 20 lbs. (6 slabs) of baby back ribs. Lots of other great food brought in too. I make too much just so others can take it home.

Old 12-20-2005, 07:29 PM
polarbear
Post Fiend
We have two- one at Ford, one at Chevy (gee, what a surprise). That means I get to go to both.

It's strictly a family thing- wives and kids, lots of food, presents for the little ones, no alchohol of any kind. Our big blowout is the company picnic- and folks, my dealers know how to throw a party!

Old 12-20-2005, 08:18 PM
preppypyro
FTE Legend
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
True enough that any xmas party is better then none.

Old 12-21-2005, 03:41 AM
Flip4ford
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 106 Likes on 100 Posts
My first party at this job- My Boss rents out a bed and breakfast- makes a huge feast which him and his wife serves us themselves.. Then they give personalized gifts and cards to all the wives/husbands telling how much they appriciate all the long hours and and personal time the spouses let us put in. They provide a baby sitting service in their home...It's a small company of about 30 people. I was totally impressed...

Old 12-21-2005, 04:21 AM
78Explorer
Posting Guru
My company had their annual Christmas party at the Marriott Waterfront in Annapolis, MD. We have 100 employees and our boss treats us VERY well...dinner and dancing in the ballroom with a live band, a GREAT menu, open bar, etc.

My wife's company, even smaller, had theirs last Saturday night at Malone's Steak House on Tate's Creek Rd., in Lexington, Ky. We were able to order ANYTHING we wanted...with one caveat by the boss - "as long as you enjoy it!" UK had just whipped up on Louisville Saturday afternoon and a few of UK's players sat at the table near ours. The wife's boss was pretty lit early on, so we enjoyed his antics! Then we went to Comedy off Broadway for the 10:30 show then back to the hotel (Hilton about 100 yards from the Comedy club...price-lined rooms for $54/night!) for drinks at the bar...a good time had by all.

Old 12-21-2005, 04:50 AM
Birdhunter1
Cargo Master
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
We're having a party on the night of the 21st at work. It's a going away party for someone in the office, but we forgot to tell her so 4 out of 6 of us are having a party because we can't stand her. The 5th person is her boy toy!

Quick Reply: Christmas Parties