Notices

Removing Arm Rests

Old 12-07-2005, 01:53 PM
cooleydd
New User
cooleydd is starting off with a positive reputation.
Removing Arm Rests

I have a 1998 Windstar and want to put sheepskin covers over the existing seats (they are getting warn at 110,000 miles). However I can not figure out how to remove the arm rest to get the covers over the seats. Anyone have any suggestions on removing the arm rests and/or installing the seat covers.

(I posted this to another forum but think it was the wrong place to post so have put it here.)

Old 12-14-2005, 02:59 PM
pachangalpina
Junior User
pachangalpina is starting off with a positive reputation.
You should be able to put the armrest in the up position and pull the cover down from the top. As you are pulling the cover down also slide the armrest throught the hole in the cover. Everything should work its way in place as you get farther down.

Old 12-20-2005, 03:04 PM
yechave
Senior User
yechave is starting off with a positive reputation.
I don't know if this is applicable to your seats. I just did this today on a 97 econoline, and got the info from a conversion company. I pushed the arm rest in very hard in the 12 o'clock position, and rotated the arm 90 degrees to the rear, and it pulled out. Took a bit of doing, but once you do it the first time, they come out quite easily. It will feel loose in the socket before coming out. Hope that helps.

Old 12-20-2005, 03:45 PM
pachangalpina
Junior User
pachangalpina is starting off with a positive reputation.
I'll have to try that next time. Will definatelly be a better way to do it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.