Sponsored by:

Need serious wiring help

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2005, 11:33 AM
wjawill
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need serious wiring help

I am trying to wire an alarm. I want to wire the alarm to control the power door locks on a 94 bronco. I need to completely bypass the factory keyless entry module because I messed up the wiring for it. I don't need the door switch to work. I just want all doors to unlock when disarmed, and lock when armed.

I think it is going to take 4 relays, 2 for lock and 2 for unlock. I tried to wire it like it says online and it didn't work. Please help me figure out how to wire the relays.

Thanks in advance for any and all help

Old 12-01-2005, 01:30 PM
masseysbronco
Posting Guru
Thumbs up

i just did what your talking about and posted about it on here. search this forum for alarm/5 wire reverse polarity door locks, and you should find it. There is a link in it that will show you exactlly how to wire it up.

1.Your connections should be in the passanger kick panel

2. you only need 1 relay for lock and 1 relay for unlock,

3.watch out some relays use a diode on the coil, and then it does matter whick polarity you hook up to the coil tabs, or it won't work.

Old 12-01-2005, 01:52 PM
wjawill
Freshman User
I tried it like that but did it at the factory keyless entry module. This is where I think I messed up. Is the ground for the master door lock switch connected to the keyless entry module?

Old 12-01-2005, 06:15 PM
masseysbronco
Posting Guru
no the alarm should have a ground output specificaly for disabling the factory keyless. The ground(s) your talking about is what activates the coil in the relay.

Old 12-03-2005, 11:14 PM
Tazz452
Junior User
At the factory keyless unit you may have 2 wires (lock and unlock) that when probed with a test light will lock and unlock your doors. The relays are already in the unit. You should be able to wire directly to them from your new alarm. If not try in the kick panel as suggested by massey.

Old 12-06-2005, 02:40 PM
wjawill
Freshman User
Let me elaborate. I completely f'ed up and am looking for help. Most of the wires that went to the factory keyless have been cut. I don't even have 2 of the 3 plugs for the factory keyless. I don't even have the keyless module for that matter. I am trying to wire it so that the alarm can trip the door locks. None of the wires have power because there is no keyless module.

Is there a way to wire this with relays so it can simulate the relays built into the factory keyless module? Or am I completely screwed.

I thought I had it figured out and almost set my car on fire when one of the circuit breakers in the fuse panel didn't trip. Had to completely take apart the dash and fix a couple of shorts. It wasn't fun and I would not like to do it again so I am looking for some help.

Thanks

Old 12-06-2005, 07:03 PM
masseysbronco
Posting Guru
Thumbs up

Ok, look in my gallery call "projects", i made a diagram showing exactly how you need to wire it up in your truck, as well as how the relay works on the inside, so you can see why you need to hook it up that way, as well as understand how to overcome other problems that may come up on the way.

You need to locate the pink/yellow and pink/green wires located in the green harness in the passanger kick panel. By doing it this way you should be able to bypass the damaged wiring of the factory keyless entry

Old 12-07-2005, 06:45 PM
wjawill
Freshman User
Thanks for the help I really appreciate it. I will try that out as soon as its not freezing outside.
Thanks