Sponsored by:

Bronco Upholstry

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2005, 09:03 PM
illuzion
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bronco Upholstry

I have a rip in one of my OEM gray leather seats, and it is pretty bad, right in the perforated leather section (looks like someone sat in it with something sharp in their back pocket), passenger side. What is the best way to fix this, and economically too. I would like to keep OEM appearance, no covers of aftermarket stuff. The seatback is the torn part, not the bottom, any ideas what this will cost to fix? 94 Bronco XLT (power lumbar in both seats, one armrest on each seat, captain chair style seats with headrests built in one piece design)
Thanks
Brian

Old 10-29-2005, 10:14 PM
Chrisconsin
Junior User
good question, i am insterated in in this topic as well as my driver leather seat is destroyed, so I just bought some ford seat covers you can buy at your local wal*mart and sort of forgot about the problem, just a warning if you do go this route be extremely careful when taking off your arm rest to slide on the seat cover as the threads on the each bolt seem to strip very easily (mine are striped inside the chairs armrest housing,not the the actual bolt). and if you do get them on they usually dont seem as sturdy as before (more play left-right, up-down and much more losser all around).

This may not be everyones drawback to seatcover, just a warning as I have heard of this problem before. Name:  shiner.gif
Views: 22
Size:  124 Bytes

Old 10-30-2005, 06:46 PM
RanchRodsTX
Senior User
I had that same deal on my F-250 dually and I took it to a local auto interior shop. He put a center insert in the seat and it looked so good I had him do the other seat. The perforated material is available in factory colors. He charged me $80.00 per seat labor the total was like $135 each. I did take them out myself and that saved me some $$$

Old 10-31-2005, 10:33 AM
93BigBlackBronco
Senior User
Originally Posted by Chrisconsin
good question, i am insterated in in this topic as well as my driver leather seat is destroyed, so I just bought some ford seat covers you can buy at your local wal*mart and sort of forgot about the problem, just a warning if you do go this route be extremely careful when taking off your arm rest to slide on the seat cover as the threads on the each bolt seem to strip very easily (mine are striped inside the chairs armrest housing,not the the actual bolt). and if you do get them on they usually dont seem as sturdy as before (more play left-right, up-down and much more losser all around).

This may not be everyones drawback to seatcover, just a warning as I have heard of this problem before.
I am going to be replacing my factory 93 Dark Charcoal leather covers next month. I will be selling the old ones on ebay and will post on this thread when I list them passenger side is very nice drivers side seat bottom needs repair.
I think seat bottoms can be switched using passenger side for the drivers. Of course drivers does have cutout for lumbar switch and wouldn't work on passenger side..

Last edited by 93BigBlackBronco; 10-31-2005 at 10:36 AM.
Old 10-31-2005, 05:58 PM
RanchRodsTX
Senior User
What about the armrest hole? Won't that affect the side to side swap?

Old 10-31-2005, 10:37 PM
93BigBlackBronco
Senior User
Originally Posted by RanchRodsTX
What about the armrest hole? Won't that affect the side to side swap?
You are right I was thinking seat bottom since they seem to be the biggest problem for wear.

Old 11-01-2005, 07:45 AM
illuzion
Junior User
How expensive are the factory covers for bottom and back?? I have been getting quotes of like $250 per seat to repair by replacing damaged sections of the seatcover, not the entire cover.
Brian

Old 11-01-2005, 08:56 AM
RanchRodsTX
Senior User
Try Katzkin, they have some really sweet covers. One of the Bronco show trucks I saw had a set that had two tone to match the outside. www.katzkin.com