6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

HCFM Drain Plug - Threads merged

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2005, 08:18 AM
Bear Hunter
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by satcom40
I was suffing the the web and stop at ford doctor site and they have a new plug for the HFCM it's not a valve type of plug but I like the way it looks and it's made by Ford the part # is 6E7Z-9C082A and cost 16.00 Here is the web page http://www.forddoctorsdts.com/articl...icle-05-19.php
I like this one a lot better

Old 10-22-2005, 09:26 AM
Ford_Doctor
Elder User
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Ghee whiz guys! You found that quick!!! I only wrote that article and posted it last night. I would love some feedback if any of you try it.

Old 10-22-2005, 09:30 AM
kw5413
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Doc, as always..."you de man"

Old 10-22-2005, 09:35 AM
Bear Hunter
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Ford_Doctor
Ghee whiz guys! You found that quick!!! I only wrote that article and posted it last night. I would love some feedback if any of you try it.
Hey Doc...send me one and I'll give you all the feedback you need Ok just kidding...I'll get around to buying one soon.

Old 10-22-2005, 09:42 AM
Beachbumcook
Got Diesel?
Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts
Hi-Ho, Hi-Ho.... its off to the Ford dealer I go....

Great looking upgrade.

I always let the dealer due my fuel filter changes due to this issue... but now I will!!!

Thanks,

Jeff

Old 10-22-2005, 10:05 AM
Beachbumcook
Got Diesel?
In a different thread... here is the answer (maybe both threads could be combined)?

http://www.forddoctorsdts.com/articl...icle-05-19.php

I am buying one as the Ford part number is shown...

Jeff

Old 10-22-2005, 10:19 AM
parcours
Senior User
Jeff, the part number on the forddoctor web site doesn't seem to be valid. I called my local Ford dealer and he stated that the number is no good. Has anyone been to find this cap?

Juan

Old 10-22-2005, 10:55 AM
Ford_Doctor
Elder User
I received a PM from another member asking about the drain plug because he had called his dealer and they could not find the listing or the part number. Here's the deal:

The part and the number are new. They are for the 2006 LCF which is a brand new truck therefore many dealers might not have the listing or have an updated parts catalog. The LCF is a Medium Duty truck and if your dealer is not a Medium Duty Ford dealer they may have trouble looking this up and ordering it. I asked my parts counter person to look this plug up in the catalog and we quickly found it. My dealer's database showed the part number and verified that it was indeed a good part number however the pricing information was unavailable. He called Ford for help and within an hour they had faxed us the pricing info. They also indicated that this drain plug was not widely stocked at most Ford part distribution depots and would be coming from the vendor, i.e. - back ordered meaning it would take a few days to get. I am sure that if you persist and ask your Ford parts man to dig just a tad deeper he will find the same information and can add it to their system which will eventually happen anyway.

Old 10-22-2005, 01:53 PM
Beachbumcook
Got Diesel?
Originally Posted by parcours
Jeff, the part number on the forddoctor web site doesn't seem to be valid. I called my local Ford dealer and he stated that the number is no good. Has anyone been to find this cap?

Juan
There is a different thread working on this site in this section.... the part is so new that dealers do not know about it, or that the part is for a medium duty truck... so again some dealers may not know or have the info yet.

Best thing is for dealer to take down part number and call their distribution facility and order it... it will probably get back-ordered since it is so new and not really for the SD trucks... but it fits just fine and was designed for a medium duty truck format/platform that Ford has.

Good luck... I am calling my dealer on Monday.

Jeff

Old 10-22-2005, 02:54 PM
Ford_Doctor
Elder User
Originally Posted by parcours

Juan
The part and the number are new. They are for the 2006 LCF which is a brand new truck therefore many dealers might not have the listing or have an updated parts catalog. The LCF is a Medium Duty truck and if your dealer is not a Medium Duty Ford dealer they may have trouble looking this up and ordering it. I asked my parts counter person to look this plug up in the catalog and we quickly found it. My dealer's database showed the part number and verified that it was indeed a good part number however the pricing information was unavailable. He called Ford for help and within an hour they had faxed us the pricing info. They also indicated that this drain plug was not widely stocked at most Ford part distribution depots and would be coming from the vendor, i.e. - back ordered meaning it would take a few days to get. I am sure that if you persist and ask your Ford parts man to dig just a tad deeper he will find the same information and can add it to their system which will eventually happen anyway.

Old 10-22-2005, 04:26 PM
satcom40
Elder User
well not of us work the day shift and at 4 am have to do something to stay awake

Old 10-22-2005, 07:07 PM
BigF350
Hotshot
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Threads merged

Old 10-22-2005, 09:34 PM
Beachbumcook
Got Diesel?
Hey Big F350.... does your SD have right-hand drive? Or is it a US built and designed left-hand drive?

Old 10-22-2005, 09:40 PM
BigF350
Hotshot
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
No, designed in the US, built in Brazil and RHD...

Old 10-24-2005, 12:32 PM
Beachbumcook
Got Diesel?
Went by my local Ford dealer and bought this new HFCM drain plug.

Cost was $17.00 with tax. Is being shipped from the national parts warehouse and will take 3 days. Nothing said about being back-ordered???

I only drain (check) every 15,000 miles when changing fuel filters and have never had the WIF light come on at anytime. I hate to jinx it, but I do like the design of the new plug for the "do-it-yourself" mechanics.

Jeff

Quick Reply: HCFM Drain Plug - Threads merged