General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Everything HALLOWEEN - pranks, costumes, decorate your house, songs, etc....

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2005, 02:14 AM
four-sixty-power
Fleet Mechanic
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Exclamation Everything HALLOWEEN - pranks, costumes, decorate your house, songs, etc....

I think(I know I shouldn't but the voices insist) we all could use some ideas for Halloween and enjoy some stories while we are at it. I need ideas anyway...

Nows the time to start getting ready, I'm cleaning out the garage to make it dark and scary, not sure which way to go yet...

It's October 12th, do you know where your costumes are?

What are some of the best costumes you have seen or worn?

What are some good Halloween songs or websites to search for?

How overboard(or not) do you go on decorating your graveyard-I mean front yard?

Whats the best prank you've ever pulled or had pulled on you?

I decided I should put the link to the "I need some ideas to stop pumpkin smashers" thread here:

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/s...hlight=pumpkin

What's the worst costume you've ever seen?

Anyone ever "red-necked" a costume together in 4 minutes?

Any question I missed?

Only 19 days to Chris-oops-Halloween people, are we ready?

Enjoy the thread...

Old 10-12-2005, 02:44 AM
fellro86
Hotshot
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I had my winter overalls stuffed to look like someone had been runn over, and had the car parked so that the kids had to walk past it to get to the door... even had boots sticking out. had one little kid kick the boot to see if that was a real person under there... the next year, I did similar, but had the hood shut on it...

Old 10-12-2005, 02:06 PM
JD717
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I fully plan to hide out at my aunts place in a viking outfit, and jsut scare the living crap out of EVERYONE that comes by.

Old 10-12-2005, 02:48 PM
1970f2504x4
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Usually every year we would always decorate my parents house for halloween. Grave Yard, lights, spooky music, spooky effects, the works. My mom still does a scaled down version even though I don't live there anymore (I was pretty much the driving force of the decorations)

One year I dressed up in old jeans, an overcoat, old work boots, a scary mask and a hat. I stuffed all the clothes with newspaper to make it look like it was stuffed. So they couldn't see my eyes through the mask, I used a layer or two of cheesecloth over sundglasses to look through and added some more newspaper to add 'mass' and make the my head look distorded and 'faker'. I looked very convincing as a dummy. I sat in a chair on our front porch. I sort of slumped over and I looked pretty lifeless.

So I sat there for a while. Trick or treaters came and went. Nobody suspected a thing. I was waiting for the right crowd. I didn't want to scare everyone because I didn't want the word to get out that our house had someone sitting outside.. I wanted to catch a group 100% off guard.

Finally a fairly large group of 13-14 year olds came along. I could see they were a bit nervous at my presence. They rang the doorbell.. my mom gave out the candy.. the door closed. Just as they started to turn away.. I jump up and GRRROOOWWLL!! I swear some of the kids turned pale as they took off!! I was cracking up after that (as were they).. I got em' good. I figured after that word would spread so we put a real dummy out. It was kinda funny to watch people check the dummy out to see if it was me or not..

I can't wait until my wife and I find a house and can start decorating the house again..

Old 10-12-2005, 03:57 PM
slash31938
Posting Guru
As i sit here like a fool in my full Michael Myers getup, i dream about the halloween season, and scaring the crap outta lil kids. YEA!!!

Old 10-19-2005, 03:50 AM
four-sixty-power
Fleet Mechanic
Thought I'd bump this up to the top of the list again, we are a creative bunch, aren't we?

Old 10-23-2005, 08:38 PM
four-sixty-power
Fleet Mechanic
Well it is 8 days to Halloween, I thought I'd post some links I found:

this one is cool outdoors/naturey stuff:
http://www.compfused.com/directlink/864/

this is.......weird, I think it is a music video, you may be surprised:
http://209.0.146.17/1/graphics/movie...hnny_aphex.swf

glow in the dark toilet seat:
http://www.kiss-textil.de/galactikaen.htm

How to carve a pumpkin(watch it by yourself before letting kids watch it):
http://www.liquidgeneration.com/sabo...pkin_carve.asp

NEW! Final Fantasy VII movie trailer(COOOOL!):
http://www.leenks.com/link26012.htm

Old 10-17-2006, 01:12 AM
four-sixty-power
Fleet Mechanic
It is October 16th 2006 as I type this.
So last year I didn't get to do my garage idea.
We did have black lights in the outside porch/front door lights. I strung up(heehee) orange xmas lightbulbs off the balcony. I had scary sounds/music playing loud for the neighborhood to hear. I put a blacklight in the room by the front door and wore all white so I would glow like a ghost might. We of course had pumpkins on the balcony and front porch.

This year:
I am thinking of putting red film on all of the insides of the windows and having all of the lights in the house on so it is a very bright red when veiwed fron the street, sort of a "Bloodhouse" theme, maybe a couple of torches by thre front door, the requistite LOUD scary sounds/music...

I'm thinking of some way to dress my R/C car up to look like a giant rat to scare the kids with...

I'm thinking of making some kind of plate, that when stepped on activates a very loud horn to startle people as they come up the stairs...

I'm thinking of putting a wire wheel in the electric drill and setting it on a low speed with the trigger lock on and spinning it against the inside of the garage door to create wierd scratching noises heard from outside...

I'm thinking of setting up the sprinkler where it can't be seen to create random noise in the darkness, maybe find something unusual for the waterdrops to fall on to create unusual noise....

I wonder how hard an R/C pumpkin would be to do?

Old 10-17-2006, 01:50 AM
Old Rust Bucket
Elder User
As some one who has dug graves professianly I do not get much into Halloween.

Old 10-17-2006, 07:22 AM
FghtinIrshNvrDie
Postmaster
Guys, guess what I'm going to be for my friend's halloween party...

A terrorist. I'm having Eva bring a camera to see the looks on thier faces when i walk through the door.

Ryan

Old 10-17-2006, 11:36 AM
jim henderson
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Ah Halloween memories.

One good and cheap trick was Fishing Line. What we did way back was tie fishing line to bushes around the yard and yank on the lines when people showed up. Scared more than a few tricksters away. We also tied some line to the front gate so we could open it as they came in, muuuuaaaahhhhaaahhhaahhh. We used something like 50 pound test.

One trick I am planning this year is to tie a fishing line high over the driveway approaching the front door. We will hang lots of very fine line, like 2 pound test from that line so it will hang low enough to touch people as they pass. We think it will feel like spider webs or worse.

I like the RC rat idea, think we will try that. maybe something shooting out from under the partly open garage door.

I think we may also try to make a mockup coffin with some body parts hanging out and put it in the back of my pickup camper shell, maybe with black light.

Lots of interesting ideas.

Jim Henderson

Old 10-17-2006, 09:51 PM
FirstTry
Posting Guru
there is an exposed wood beam beside the walkway to our front door. im going to get a roofers harness, wear my overalls adn stuff them to make me look more like a dummy, and hang by the front door and scare the like 5 people that come to my house

Old 10-17-2006, 11:49 PM
four-sixty-power
Fleet Mechanic
I just had an idea...heeheehee...

My dad's coming back from hunting, hopefully with a couple of deer. If I get some poly, the kind used in house construction or any kind I 'spose, and I get some blood from the deer, I would lay out a big enough section of poly on the lawn and using a paint brush splatter it with the blood......then I would let that dry and attach the splattered poly to the closed WHITE garage door. It would probably look like the garage door had been covered in blood. I bet that would make people think about what in the world happens at these people's house to cause that???

I think it would look neat........and real!

Do not shine the flashlights directly at the door, do not pay any attention to the man behind the curtain....

Old 10-18-2006, 03:16 PM
fordboy_52
Lead Driver
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
im going to be drunk for halloween... i get to go to bars legally for the first time, yay

Matt

Old 10-18-2006, 04:00 PM
surewhynot
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by four-sixty-power
Anyone ever "red-necked" a costume together in 4 minutes?
One time I wore a white leaf bag and went as white trash

Quick Reply: Everything HALLOWEEN - pranks, costumes, decorate your house, songs, etc....