Goose egg problems

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2005, 09:36 PM
huronfarmer
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Goose egg problems

ok, this problem is holding me from blasting and starting to get the ball rolling on actually painting my 53.....the metal on one part of the top of the cab is stretched out in a little spot and has formed a "goose egg" on top of the cab, almost like the goose egg you get on your head when you start coming up before your head is actually out from under the pickup after workin on it...... my question is, HOW DO I GET THE GOOSE EGG TO GO AWAY????????
very disgruntled,
darrell

Last edited by huronfarmer; 10-11-2005 at 09:41 PM.
Old 10-12-2005, 07:22 AM
FortyFords
Post Fiend
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
You are going to have to shrink it,an old technique used buy bodymen.
Unless you have expierence in this consult withsome good books or a good metal worker ,because I would hate to see you make a mess of your roof
is yours like someone hit the inside with a ballpeen hammer?

you could practice on some old sheet metal take a ballpeen hammer mae some goose eggs and shrink them,
you will need a torch with smallest tip available,ice cold water and rags
you heat the highest point to just slightly red to about the size of a quarter ($25cent) Then tap lighlty with body hammer right in the middle of the hot spotonce maybe twice while using a dolly on the backside of the metalThen cool it instantly with cold rag and the surrounding area.This takes practice to get it right.once you work the metal but not too much or you will get oil can effect. you can finsh with a file or prime to fill any ows

If you don't feel confident get someone to do it for you but ask to watch.
Rich

Old 10-13-2005, 06:29 PM
huronfarmer
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ha, i posted the same question on the 48-60 forum and a guy said heat it to a about the size of a dime...but do NOT cool with a rag, let it air cool...... ive already got the oil can effect because the egg is 2-3 inches or so, and ive beat it in and watched it come right back out so many times its not funny.....ill try the torch deal tomorrow....and ive always heard about the water cool too, so i think ill use water....cools faster, lets me get more things done, right?? haha