Detailed Ford Workshop Manual

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2005, 09:29 AM
muckypaws
Elder User
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Detailed Ford Workshop Manual

Hi,

Does anyone know where to obtain detailed workshop manuals for a 92 bronco. I have the haynes and chiltons but they only scratch the surface of some stuff. I'm certain there must be a Ford OEM manual. On CD would be idea, free would be even better.

Cheers

Simon

Old 09-01-2005, 09:37 AM
IBeam
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not sure for your area, but here in Utah, all of our local Library's have a really good setup on Shop Manuals for all vehicles. Some of them are even online through our local library.

Old 09-01-2005, 09:39 AM
muckypaws
Elder User
LOL. I bet I went into my library and asked for a Bronco Manual they'd send me to the equestrian section. I'm in the UK so Bronco's are pretty scarce here.

Old 09-01-2005, 09:43 AM
nv_brewer
Junior User
Go to http://www.helminc.com/ and follow the Aftermarket DIY link. You'll find one of the best manual sets out there. They're not cheap ( $90 for the shop, $12 for wiring, etc) but they are complete. I have a set and love them.

Old 09-01-2005, 09:54 AM
IBeam
Senior User
Originally Posted by muckypaws
LOL. I bet I went into my library and asked for a Bronco Manual they'd send me to the equestrian section. I'm in the UK so Bronco's are pretty scarce here.
Sorry but I got to ask. Is it an American version with the steering on the left, or a conversion with the steering on the right.

I have a friend in London that tells me stories about how some of the roads, country lanes as she calls them are so narrow that only one car at a time can fit on them, and a small car at that. I can imagine peoples reaction to you coming down the road. One thing about it, in a traffic jam, they are only speed bumbs.

Old 09-01-2005, 10:09 AM
muckypaws
Elder User
Its a genuine LHD one from CA (imported it nov last year) not a RHD bodge job!

Yes some of our roads (or goat tracks as my mate from GA calls them) are narrow enough that the door mirrors hit the vegetation each side. Generally I get priority unless I meet a JCB Fastrack coming the other way. I didn't appreciate the size of it untill I was in my g/fs car (Hyundai Lantra *spits*) and pulled up nose to nose on the driveway in front of it - all I could see out the screen is chrome, grill and tyres! Now she is getting a Suzuki Alto which would easily fit in the back of a F250 Long Bed so it will swamp it. I'll post some photos after the weekend.

The height is lovely being able to see over hedges and other traffic.

"The Car in front is my crumple zone"

Simon

Old 09-01-2005, 10:16 AM
IBeam
Senior User
Originally Posted by muckypaws

"The Car in front is my crumple zone"

Simon
Got to love the intimidation factor a big high sitting ford gives a tailgater.

Old 09-01-2005, 10:18 AM
muckypaws
Elder User
yeah, thats fine unless they sit in the middle of the tailgate then ya can't see them at all throug the mirrors!

All european cars need flags on them for visability!

Old 09-01-2005, 01:33 PM
94 XLT White/ Silver 302
Elder User
Try the automotive manual section on ebay, thats where I found the manuals for my 94. At a fraction of the cost of new. If you need some diagrams let me know I don't think it's much difference in the 92-94 Bronco's

Old 09-03-2005, 06:09 PM
big g
New User
got truck shop manual for both engine and chassis off ebay here in england-1988 so probs no good for your truck
still twas a fiver well spent considering gen ford items

Old 09-03-2005, 10:05 PM
JBronco
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I purchased all of the factory literature that I could find for my 90 XLT. I spent close to $200 for all of it though, so be prepared to spend a few bucks. eBay is a great place to find the stuff, and once in a while you can score a good deal. Although I paid around $90 for my two volume shop manual set, and that is about the going rate, I've seen them get past everyone and somehow sell for around $20. So keep checking.

Another great place to get the stuff from is helminc.com.

You may be able to find the stuff on cd-rom, but I personally would rather have a book in front of me - although I recently set up an old computer in my garage.

Click here to see my set of manuals

Last edited by JBronco; 09-03-2005 at 10:09 PM.
Old 09-04-2005, 11:10 PM
93BigBlackBronco
Senior User
Watch Ebay I picked both 1993 Truck Service manuals, EVTM manual, Wiring diagrams, ABS tech classroom manual, and 2, 6 inch thick 1993 service bulletin binders. I don't think I've spent more than a $100.00. All purchases were on various auctions and usually shipped Media Mail which is cheapest.
Nothing beats Factory manuals try to get updated version too.

Old 09-05-2005, 12:39 PM
brokebronco
Posting Guru
I had an 88 Bronco with 33s when I was stationed in Germany. Talk about people getting out of the way in the smaller towns and villages.

Chris

Old 09-05-2005, 12:48 PM
ol'Madeline
Junior User
Try JC Whitney or LMC both have websites. They sell official shop manuals in sets too. Generally around $150 bucks American, but is the same thing the mechanics use when they want to justify charging you $60-$80 bucks an hour to fix your stuff.