1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Yes I'm Still Alive

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2005, 10:45 PM
irondragon79
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes I'm Still Alive

Hey yal, just figured I should drop in and let you know I am still very much alive, and still have the F-3 extended cab project going. Between gradute school and work, however, my progress has been rather slow. My most recent work has been on replacing some of the lower sheetmetal on my box and trying to figure out how to get the right crown on my roof.

On a more personal note, I managed to survive my first year as a masters student at Ohio State, and hopefully just one more year to go. Also I have recently gotten engaged and will be getting married next summer. Lucky for me, the future Mrs. approves of my hobby, the only condition being that I have to find her an older jeep for her to work on and I'll need to share some shop space. Sounds fair to me.

Hopefully I should be able to be around the board more often now that things are settling down a bit, so maybe I can get back into sharing some of my sheetmetal adventures/experiences.

Old 08-31-2005, 06:23 AM
g84t8f1
Elder User
Hi And Congratulations .sounds Like You Got A Keeper.good Luck.
Art

Old 08-31-2005, 06:50 AM
Huntsman
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It is good to hear from you and glad things are going well, especially the marriage part. Yes it does sound like you have a keeper but I don't know about the "sharing shop space" condition. Next she'll want you to vacuum or 'help' around the house.

Old 08-31-2005, 09:38 AM
Broomfieldbum
Laughing Gas

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Congrats on the engagement. I agree you got a keeper if she understands old truck people she is truly rare. My wife doesn't even start to claim that. If you get a chance put some new pictures up of your project. I think it is a cool concept and will make a great truck when you are done.

Broomfieldbum

Old 08-31-2005, 09:53 AM
bobbytnm
Roast em' if you got 'em
Received 3,841 Likes on 1,840 Posts
Iron,

Cool truck! Congrats on finding a woman who shares your interests! Be careful, women are patient, first they start by sharing some shop space and the before you know it you have 2 mini vans sitting in the driveway and you are shuffling a boatload of kool-aid swilling kids to soccer practice and there is no old Ford in sight.

Glad to hear that grad school is working going good. Stick to it!!

Bobby

Old 08-31-2005, 02:07 PM
mr4speedford
Posting Guru
Jon, glad you came back! Always wanted to see how well your truck would turn-out, you always did good work. I believe before you left you were thinking of using an original frame? -4speed

Old 09-01-2005, 10:57 PM
irondragon79
Posting Guru
4speed, your correct in the fact that I have chosen to keep the original frame/suspension. After I put the effort into getting a 79 frame to the right wheel base, I decided that I was going to lose too much of the original feel which was my first plan. I'm still going to go with a newer rear axle and driveline however, but going to keep it a HD 3/4 ton.

I'm getting excited about this upcoming week, and a road trip that I'm taking to pick up a clip for the old girl (thanks to a fellow board member around the lake from me). Finally I'll have all the sheetmetal for the truck in my possession (and all in need of TLC). I'm hoping that sometime late next week I'll get everything temporarily bolted together long enoughto get some pictures and to get a good idea of what this thing will look like in the end. I have a feeling several of you will be curious too (I'll try to get that done ASAP)

Anyways, as I said before, I should hopefully be around the board more often, sorry about dropping off for a while. Kinda nice to know I was actually missed

Old 09-01-2005, 11:31 PM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
Received 2,059 Likes on 804 Posts
Jon,

I told you were missed, Your truck too