Ontario Chapter Join Chapter>, Leader: loudfords

Cool Cars

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2005, 10:28 PM
Big_Fords
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Cars

I know this is a truck site but lets here about some of the Nice cars that you guys have.

When i got my G2 in march i started looking for a used car, i didn't get a typical used car that you might be good for a student. I fell in love with a 1974 Lincoln Mark IV in the autotrader and I rushed out to buy it. Its my daily driver ( even though it shouldn't be with the gas prices ) but i love it.

Here's the specs....

1974 Lincoln Mark IV
35,000 original miles
460 Automatic
Brown Body
Lighter Brown Vinyl Top
Leather Interior
Pw,P Seats, AC
AM/FM radio

It's in great shape , 1 owner car, I joined the local car club and enjoy taking it out to the meetings.

Lets here about your cars.

Richard

Old 07-16-2005, 12:37 AM
Dealford
Cargo Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had a 76 Mark IV for a while. I got the boat for free, did next to nothing to fix it & sold it a year later for $1200. Also had a 78 Town Car for a couple of years. Those cars ride so fine that anything else seems like a hack.
AL.

Old 07-16-2005, 06:23 AM
Steve's Beast
Senior User
Red face

I have been looking for a 76 Mercury Marquis 2 door with a 460 for around 5 years now, still no luck! Found some that where close but never the 460 and 2 door. Well I guess I will keep looking!

Note: Dad had one.. Hence 460 in my truck! But the back end of the car was rusted so bad the frame ended just after the rear axle. Too bad. Was a nice car.

Old 07-16-2005, 07:07 AM
Beast12
Post Fiend
I've got a Ford Focus. I think it is pretty cool.

-Matt

Old 07-16-2005, 08:26 AM
truckfarmingcanuck
Senior User
We have a Mustang. Not and old one, an 86 5.0 GT. It's a convertible that is used to head out to Dairy Queen on Sundays and other pleasure drives. The rag top is a nice option on a fun little car that's I've had for a while now.

Speaking of big luxury mobiles. I was out scrounging bones yards last weekend with a buddy and we came accross an old Lincoln. I'm not up on my years in the cars as much but would say it was a '67. It had suicide doors and was fairly complete. Power train was gone. Located in Trenton. If anyone needs more detail drop me a line. It looked out of place amongst the Tempo's and other crap. I looked inside and was amazed at the options this old girl had. I'm sure it was a prize in it's day.

later
TFC

Old 07-16-2005, 11:11 AM
Mil1ion
New User
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
I just got a 88 Lincoln Town Car in May.

It's one of the only type cars Michelle feels comfortable in since the highway collision.

Old 07-16-2005, 11:58 AM
Mavaholic
Freshman User
if anyone happens to come across any Mavericks while walking through a bone yard, will ya let me know, there is none in the area where I live and they don't really make any reproduction parts for it..... I am hoping this link works, but if it does, there are 5 pics of my car fresh from paint about a month ago....

http://mmb.maverick.to/gallery/brows...=8&userid=1158

the windows, tires and rims are clean now so it doesn't look as bad

Old 07-16-2005, 12:04 PM
Mavaholic
Freshman User
btw..... big fords...... if you ever decided to part out your lincoln or happen across a parts lincoln mark iv let me know cause the 9" from your car will bolt right up to mine.... the perches are exact..... just a little wider cause of the disc brakes

Old 07-17-2005, 12:20 PM
Big_Fords
Junior User
Steve , I know where there's a 2 door mercury with a 460, same year as my Lincoln i think, Its in a scrap yard up here , but the car's in great shape, the only thing it needs is a new vinyl roof. The guy who owns the yard wants to fix it up for himself but I know he won't because he never has the time. I always wanted to get it out of there so it ouldn't go to waste. If you want more info. let me know.

Richard

Old 07-17-2005, 12:26 PM
Big_Fords
Junior User
I have to agree with Dealford, those cars just float down the road. I hate sitiching from driving the lincoln to my mom's Sebring because it makes me feel like i'm driving in a bubble.

Old 07-18-2005, 08:56 PM
Steve's Beast
Senior User
Originally Posted by Big_Fords
Steve , I know where there's a 2 door mercury with a 460, same year as my Lincoln i think, Its in a scrap yard up here , but the car's in great shape, the only thing it needs is a new vinyl roof. The guy who owns the yard wants to fix it up for himself but I know he won't because he never has the time. I always wanted to get it out of there so it ouldn't go to waste. If you want more info. let me know.

Richard
Well I am interested! I just sent you a P/M

Old 07-18-2005, 10:43 PM
Dealford
Cargo Master
Dad had one of the coolest cars...

A `58 Edsel Pacer with the MEL 410 and Teletouch automatic. I was 4 when he got it as a "demonstrater" that the dealer's wife had driven for a while. The car was 4 grand "used".
Dad's favorite play time out on the prairies was hunting down the hemi Chryslers & blowing their doors off.
The package tray was so big that I preffered it over the back seat.
Have a look at one now & you'll see that it's a factory lowrider and, yes the car could really hold a curve.
Do a google search & you should find about 125,000 sites with Edsel refferances. That's pretty good for a "lemon" that only had about 200,000 produced.
AL.

Old 07-20-2005, 09:54 AM
fp_5
Laughing Gas
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Best car I ever had, still have, is my '64 Falcon. Most reliable by far and so ugly it's cool. 4 door, 13inch tires and a 144 cubic inch 6 that puts out a savagely impotent 85hp! With a good tail wind she'll do 80mph and get close to 30mpg.
One January morning I had my work truck(new dodge) and the wife's chevy van frozen solid and they both wouldn't start. I got into the Falcon that had not been started for at least 4weeks, pulled the choke, pumped the gas pedal, turned the key and the old girl fired right up. I used it to boost the other two !!
The car is so simple and easy to work on, even easier than my truck. In fact, to change the oil I don't have to get under the car. I can reach everything from under the hood topside! How many cars can you do that on!
I'll never own a new car and thats just fine by me.

Frank

Old 07-20-2005, 11:17 AM
loudfords
FTE Chapter Leader

I saw your Falcon, you're right it is not a pretty car, not what I expected to see when you told me to look for a 64 Falcon. What was the green car behind your house?

Old 07-20-2005, 11:27 AM
fp_5
Laughing Gas
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by loudfords
you're right it is not a pretty car, not what I expected to see when you told me to look for a 64 Falcon. What was the green car behind your house?
Hey, at least you didn't call it ugly, only I can call it ugly.
The green thing belongs to a friend of mine. It's a '74 dodge Dart with a 225 slant six or "the leaning tower of power" as I like to call it. I had them park it at the back because I didn't want the neighbors to see a dodge in the driveway, think of my reputation!! Oh well now I went and told everyone!

Quick Reply: Cool Cars