2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reg Cab

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2005, 04:45 PM
massdog_FX4
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Reg Cab

I just picked up an 05 REG CAB on friday the 12th. I live in Northern California have no kids to haul around and just plain like the looks of the reg cab. Up Here I dont really see too many reg cabs. I will probably level the front out to protect that beautiful bumper from becoming fodder during deer season. Dont see too many posts regarding the new reg cab trucks. I will post some pics and list of mods to come tonight or early tomorrow. lets see some pics of those 04-05 reg cabs and your mods. Thanks-MassDog

Old 06-12-2005, 08:44 PM
BillC
Elder User

Same here, I have an '04 reg cab and really like it. Enough in cab storage for me. Right now it's still completly stock, but I would also like to level it, plus a few other mods. Just trying to decide what to do first.

Old 06-13-2005, 01:21 AM
Birdhunter1
Cargo Master
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Reg. cab club member here too. Other than a few cosmetic things and my toolbox in the bed the truck is the same as when I bought it.

Old 06-13-2005, 01:41 AM
ejpreston
Senior User
Pics in my gallery. I still neet to load some pictures of the truck with the leveling kit (looks and feels 100% better with it). Gotta love those extra doors...pure genius.

Old 06-13-2005, 11:30 AM
Heavy2804
Junior User
I also have '04 Reg. Cab. Pics are in my gallery.

Old 06-13-2005, 12:10 PM
Cincy F150
Senior User
I have an '04 Reg Cab, Flareside 4x4. Pics are in my gallery.

Old 06-13-2005, 12:25 PM
tank55
Senior User
Glad to see there are more reg cab owners than I thought. I just put a Gibson exhaust and billet grill on my reg cab 4x4. Still need to post the pictures of that. Have put a retrax rolltop and bed rug on mine.

Old 06-13-2005, 01:31 PM
ChrisAdams
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Lots of Reg cabs in here.

Mine has very few mods to the outside, just Lariat wheels, Ventvisors, tonneau and stubby antenna.
Chris

Old 06-13-2005, 01:53 PM
Dazz
Senior User
RCab

To protect the front end during deer season try the LeBra. A nice front cover that comes in two, upper and lower, pieces. I use only the lower half. It is a stretch and snap on that takes just a few seconds to install or remove. Try:

http://www.motorhaven.com/car_truck_accessories.aspx

I like the rigid, molded hood nose bug deflector. A free accessory comes with the bug deflector. The shipping box makes an excellent box to fit behind the seats if you cut off approx 6".

To add some stacked shelving I place some kitchen type stacked baskets behind the center console. They are held in place by a small piece of bundgy cord attached to the baby seat loop at the lower back window. I also use several plastic shoe boxes to hold emergency tools.

I do recommend you do a practice drill on withdrawing the spare tire jack handle. Do not lay the jack handle hole cover where your arm may lay upon it. The little snaps on the cover are very sharp and will punch holes in your resting arm.

Old 06-13-2005, 04:19 PM
Dazz
Senior User
RCab

.....adding to my last post.

Check your spare. It may be upside down to where you cannot put air into it. After lowering and turning the tire/rim to the correct postion to put the valve core in the correct position enough cable wire to is available to reinsert the cross section in the middle of the rim. However, this latter re-insertion will take a small amount of lifting on the operators part. One person can do it with some minor grunting.

Put a piece of tape at the location of the valve core to keep the location of the valve core visible while rewinding the cable and spare tire to the up/secure position.

There are 3 extentions to the handle that inserts through the bumper hole to lower the spare tire. I found it much easier to control the sway of the handle if only two extensions are used.

Old 06-13-2005, 08:54 PM
osbornk
Postmaster
I think my silver 04 regular cab 4X4 is just about ideal. I has black tubular running boards, cargo organizer, bed mat, bug deflector (Ford low profile) and vent shades. Looks really good and the 5.4 with 3.73 makes it pretty quick.

Old 06-14-2005, 03:53 PM
massdog_FX4
Freshman User
Thank you

Thanks for all the great ideas and awesome pics. the more i drive this truck(200 miles and counting) the more i love it.

Old 06-14-2005, 04:18 PM
AG4.0
Posting Guru
Question to you Reg. Cabber. Is there much room to recline with that extra space? My wife hates taking my truck on trips because she can't reclince at all, so it would be a major factor if/when I ever decide to ante up for a new truck. I love the look of the reg, cab and the storage is enough for what I need. It just seems like they don't move very fast off of the lots compared to SC's, and SCREW's, so you could probably get a pretty good price on one.

Old 06-14-2005, 04:42 PM
ChrisAdams
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by AG4.0
Question to you Reg. Cabber. Is there much room to recline with that extra space? My wife hates taking my truck on trips because she can't reclince at all, so it would be a major factor if/when I ever decide to ante up for a new truck. I love the look of the reg, cab and the storage is enough for what I need. It just seems like they don't move very fast off of the lots compared to SC's, and SCREW's, so you could probably get a pretty good price on one.
You can recline the seats a long way back. My wife sleeps on long highway trips all the time.
I can run it back till I can't reach the wheel, and that's with the seat all the way back on the track (where it always is when I drive. I'm 6'3'').

Lots of room in the cabin. I found some great cargo carrying things, very reasonably priced. See my gallery for pics.

As to good price, you better believe it. The 'steal deals' are often the Reg cab.
a month ago we were at Claremont Ford, two reg cabs at 13,800 and two Screws at 22,800 after all rebates.
Down side on the Reg cab is that 20% seat means a third passenger is not gonna be happy unless they are pretty dang small.

40-20-40 seat is actually the two bucket seats, and a third little seat. There is no difference in the bucket from the center console truck.

Chris

Old 06-14-2005, 04:57 PM
massdog_FX4
Freshman User
Iam gonna put that little 20% seat on a track so it will move back like the others and allow for comfortable seating for a third person and or storage in front of the seat. Might take a little fabrication, time but will be fun to tinker with.

Quick Reply: Reg Cab