Notices
2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine

probs with leveling kit?

Old 06-05-2005, 02:14 PM
MJEmerson
Senior User
MJEmerson is starting off with a positive reputation.
probs with leveling kit?

finally got the leveling kit bug....cant stand to see the lost 2.5 inches with such a cheap and easy fix.

My biggest hold up on getting it has been the worry that changing the ride of the truck will cause excess wear on front end parts by taking them out of line with what ford designed them for. any one had any probs of info on this?

also wondering if it will void the warranty on front end parts of the truck.

thanks in advance for the help.

Mike

Old 06-06-2005, 04:29 PM
dleonard888
Junior User
dleonard888 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I heard that it does void the warranty, anything attached that goes wrong they can refuse to fix

Old 06-06-2005, 10:32 PM
Carguy1959
Senior User
Carguy1959 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I've had my 2in Autospring kit on for about 10,000 miles. Tire wear is normal, ride is normal, looks, much better. As far as the warranty goes, I think they have to prove it caused the problem....

Old 06-08-2005, 12:06 AM
ejpreston
Senior User
ejpreston is starting off with a positive reputation.
I've had my kit in for a while now, and it's great overall. I too was, and am still concerned with the changed geometry. Don't get me wrong, it drives fine and works great (after alignment of course). But, it brings the travel almost to full drop, and it does reach full drop over speedbumps, etc. Also, cornering at high speeds (freeway bankings, etc) seem unstable, but then again, it's a truck, not a sports car. I'm happy with mine overall.

Old 06-08-2005, 11:34 AM
laglernate
New User
laglernate is starting off with a positive reputation.
Question

Originally Posted by ejpreston
I've had my kit in for a while now, and it's great overall. I too was, and am still concerned with the changed geometry. Don't get me wrong, it drives fine and works great (after alignment of course). But, it brings the travel almost to full drop, and it does reach full drop over speedbumps, etc. Also, cornering at high speeds (freeway bankings, etc) seem unstable, but then again, it's a truck, not a sports car. I'm happy with mine overall.
What type of leveling kit did you get because i know that the poly spring spacers will cause you to over extend your shocks. I was looking into a kit from Donahoe Racing which is a bracket that mounts on the top of the shock and drops the whole assymble down. Any thoughts from anyone?
http://performancelifts.com/cgi-bin/cart/DRE9-2500.html

Old 06-08-2005, 05:29 PM
ejpreston
Senior User
ejpreston is starting off with a positive reputation.
I got that same type (mounts on top of the strut unit, dropping it all down together). That's not what maxes out its drop, it's the upper control arm that gets maxed out. It has to reach a lot lower to connect to the turning nuckle/spindle/hub. I go tthe EZ lift one made out of solid aluminum. 2 inch lift.

Old 06-08-2005, 06:25 PM
MJEmerson
Senior User
MJEmerson is starting off with a positive reputation.
this is good info thanks for all the replies

Old 06-08-2005, 06:47 PM
04fx4scab
Senior User
04fx4scab is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by laglernate
I was looking into a kit from Donahoe Racing which is a bracket that mounts on the top of the shock and drops the whole assymble down. Any thoughts from anyone?
that donahoe kit doesn't actually mount on top of the existing strut (a.k.a. autospring) it replaces the top strut plate with the new spacer. the only drawback is that you have to disassemble the strut to install like the daystar.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.