ez lift - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine

ez lift

Old 04-21-2005, 09:50 PM
kywildcat103
Freshman User
kywildcat103 is starting off with a positive reputation.
ez lift

which lift is the best to install ez lift or the daystar?and where do i find either one. thanks

Old 04-22-2005, 04:00 AM
keith Ruge
Senior User
keith Ruge is starting off with a positive reputation.
You can get a good deal on Ebay thats were I got mine But I havent installed it yet becouse IM trying to find out WHEN I tow how much is the front gona go up PS I got the Ezlift @ they came with real good directoins looks easy

Old 04-22-2005, 06:55 PM
who243
Freshman User
who243 is starting off with a positive reputation.
kywildcat103,

I purchased the ez lift yesterday and it will be here Wed.When I get it installed I'll let you know how the install went. The reason I went with the ez lift was because it looks pretty easy to install .

Old 04-23-2005, 08:01 AM
EnergizerBunny69
Senior User
EnergizerBunny69 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by keith Ruge
You can get a good deal on Ebay thats were I got mine But I havent installed it yet becouse IM trying to find out WHEN I tow how much is the front gona go up PS I got the Ezlift @ they came with real good directoins looks easy

I was just thinking, I realize that sometimes that can be a dangerous thing, but anyway. You said that you have not installed them yet because you are worried about how much the front will go up when you tow. My ? is; have you thought about installing a set of load leveling air bags on your ride ? And possibly using a lowered hitch. Just wondering.

Old 04-23-2005, 08:40 PM
keith Ruge
Senior User
No I dont want the front way up in the air over the back, Wright know the front is 5 1/2" the back is 8" 2" lift would be 7 1/2 when I have my boat hooked up It drops 1/2" I think it would be ok but I want to know

Old 04-24-2005, 12:10 AM
EnergizerBunny69
Senior User
EnergizerBunny69 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Well it does go w/out saying that if the back drops down, then the front is going to raise up. If it only drops down about 1/2" then the front is going to raise at least 1/2"-2". Maybe a little more or less. I could be a little off on this figure. Again, alot of factors have to be taken into consideration when trying to figure out how much the front will raise when towing or carrying a load. But again, if you are worried about, I would just get some of those load leveling air bag systems that you can install on the rear axle. That way you can adjust the rear as you need it depending on the load that you are towing. Some of the systems that I have seen in the past even have their own air tank systems onboard. Anyway LOL.

Old 04-24-2005, 06:26 AM
keith Ruge
Senior User
Thanks Ill keep that in mind but with all the threads that I have read about lifting the front up somebody would do some towing would think ,

Old 04-24-2005, 09:08 AM
Ferguson65
Postmaster
Ferguson65 has a spectacular reputation.Ferguson65 has a spectacular reputation.Ferguson65 has a spectacular reputation.Ferguson65 has a spectacular reputation.Ferguson65 has a spectacular reputation.Ferguson65 has a spectacular reputation.Ferguson65 has a spectacular reputation.Ferguson65 has a spectacular reputation.Ferguson65 has a spectacular reputation.Ferguson65 has a spectacular reputation.Ferguson65 has a spectacular reputation.
Keith, I don't have a leveling kit on my FX4, but I can tell you that when I loaded the bed with firewood, the rear sat just a hair lower than the front. I also had an empty cross bed box in it, taking up space. When I used it with the trailer to move two big, 55' matco toolboxes, loaded at the front of the trailer, it sat level. So in my opinion, yes you will be nose up with the 2.5 kit if you put anything in the bed. I'm going with a 1.5 kit from autospring beings is I use the truck, but mostly just cart myself around with it.

-Scott

Old 04-25-2005, 10:33 AM
bigtexan99
Elder User
bigtexan99 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.bigtexan99 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I really like the EZ lift. Installed it about 3 weeks ago and it looks great, truck still rides the same.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.