1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DP Tuner

For you with an aftermarket stereo/sub setups...??

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2005, 11:56 AM
Robbgt
Logistics Pro
Received 83 Likes on 55 Posts
For you with an aftermarket stereo/sub setups...??

Hey everyone, Just wondering which battery you conncected your amp(s) to? the one that runs to the starter, or the aux battery?? just wondering because i'm in the process of getting the rest or my stereo installed, i've had the deck and speakers in forever, but it's time for some low freq. to compliment the mids and tweeters. ALSO, if you have a recomendation for a sub/amp setup for an OBS extended cab, because there is almost no room under that back seat. I'm thinking of going w/ a 6.5" bazooka tube, and just making spacers for the seat mounts to bring it up 1/2"-1" so it will clear, any other recomendations would be great.....Thanks

-Robb

Old 04-20-2005, 12:18 PM
superrangerman2002
Logistics Pro
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
I have the 300W 6.5" bazooka tube in my extended cab SD, and I really like it. Well worth the $65 I paid for it on eBay.

I have a 630W Kenwood 4-3-2 Channel amp and 6870 Pioneer 3 ways in the doors. I run every thing with the one amp, and I have a Kenwood deck supplying the signal.

I just picked a side that was most convienient as I'm not running a overly powerfull system.

Old 04-20-2005, 05:54 PM
bluebird
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a cerwin vega 15" sub that i just put in. it's 600w max.I hooked it up to the drivers bat because of location. i made my box for my 99 ext cab to go under the rear seat and then up around the front, it's L shaped. I made the box as big as possible trying not to take up too much room, well it did, so i turned it so that it sits on the rear seat and hangs over the edge pointing down at the floor making more room to move the front bucket seats. i threw it together pretty fast with no glue and it rattles pretty good, but i'm still in the experimental phase. If i end up with anything worth keeping a post pics. by the way, it does sound good but needs fine tuning.

Old 04-20-2005, 07:29 PM
RedStroker6
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
i hooked my 800W audiobahn into the drivers side. just easier in the reg cab cause i put the amp under my seat until i get buckets in there. got a dual 10" box holdin some kickers behind the seat....it amazed me it fit. i keep a power switch on the amp so i can turn it on or off from the battery if i want. like if the truck is gonna sit with the ignition on for some odd reason while the engine is off so i don't have to worry about running down the batts.

Old 04-21-2005, 05:13 AM
Domino'sDiesel
Senior User
Hey Rob, I was told the passenger side battery is the primary battery, so that's the battery I hooked up to. I have a 96 ext. cab , and built a box to squeeze in between the center console and rear seat. Made it the same width as the console, so two people can still sit in the back. The box was the perfect size for one Kicker 10" solo-baric SL7 dual voice coil.

Old 04-21-2005, 06:33 AM
RedStroker6
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
mmm...i'll bet that Solo-Baric sound good.

Old 04-21-2005, 07:10 AM
Mike Allen
Senior User

I have two 10" JL Audio subs in separate boxes behind the rear seat with the amps and cross-overs mounted on MDF under the seat. I actually have to turn the subs down in order to enjoy the music.

I connected a 250A fuse block and primary power to the driver's side battery due to location and ease of running the power cable through the firewall.

Old 04-21-2005, 01:07 PM
Max1775
Elder User
Rob,
Amp connected to passenger side battery. Check out my gallery for pics of my center console setup. I run two downfire 10" RF HX2's off a RF 1001bd amp, and a RF 501x for mids and highs. Got the console linexed and put a storage compartment on top with a leather covered lid. Worked out real well and sounds great.

Max

Old 04-22-2005, 11:45 AM
k2vailkid
Senior User
I pulled 4 gauge off the drivers side for my amps. I ran all the other cable down the passenger side for noise elimination. I have a Kenwood 75W x 4 running Infinity Perfect 6.1 Mids and Tweets in the 4 doors and a Kenwood 600W x 1 Monoblock running an Infinity Kappa Perfect 10" sub in the Q Logic custom enclosure for the 99 - 03 Ext cabs. The gain is way down on the sub, it's super strong. Afraid for the glass in the cab!

I am under the impression the batteries are wired in parallel so technically in shouldn't matter which one you pull power from. I could be wrong, electricity can be a fickle beast.