Sponsored by:

exhaust ideas.

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2005, 11:14 PM
BroncoRoadKill
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
exhaust ideas.

I going too redoo my whole exhaust when I get more money, and need a few ideas.
I plan on some coated shortie headers and about 2" pipe too a Y-pipe, and a 3" too a 3-chamber flowmaster then a 45 down pipe.

Where can I get a high flow y-pipe?
or the whole sytem like this?

Thanks,
Clint

Old 04-06-2005, 08:05 AM
gjordan456
Senior User
Bassani has the y-pipe w/ high flow cat, they can set you up with the whole system, superchargers4less.com has some good prices...

Old 04-06-2005, 10:36 AM
greystreak92
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I'll second the Bassani system, I have the complete setup under my 93. Sounds far better than any F***master system I've ever heard.

Last edited by greystreak92; 04-06-2005 at 10:59 AM.
Old 04-06-2005, 10:39 AM
93BigBlackBronco
Senior User
Bassani stainless excellent quality product

Old 04-07-2005, 05:27 PM
BroncoRoadKill
Posting Guru
Can you get the bassani system with a flowmaster?
Also, do they sell any setups without cat?

Thanks,
Clint

Old 04-07-2005, 05:47 PM
gjordan456
Senior User
you can get the bassani headers, which will bolt up to your stock y-pipe, the bassani y-pipe comes with the high flow cat, you'd have to contact the supplier to see if they would sell it to you w/o the cat and then you could bolt up any after market cat back system you like, the reason I am getting the compleat system because it is all designed to work togeather, my thought is if I am going to spend that much money I want max performance, also the bassani system will sound as good if not better than any other system, one thing that you need to take into account is the design of the system and bassani has done a great job, I don't have my system yet but I have been researching all the systems out there and I know a gut who has the bassani system on his F-150 and I'll tell you the thing sound's awesome!!

Old 04-07-2005, 05:51 PM
93BigBlackBronco
Senior User
Bassani Off Road is Non Catylist. I am using Non catylist Y pipe and 3" cat back. I have flowmaster cat back already it's a lot smaller than Bassani.
Soon as I make time I will get it installed. So many projects at once .

Old 04-07-2005, 08:57 PM
BroncoRoadKill
Posting Guru
Well, this truck has a crapy done true duels on it and I will replace the whole system.
I was thinking headers high flow y-pipe then 3" too a flowmaster then 45 down pipe right in front of the rear tire on the pass. side.

Old 04-08-2005, 01:25 AM
greystreak92
Post Fiend
You couldn't PAY me to put Flowmaster equipment under my rig. Why bother with it? Its just gonna rust away in two years anyway! The Bassani stuff is all stainless and the muffler is fully welded on every seam. Not to mention you won't get that atrocious pop and snap when you come down out of the accelerator that flowmasters seem to be so good at allowing. Yeah, thats what I want...make my truck sound like an oversized lawnmower with a crappy choke adjustment. Sorry guys. Obviously I have very strong opinions against flowmaster. Its obviously your choice but for the record, Flowmaster = Flushmaster in my book.

Bassani at least takes the time to actually build a complete system that is tuned and designed to work with the engine in that truck. Flowmaster builds a bunch of so-called high performance mufflers that may or may not be the most efficient unit for the engine/vehicle in question. The Bassani unit is designed and built FOR the vehicle/engine combination that it is listed under. Not so with Flowmaster's "generic" mufflers. They cannot make the claim that they took the time to actually tune the muffler to work optimally with the exhaust system for a 302 or a 351 IN a Bronco! Bassani DOES so they can make this claim. And that my friends is why you pay more for the Bassani equipment! Its called "research and developement". Its called building quality rather than quantity.

Old 04-08-2005, 09:57 PM
BroncoRoadKill
Posting Guru
Grey, you make alot of very good points, I do kinda like the back fire sound of a wide open exhaust tho.
But I also, like the idea of getting the whole system. Do you have too e-mail bassani for a price of what I want? With a bassani muffler of course.
I don't want any cats either.

Thanks,
Clint

Old 04-08-2005, 11:15 PM
93BigBlackBronco
Senior User
Bought mine from Proficient Performance.

Old 04-09-2005, 01:40 AM
greystreak92
Post Fiend
BroncoRoadKill,

Proficient Performance and there is another site that has been tossed around lately with "better" pricing as I understand it. (can't recall the name right now unfortunately). YOu won't necessarily need to contaqct Bassani directly but, their site will give you complete part numbers and descriptions of the components to the system you are looking for.

Oh and the comment I made about the "pop and snap" was more in reference to the excessive amount of this that occurs during deceleration. I do realize that some people appreciate this "sound" to their exhaust. Again its personal taste and therefore an option to consider.

Joe

Old 09-17-2005, 07:34 PM
BroncoRoadKill
Posting Guru
ressurected thread.

hey greystreak, you wouldnt remember that site you were talking about would you? cause the price comes out too about 650 with the headers and y-pipe.
Thats some big bucks.
I was looking at just the bassani headers and y-pipe and I thinking of putting my own 3" pipe with flowmaster after their offroad pipe with a 45 down out of the flowmaster.

Old 09-17-2005, 11:27 PM
greystreak92
Post Fiend
BroncoRoadKill,

Man, sorry, I've been sitting here racking my brain and I can't think of the name of that site. The best prices I've seen listed for Bassani products lately have been at www.ampperformance.com Unfortunately, their website is down for maintenance at the moment. It does list their phone numbers and other contact info it you are interested.

I spent just about a grand on the complete system a couple years back from Tommie Vaughn Ford in Houston So the 650 pricetag doesn't sound all that bad to me but then we are talking about stainless exhaust here that produces more HP and more torque than the competition in EVERY test run on it.

Old 09-18-2005, 06:13 PM
BroncoRoadKill
Posting Guru
thanks grey, that price was from Proficient Performance.

Quick Reply: exhaust ideas.