2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wife Vs. Truck?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2005, 04:19 PM
Luis S
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would say its quite normal for a guy to be very protective of his truck or any other type of vehicle. Yeah ive gotten pissy with the wife over her treatment of the truck before but who hasnt?

Most women, not all, dont take care of their cars worth crap. So sometimes when they do something that you know you would never do (fling the doors open and shut, wear jewlery when washing the truck, ect) it gets to you. Doesnt mean you love your wife less than your truck, you would just like her to care for it as much as you do. My wife drives the truck everyday to work. She knows what I expect when it comes to taking care of our cars. Shes even put a few scratches in it herself (thats why you dont wash the truck with jewery on btw...) but I trust her and she doesnt disapoint. And shes even beat a trans-am on the road! Thats sooo hot... :drool:

Why our these trucks so important? For,me I feel that Ive busted my rear to buy it so Id like it to at least last the first 3 yrs without any major damage. Nothing wrong with that imho. And thats true with anything, boat, house, electronics and so on.

Do I worry about her driving it? No. In fact I insist she drive it daily. As much as I like my truck, I feel very good on my way to work knowing my wife is in a safe and reliable vehicle. Because the bottom line is I LOVE my wife I just LIKE my truck alot. And only one of them is replaceable...

Later,

Luis S

Old 03-24-2005, 04:45 PM
Ruckus
Posting Guru
Smile

I wouldn't mind if my wife wore jewelry when washing her car or my truck, as long as it did not touch the paint. Good Luck!

Old 03-25-2005, 06:44 AM
hooknbook
Freshman User
Wink

Thanks for all the great replies. Like some of you said it is only a truck and it can be replaced but a wife can't. I going on a trip on Easter Sunday, i think i'll let the wife drive!

Old 03-25-2005, 12:32 PM
NR2D
Freshman User
My wife doesn't want to drive my truck. I let her drive my 87 F250 HD with the 5 speed and that cured her of driving my trucks. She lets me drive her Explorer but I feel like I'm in a sardine can. BTW When she drives I don't look. When I boought the truck last year The dealer and my wife wanted me to wit for one that was coming in to the dealer in about 5 weeks but the problem I have is I drive about 500 miles a week. That would have added more mileage on my trade-in and I was going to let her drive it to where she works, about 100 miles a week. The highway she takes is known for accidents and I told her that not only NO but Edited. So I found the truck at another dealer and my dealer made a trade. Haven't looked back since.

Rich Dunklee
NR2D

Last edited by IB Tim; 03-26-2005 at 05:42 PM. Reason: bumping filter
Old 03-26-2005, 02:20 AM
Motorcycle4
Freshman User
Wife And Truck

My Wife Drives More Than Me On Her Job 70-100 Miles A Day In Her Economy Car So She Just Loves To Drive The Truck 04 Fx4 Screw ,i've Taught Her And She Takes As Good Of Care Of The Truck As Me And Also Drives A Couple Of Are Other Special Cars With No Problem She Didn't Like Special Cars Or Trucks Until I Meet Her 5yrs Ago Now She Is Bad As Me With The Care Of Vehicles ,plus Nothing Sexier Than Seeing Her Drive Our Truck

Old 03-26-2005, 02:49 AM
Ruckus
Posting Guru
Smile

There sure have been alot of interesting comments on this post.I am almost ready to ask my wife if she wants to drive?Good Luck!

Old 03-26-2005, 09:30 AM
Powerdude
Elder User
So the dog scratched up the tailgate?

Simple, when a dog poops where it isnt supposed to, shove it's nose in the poop. Dog learns.

Dog scraches up the tailgate trying to get to the bed, take the dob in the bed, beat the crap out of it, but make sure you don't do any permanent damage. Dog won't go in the bed or near the truck.

Make the dog be afraid of the truck. Or, tie the dog to the truck and rev the engine to scare the crap out of the dog a few times.

Problem solved.

Old 03-26-2005, 09:36 AM
hooknbook
Freshman User
I understand about the poop and all, but i have to take the dog to the vet now and then. My wife just got a new job which is actually less miles than i drive to work. So you can see whats coming next. So the wifes asks, "Since I'll be driving less miles why don't you let me drive the truck to work. I had to think of something fast. So i said, "Isn't the parking stalls small in the parking lot? The wife says yeh, maybe it isn't a good idea, i don't want someone's car door to ding the truck.......................PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-26-2005, 10:21 AM
Ruckus
Posting Guru
hooknbook, Congratulations!That sure was some fast thinking!Good Luck!

Old 03-26-2005, 12:59 PM
digger52
Junior User
Just the opposite for me - the wife had a 95 bronco and drove it for 9 years looked as good as the day we got it, problem was 150,000 plus miles , also ran as good. I have a 03 350 PSD and finally talked her in to a 150 crew lariat , she loves it but hardly ever lets me drive it. In a few years I'm going to kick myself for ever getting rid of that Bronco.

Old 03-26-2005, 01:55 PM
TRITON-ic
Senior User
Give her, her car back. Problem solved?

Old 03-28-2005, 12:09 AM
g_kramlich
New User
ALWAYS ASK FIRST, "ARE YOU OK?"..............

A couple of weekends ago, I took a road trip in our familiy car and left my pregnant wife with the truck for the weekend.

On the way back, she calls me up on the cell and the first thing she says is, "I love you."

"Yeah, I love you too, honey. I'm about five miles out and will be home in a second."

She says again, "I love you." Now I'm getting suspicious. She goes on to explain that she got a pregnancy craving for a Burger King chicken sandwich, and while maneuvering through the drive-thru, scapes one of those yellow concrete pilons on the back panel, right in front of the rear tire. She, being from Europe, is used to micro-cars that while small, do not turn so easily. My 04 Super Cab turns so much sharper than what she is used to with our other car.

"Are you OK?" (Always ask this first, then ask about the truck). She reassures me it is 'not that bad'.

When it is all done, the yellow paint buffed out, and the remaining scrapes are significant but fixable. While I couldn't think of anything nice to say about the whole thing, I did earn a couple points with the spouse for not going beserk.

It's a truck. If you ain't driving it like one, you're missing out on alotta fun.

Old 03-28-2005, 09:18 AM
exiled
Posting Guru
man i really have it made my wife has her own 04 fx4scab so there is no problems. i tried to get her to take my 05 and i take her 04 but nope she loves her truck and i'm happy now only if i could teach her how to change the oil lol...