Sponsored by:

Need parts?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2005, 08:15 PM
JBronco
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Need parts?

Although I have lived in my town going on four years, I never checked out the one salvage yard that is close by. I pretty much quit going to any boneyards when they stopped letting you go back walk around and look for, and pull, your own parts. But today I drove by it, it's in the boonies, and looked at it. It turns out that it is a U-pick lot, and there is no charge to go in. Furthermore, it was FULL of trucks! All sorts of trucks. The first glance I took I already saw a Bronco. And this yard is not well known and basically not near any cities or civilization in general, so it is not totally picked over. The trucks look pretty nice too, they look like they have lots of parts and are not all completely wasted. I'm gonna go back tomorrow with my junkyard clothes on and look around.

Anybody need anything specific that I should look for? I don't really need anything for my truck except a couple of the gauges from the cluster so I am going to look for an instrument cluster. But when they let you look around it's good because you see things that you weren't looking for specifically but realize that you could use. And maybe I will score big and get an overhead console or something really cool, or even that drop in tray that I am looking for, for the console.

Old 03-09-2005, 09:32 PM
96Broncowner
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Almost to dumb to ask for

This sounds really nitpicky but I am looking for the black flip up cover that covers the extra cig lighter that is next to the ash tray. I think is says Aux power or something like that. Not essential by any means but mine was missing when I got it. Maybe you will really strike it rich and find the coveted cargo cover. Good luck

Old 03-09-2005, 09:44 PM
JBronco
Postmaster
Sure thing, I will look. And I did think about the cargo cover too. I'm not sure if I even want one, but if I see one I will definitely buy it and if I don't like it, off to eBay it will go.

Old 03-10-2005, 03:33 PM
3broncocrazy
Postmaster
96 EB leather passenger side armrest bracket and all - if you have it off and in your hand, they might sell it to you without the seat I've been looking for just a bronco........rare in these parts at the yards. If you are looking inside the pickups, let me know if they have armrest like the bronco, I can not seem to find that answer either........this might help me in my search.

Thanks and good luck,

Old 03-10-2005, 07:38 PM
Grogtronics
Senior User
How much would they get for a BW 1356 transfercase?

Old 03-11-2005, 08:49 AM
kaised
Senior User
Maybe if you find an extra overhead console...

Old 03-11-2005, 10:31 PM
JBronco
Postmaster
I haven't been able to go yet. Either tomorrow or next week, they are open only Wednesday-Saturday. I will take a list of what people wanted me to look for with me.

Old 03-15-2005, 07:34 PM
JBronco
Postmaster
I plan to go tomorrow, Wednesday 3/16. I drove by it again on Sunday, while it was closed. I saw a sign that said that it was just opened. So I think that it's been there for a while, but it was not open, or not a U-Pick. No wonder I never really heard of it. This would explain all of the relatively clean looking trucks in there that do not appear to be picked over at all. So far I have seen two Broncos in there, but I was not able to see much of what is there. I also saw a nice looking K5 Blazer, it looked almost like something that you would see on the street. Not that we care about a Blazer, but how many yards do you come across that have clean looking Broncos and Blazers and other trucks in it? Usually they are about totalled or have been picked clean of just about anything that you might need.

Old 03-17-2005, 05:08 PM
JBronco
Postmaster
I went today. I scored a perfect grey driver's side door panel to replace my cracked on, for $10. Then I bought 2 each of the gauge sets for the instrument cluster, and 2 of what I think are the instrument panel voltage regulators. He charged me another ten spot for that. I got two of each so I will have extra parts, you can't count on used electrical stuff to be any better than what you have, but hopefully they are.

As far as your requests, I could not fill any of them. But they are bringing in more vehicles from a second, fenced in lot that is next to this one. They are new so all of the vehicles are not in there yet. There were only two Broncos in there today but I saw more in the other area where they are bringing vehicles from.

As for the Borg/Warner transfer case, the guy said that transfer cases are all $100. The two Broncos that I saw, one was an 89 automatic and one was year unknown but it's of the 87-91 model and was a stick shift. The t-cases seemed to be there, but I don't know what kind they are or how to tell. I will be going back whenever I see new Broncos in there. There were not many F150's to choose from either, for parts.

I saw a lot more K5 Blazers and Jimmys and Chevy trucks there than Ford. You can make what you will about that.

Last edited by JBronco; 03-17-2005 at 05:29 PM.
Old 03-17-2005, 09:21 PM
Grogtronics
Senior User
Thanks for the update and the time you spent looking for those of us gear heads.

P.S. From the sounds of it I hope you enjoy your "big boys candy store" I wouldnt mind spending an afternoon browsing around that yard I might not have a whole lot of money left but I would probably have a whole bunch of projects to mess with.

Oh the agony!

Anyone up for a road trip??? LOL

Old 03-18-2005, 10:52 AM
3broncocrazy
Postmaster
Dang what a road trip.........I would look more into the K5s, as i need major parts for mine(yeah what can i say) however what a trip for chevy parts........Broncos/blazers/jimmys are a rare find around here in the yards as well.

Thanks

Old 03-18-2005, 06:14 PM
JBronco
Postmaster
Originally Posted by 3broncocrazy
Dang what a road trip.........I would look more into the K5s, as i need major parts for mine(yeah what can i say) however what a trip for chevy parts........Broncos/blazers/jimmys are a rare find around here in the yards as well.

Thanks
There were some real nice Chevy and GMC trucks there, some of them looked like they could even be driven on the street, but they probably have a bad motor or something. It might be worth a road trip for a Blazer/Jimmy guy - as it is now, it is not really worth a road trip for a Bronco guy but it certainly works for me. I'll snap a couple of pics with my phone camera next time and post them in my gallery.

Old 03-19-2005, 06:17 AM
esoteric781
New User
Couple of things I could REALLY use some help finding would be the outer spare tire rack, just the whole outer swinging part (clamp broke that holds it to the brace on the actual tailgate) and also the interior tailgate access panel, any color will do, I'm desperate at this point. If by any godly means there are options, I've got the light blue interior on my 93 Full Size Bronco XLT. Thanks brother, I owe you HUGE if you can find these parts!!!!

Old 03-19-2005, 09:37 AM
MinnManBroncoFan
Senior User
The land of no salt has the best junkyards.
One of my favorite pastimes junkyard hunting.
Pulled a 62 falcon convert out of a junkyard in CO. for my dad.
He redid the car came out great.
I cant imanage how much crap I would have laying around if I lived there.

Old 03-19-2005, 12:21 PM
JBronco
Postmaster
Originally Posted by esoteric781
Couple of things I could REALLY use some help finding would be the outer spare tire rack, just the whole outer swinging part (clamp broke that holds it to the brace on the actual tailgate) and also the interior tailgate access panel, any color will do, I'm desperate at this point. If by any godly means there are options, I've got the light blue interior on my 93 Full Size Bronco XLT. Thanks brother, I owe you HUGE if you can find these parts!!!!
If I recall. both of the Broncos there had the outside spare tire racks. I remember looking at one of the tailgates, it was almost mint and had very tiny touch of rust at the bottom and it had the rack. The other one had the rack and a rust-free tailgate but the tailgate had some damage on one of the corners. Too bad for that. But there is at least one good spare tire rack there.
I didn't look but I would imagine that the access panels would still be there.

Last edited by JBronco; 03-19-2005 at 12:23 PM.