General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

What do you guys think??

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2001, 04:31 PM
AZ4x4f150
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What do you guys think??

I have been looking for what seems like forever now for a clean mid to late 70's Jaguar body or a Mercedes 200sl body I don't care if the engine is blown that is actually what I want. Well on Saturday this past weekend I went to a Christmas party with my wife at one og her co-workers homes. I knew this guy worked on alot of cars even though he is a chevy person but i won't hold that againest him to much. but anyway he has a 79 Jag sitting in his driveway and I know my wife absolutely Loves Jags. i asked him what he was doing with the Jag he said he is going to sell it he did a chevy conversion to it already and it has a brand new built 350 in it and trans but the wiring harness needs to be finished and the Jag uses fibre optics for their gauges. Which the gauge problem I just think some VDO or Stuart Warners would do the job just fine the interior is mint all cloth leather and wood and the body is in perfect condition. I asked him how much he wants for it and he told me he just wants to break even on it. i said that doesn't tell me how much he walked in to the house and asked his wife and returned to me saying he wants only $1000.00
Instantly I'm thinking MERRY CHRISTMAS for my wife. What do you guys think of this deal ??

Old 12-10-2001, 07:29 PM
Pmpmrderrr
Freshman User
What do you guys think??

It is simple Ford is the best.

Sounds a little fishy to me... 1,000 for a 79 jag in good condition after he just put a brand new 350 in it??
Sounds a little funny to me but look into it.
Hehh wouldn't want to buy it than get home close the car door go open the passanger side the door falls off u step in side to grab your bag and u fall through the floor. Yah I got a little imagination but just check it out completely before closing the deal

Old 12-11-2001, 07:21 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
What do you guys think??

I have toyed with the idea of a Mercedes 250D with a 454 Chevy drivetrain in the past...

HEY! NO FOOD FIGHTS IN HERE!!! Put that stuff down...

Seriously - If the body is in good shape, and the frame looks good, the interior, etc...

Then there is really only one voice you need to listen to. Yours, from deep inside. You know what you want, when are you going to go for it?

Almost anything is possible if you have a good frame and body. Everything else is changeable. It's like Ben Franklin put it - How much is the whistle worth to you?

I should know, I have only to look out in the back parking lot and I will find a truck project that I myself am devoted to.

~Wolf

Old 12-12-2001, 01:24 PM
rocky
Elder User
What do you guys think??

Sounds like the guy just got tired of messing with it, I'm getting the same response from a car I'm selling, (too cheap)maybe I should up the price LOL. If the title is good, I'd go for it, those conversions are sweet.

Old 12-12-2001, 07:49 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
What do you guys think??