2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seat Covers

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2005, 12:52 PM
aquaman2001
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wet Okole is in southern cali. I am sure you can stop by and see them as they say if you order you can come by and they will install for free.

Old 03-06-2005, 01:29 PM
ChrisAdams
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You know, I never noticed they were off the 55. Thought they were only in the islands. Funny, I bought my truck about five miles from them, and on their site, they have half a dozen pics of trucks from the dealership I used.

Guess I'll stop by there next time I'm in Orange county.
Chris

Old 03-07-2005, 09:28 AM
lardman
Elder User
I just got my rear covers (fronts are back ordered), pictures are in my gallery.. They're pretty nice for the price. They are about 3/16" thick neoprene. The rear seat back attaches with hook/loop (velcro) to the side of the seat and I attached to the "carpeted" trim panel along the bottom of the window. The bottoms attach with 1" wide nylon straps and clips. Only 2 issues: the seat bottom straps run really close to the seat support when the seat is down. If you aren't careful, the strap will run over the seat support and the seat will not latch in the down position. Second, the manufacturer didn't take in to account the elastic strap the holds the seat belt recepticals in place on the 60 side, so I had a hard time with the install. Ended up cutting off the elastic strap and everything fits great. Be really careful if you have to remove the elastic strap. My brother's seat wore through and he said once one thread was cut the entire seat unraveled.

Old 03-11-2005, 10:09 AM
lardman
Elder User
Fronts just arrived yesterday. I'll put them in over the weekend and try to post some pics in my gallery by Mon. I carpool with a coworker and he noticed my rear covers right away. Hi s comments: "Wow! That color (charcoal and black) looks great! What a good fit!"

Old 03-14-2005, 05:33 AM
lardman
Elder User
Won't use CAPTURE carpet cleaner on seats again

Well, I installed the front covers this weekend. Before the install, I used CAPTURE High traffic carpet cleaner (from sears) to clean the seats. Bottom line-don't bother using it. I shook it out of the can, it was like moist clumps of dust, scrubbed it in with the brush they give, and let it sit for 30 min. When I wetn to vaccuum it up, the moisture evaporated from the dust and any disturbance to the surface it sat on caused it to fly EVERYWHERE. I spent several minutes just trying to wipe down all the surfaces in my truck. After all that...the spots were not only still there, the white dust clung to them and made them more noticable.
As far as the seat covers go, everything installed pretty easy. I had to call for new headrest covers, as the ones they sent were falling apart-everything else was in good condition. The center console cover is one step away from being plain-old UNSIGHTLY, it and purdy don't got nuthin in common. It doesn't fit correctly around the lid or the button to release the console. Also, it is difficult to get the lid to latch because the neoprene wraps under the lid. I have it with the kids though. Once again, they did not consider the elastic straps holding the seat belt to the seat...I left them alone this time, didn't feel like fishing in between the seats for it. I have it with the kids though. Other than that the front and rear covers look and fit great. The seats are more comfortable now too. No pics yet, hope to take some when the headrests come in.

Old 03-14-2005, 04:47 PM
ChrisAdams
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Great post Lardman;
Thanks for the heads up on the Sears cleaner. Won't waste money trying it.
I've found that repeated attacks with my Hoover steam cleaner does about the best job of anything.

On the center compartment, that's the impression I've gotten from looking at pics in various galleries. They don't have anything that does a cosmetic job on our centers. Dang.
If anyone finds something, under a half a grand, that does look good, please post.

Chris

Old 03-14-2005, 06:48 PM
silver bullit
New User
Hey, has anyone ever tried Covercraft covers? They have a cover made that you can just slip it on when needed and take it off when you want - very user friendly! They are called seat savers, by Covercraft. Let us know how you like em if you try em out!

Old 03-15-2005, 05:33 AM
lardman
Elder User
I just noticed last night that my center compartment won't close because the material wraps around then they hem the edge, so you're looking at 3/8" of neoprene between the lid and the compartment. I removed the rubber bumpers and the foam pads from the lid and still no-go. I am going to call them today and see if there is something else they can do. The manufacturer sent the front seat covers with a packing slip so I am calling them direct

That capture wasn't cheap-I think it was over $10

Old 04-12-2005, 07:00 AM
lardman
Elder User
I am still waiting for my replacement headrest covers. The manufacturer is Caltrends in California. I called them every day for 3 weeks trying to get a hold of their "designer" to see what I could do to get the center console to close. The lady at Caltrends said I had to install the cover from the lid and wrap it around to the cup holders. Did that and now the cover looks worse and the velcro strap that secures to the lid isn't any where near the lid! Gotta have it though...until I can get the wife to stop passing chicken nuggets back to the kids Going to try shimming the latch with some wahsers.
If you can spend a little extra money...I don't recommend getting these covers. They'll serve their purpose for me...

Old 04-14-2005, 11:57 AM
lardman
Elder User
Just got my headrest covers yesterday...

Old 04-14-2005, 04:36 PM
Dazz
Senior User
Having put in approx 10 sets of seat covers over my years I learned a few tricks.

With my 40/20/40 seats, RCab I put the console in first. This allows easier installation and a neater fit rather than fighting the console after the seats are installed. Next to be installed is the bottom seats, which I install the back shirt tail first. This allows being able to work the tail of the seat cover under the upright back easier, then stretch to install the front. If you install the front first you have to fight the seat cover to get enough to poke under the upright back. A helpful all around tool is a thin, smooth surfaced, bladed stick, like a 1" paint stiring stick. Much better than a fat hand.

I use velco, preferably Industrial Grade available at most yardage cloth stores. the Industrial velcro costs approx $8.00 yd. I used less than 1/2 yard. But the velco does a nice job of holding the seat covers in an attractive position at the lower seat sides and around the center counsel. I also found that the elastic ties downs are not all in the right places. Therefore, I used a sail needle to add store bought elastic where it was most needed. The velcro plus the added elastic helps especially where my short wife has to slide in, then slide down and out; sliding both ways generally moves the seat covers. With the velcro and xtra elastic tie downs no seat cover movement happens.

My seat covers now appears as shop custom and I don't have to worry about refitting as they slide.

I chose Shear Comfort as my vendor. www.shearcomfort.com.

Old 04-14-2005, 08:13 PM
acooya
Freshman User
re seat covers

Hey Greg ...I am getting custom made ones for my '04..150...s'cab from my dealer here on Vancouver Island BC Canada...the cost is $150 cdn.. He says they fit like a glove and the only complaint is they are a job to put on. When I recieve them will let you know. Should be in a couple of days

Old 04-14-2005, 08:46 PM
kywildcat103
Freshman User
Originally Posted by 92merc
I thought there was a company out there called Kat Skinz or Cat Skins, or something like that. But I couldn't find them through the search engines. But from what I looked up awhile ago, it looked like they made good stuff.
You can find this company www.katzkin.com, had my cloth covers replaced with katzkin leather, looks like factory job. mine cost me under a thousand bucks.