Sponsored by:

Need help in Houston

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2005, 12:22 PM
sonex122
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Need help in Houston

Just joined and looking for a diesel Excursion. I'm in Atlanta and found one in Houston on ebay from Texas Direct Auto. It's a 2000 LTD with 125k miles. Pictures look great. Anyone dealt with these folks? It's tough to buy sight unseen. Any advice on what to ask? Great forums. Thanks , Lee

Old 02-16-2005, 12:57 PM
rcrupper
New User
I am in houston and just got rid of a 2001 Excursion 4x4 Diesel so i know quite a bit about the excursions and problem areas. If you need me to look i will try to help you out..

Let me know.
Rob

Old 02-16-2005, 01:35 PM
sonex122
New User
Thumbs up

That would be great! I'll try and get the details. I know it's located at 11315 W. Lttle York Rd. which appears to be near Loop Hwy 6 and Route 290 in northwestern Houston. My mom lives near Dairy Asford and Westheimer but she wouldn't be much help.

Old 02-16-2005, 01:41 PM
rcrupper
New User
Let me know and i'll try to help.

They seem to sell quite a bit on e-bay, but i dont personally know anything about them.

Rob

Old 02-16-2005, 02:21 PM
sonex122
New User
Rob, They said you could stop by anytime M-F 9-6, Sat. 9-12 by calling Ed Williams cell @ 281-914-7875. These hours could be tough as we all have to work for a living. If it works out it is a red, 2000 Excursion Limited with 125K miles. The ebay number is 4528373275. Why did you get rid of your 01' X. Thanks for your time and response.
Lee

Old 02-16-2005, 04:40 PM
Mil1ion
New User
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Please folks!

Please read the READ FIRST threads on this forum.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/s...d.php?t=300691

Old 02-16-2005, 04:57 PM
Rodslinger1
Senior User
Hey Mil1ion,

Honestly not trying to be smart here but I gathered by your response to these posts, that they had done something wrong in their posting. Just for my own curiosity what was it?

Thanks!

Old 02-16-2005, 06:18 PM
Toreador_Diesel
Retired Mod
Received 288 Likes on 148 Posts
Originally Posted by Rodslinger1
Hey Mil1ion,<O</O

Honestly not trying to be smart here but I gathered by your response to these posts, that they had done something wrong in their posting. Just for my own curiosity what was it?<O</O

Thanks!<O</O
Someone is trying to sell and/or purchase something on the forum. If I'm not mistaken, according to FTE guidelines, this is illegal. Since we don't have a forum for it, they more than likely don't want it going on. While I don't quite remember all the details behind it, it isn't a good idea. Read the thread posted by Mil1ion for more details. Thanks.

Old 02-16-2005, 07:20 PM
Mil1ion
New User
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
It's not a life or limb problem

But No, We don't allow regular Truck discussion in the Introduction forum.

We would hope people would read the READ FIRST: before posting threads before they post.

Problem is New users answer new users in there causing us to moderate them instead of just reading.

This thread could hasve also been placed in the Georgia chapter forum because he is talking about something local to him.

Old 02-16-2005, 07:34 PM
Rodslinger1
Senior User
Originally Posted by Toreador_Diesel
Someone is trying to sell and/or purchase something on the forum. If I'm not mistaken, according to FTE guidelines, this is illegal. Since we don't have a forum for it, they more than likely don't want it going on. While I don't quite remember all the details behind it, it isn't a good idea. Read the thread posted by Mil1ion for more details. Thanks.
But I did read Mil1ion’s post/link that's why I was curious. I didn't see where someone requesting help on purchasing a vehicle broke a covenant. I don’t want to make an issue of it at all and I’ll go back to my SuperDuty forum where I belong, it’s just the thread caught my eye (being I live in Houston) so I clicked on it. My curiosity was what made me question what he did wrong by requesting help on a purchase, nothing more. Anyway – Y’all take care.<O</O

Thanks! <O</O

Old 02-16-2005, 07:48 PM
Rodslinger1
Senior User
Originally Posted by Mil1ion
It's not a life or limb problem

But No, We don't allow regular Truck discussion in the Introduction forum.

We would hope people would read the READ FIRST: before posting threads before they post.

Problem is New users answer new users in there causing us to moderate them instead of just reading.

This thread could hasve also been placed in the Georgia chapter forum because he is talking about something local to him.
Understandable Mil1ion and I agree. I frequent a few boards and I have to admit – you’ll always find a “new” person respond to a “new” person’s thread, before they will an individual with 10K posts. Fact of life – the “NEWB” syndrome you can call it but a fact in the same. For the short time I’ve been on this board I’ve been extremely happy the way you mods have handled it, thus I keep coming back. ANYWAY – as I said – I was just curious and you guys were right, I just hope everyone remembers what it was like to be new and needing help.

Old 02-17-2005, 07:59 AM
sonex122
New User
I'm the culprit

Allright I'm the one that asked for help in buying the vehicle and I apologize for breaking the rules. I thought the purpose of the forums was to get to know other Ford enthusiasts, exchange ideas and in the process help one another. In this case I was wrong. I'm in Atlanta and found something in Houston and needed help there, not in Georgia but I gues I'm out of luck. I'm sure their are good reasons for this rule. I deal with the public and I'm always amazed at how many selfish, irresponsible people there are out there. I'll get my info some other way. Thanks

Old 02-17-2005, 08:53 AM
Capt Dan
Senior User
In reading this I didn't get that there was a problem with the content only where you started the thread. If you started it in the introduction forum then that is a no-no. It is in the excursion forum now, that should be ok, right?

They just moved it. Carry on.

Old 02-17-2005, 09:08 AM
sonex122
New User
Thanks. I appreciate your response. Lee

Old 02-18-2005, 08:35 AM
DavidHaile
Junior User
I did a lot of looking for the right Excursion a couple of years ago. Houston and Florida both had the best selection and prices. You are on the right track. I bet if you keep after it you'll find something in Florida which would be much easier to get. I don't have the same opinion as others on this subject, but I prefer to email a private seller quite a bit before making the purchase. I can get to know them a little bit. I also check the vehicle out via CarFax, checkout the address, etc. Do your homework and you'll be OK! I know there are honest used car dealers out there. They're about as common as honest politicians. I won't bore you with my stories, but I do have several.

Quick Reply: Need help in Houston