Indiana Chapter Join Chapter , Leader:

Computers and More!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2005, 05:23 PM
Atlanta STX
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Computers and More!!!

If there is anyone that needs a new computer or is having computer problems let me know and I can help for this is my hobby and job. Let me know if anyone has any questions or concerns.

Old 02-07-2005, 05:38 PM
Chris_ce
Posting Guru
Cool what a benefit for the Indiana Chapter.

OK my kids computer doesn't see a cd either in the rom or the burner and it doesn't show up in my computer under the hard drive icons. My little brother made a bootable cd and it doesn't see it either. He is not conected to the net so it is not a virius to my knowledge. As for my puter just built it last tax time so I'm good.
Snowfighter has a problem with his every other day it seems.
Lenny has a problem with his also he doesn't get to use it enough.

Old 02-07-2005, 06:14 PM
Atlanta STX
Junior User
well man it sounds like to me that either the cable is loose inside the case on the back of the cdrom drive or the cddrive may be either dying or dead. but if it was working earlier then it might be the cable on the back of the drive so just open the case and and take it off and put it right back on but if that does not help then you gots a bad drive. oh or the laser might be dirty so just use a cd laser cleaner that you can get from any store like wally world (wal-mart)

Old 02-07-2005, 06:38 PM
Chris_ce
Posting Guru
But what happened to the Icons in my computer. Also they work the lights come on and can hear them spin up but the computer doesn't see them.

Old 02-07-2005, 07:39 PM
SirHailstone
Elder User
This on ALL CD's or just burnt ones?

Burned CD's sounds like he's not finalising the CD in the burning software (Nero, Roxio, etc)

Is this on multiple drives on multiple PC's right? one bad CD - ok. But more than one in the same house? ummmm hmmm something is fishy in Denmark.

Old 02-07-2005, 07:51 PM
Chris_ce
Posting Guru
Only the kids computer has problems. It won't see any cd even store bought ones. I have always had a few problems with the cd burner in it a windows conflict but it always worked. The cd rom has always been reliable. But the puter is not seeing either of them now.

Old 02-08-2005, 09:14 AM
Atlanta STX
Junior User
Like I was saying check the cables on the back of the drives and on the motherboard. Make sure that they are on well. If the cables are on then check the bios and make sure the secondary contoller is not disabled. let me know what is going on -Nathan

Old 02-08-2005, 06:05 PM
Chris_ce
Posting Guru
I will just give me a little time.
Are you experienced in web site design? I started on my personnel site but I think the Indiana site will need to be a little more professional looking.
What I would like to see in an Indiana site would be a calender,maybe a project page, gallery, main page, and a page for links and tech articles written by us with pics. I don't know if we would need anything other than that or not.

Old 02-09-2005, 02:00 PM
Atlanta STX
Junior User
nope sorry man i just specialize in computers nothing with the web though i think you might want to ask the main squeez on the mustangevolution forum for he might be able to help you if not then i might have some friends in fishers that can help

Old 02-09-2005, 04:12 PM
nixer
Senior User
i too dabble with computers and i have done a couple of web sites but the biggest issue is who is going to host the site. i too will also help if someone has computer problems its not my job but im not a total rookie.

Old 02-09-2005, 04:20 PM
Chris_ce
Posting Guru
FTE will donate 50 meg of web space to any chapter that needs it:
All we have to do is ask for it.

Old 02-09-2005, 04:48 PM
Atlanta STX
Junior User
50 megs is not that much though well to me for i am a man of many harddrives for i rip a lot of music and movies and play lots of games

Old 02-09-2005, 06:38 PM
nixer
Senior User
50megs is fine for just text and stuff not real graphic but its better than nothing

Old 02-10-2005, 01:26 AM
Jesseburn
Freshman User
you could just host all the pictures off of Photobucket. So it wouldn't take to much space off the site. I know a guy that is real good at websites. He's worked with me for all my needs (My record label's website and all the bands signed to it) He's done awesome work. We still need a logo don't we? Shall we all gather logos and present them at the first meeting and vote on which one we would like to use? and then we could set the site up from there.

Old 02-15-2005, 08:51 AM
Atlanta STX
Junior User
Hey guys what is going on?? Well just updating this thread for I am getting ready to build another computer for myself which will be a lot more powerful than the one that i have now. so far i have made the choice of the computer case NZXT NEMESIS CASE and it will have a AMD 64 motherboard and processor probably a gig in ram and a large hard drive i will let yall know when i get things planned out!!!! btw check out the case on xoxide's website

Quick Reply: Computers and More!!!