Need help find the right sub

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2005, 03:54 PM
Shmuck
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need help find the right sub

Hey gang,

Have just installed a Pioneer head unit and looking into putting some thump into the truck. Looking at a box from Super Cab Subs that will fit under the back seats. Sweet set-up but the dimensions of the box demand a sub that will work with limited volume. I need a sub that will work with 0.7 cubic feet of volume and a mounting depth of 5.25 iches. As I have been out of the scene for some time now, does anyone have any suggestions where I can source the appropriate sub? I have found a Bostin Acoutstics that I think will do the job but I would like to see if there are other options available.

Thanks in advance.

Shmuck

P.S. Just in case it's relavent, I'm driving a 02 F150 Ext. Cab

Old 02-01-2005, 10:13 PM
photonv
Freshman User
shallow sub

I used a pioneer premier TS-SW124D It is a 12" sub, about 4" deep and all magnet. Not sure what min space is around 1 cu inch I think. Maybe they make a 10" Not sure.

Old 02-01-2005, 10:34 PM
2000silverbullet
Lead Driver
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Hey Shmuck (man I feel like i'm doggin' ya saying that, ha ha)

Do you have a link for that sub company? I'm running the q-logic center console for the ext. cab and am looking to get it under the seat. By the way, check out the JL Audio subs, they work great for limited space. I'm sure others will chime in with more mfg's but I've only had experience with my JL's (had them for 4 years now). That Q-logic enclosure I have has an internal volume of .65 cubic feet.

Old 02-03-2005, 05:24 AM
Shmuck
Senior User
Hey Silverbullet,

Don't worry about doggin' me. Can't explain how I go the nickname but it has stuck like baby **** to a blanket. The gang dogs me every chance they get, so I'm use it. No stress, it's all good!?!? LOL!

Anyhow, ironically I have been looking at JL's. Even wrote them to see what they recommend and to see if I can get them over here. Otherwise I have the Boston Aucoustics on stand-by and I have had a look at the Pioneers. Thing is, I do not know if the Pioneer's will work in the box I'm planning on getting.

Can't seem to post web links (if someone can explian why, please do!) so i will do it like this..... SuperCrewSound ....add some w's at the front and a period followed by c o m at the end. These are the guys I'm probably going to by the box off of. They have a variety of models, for a variety of sub sizes. I'm sure you'll like it.

Thanks for the replies.

Old 02-03-2005, 08:58 AM
2000silverbullet
Lead Driver
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
That's a hell of a nickname to get stuck with. haa haa.

Thanks for the link, looks like they don't have anything for my truck. Oh well. I think I'll end up making one myself and throwing in 2 new JL 10's, that is after I get my tools and crap out from underneath that back seat. Anyways, I can't vouch for the BA and Pioneer speakers, I've only ever had fosgate and jl's (for subs). I know Pioneer makes a great product though, I've used their decks for 12 years now and have had a great experience with every one of them. My latest is the AVIC-N1, great deck and has some great features.

I noticed you're over in Dubai. You stationed there?

Old 02-03-2005, 10:29 AM
Shmuck
Senior User
Ya I've had good success with Pioneer head units and their amp I use to run the subs with. Had JBL subs which were nice, but like I said, I've been out of the scene so fresh advise is always welcomed.

I'm surprised Super Crew Sound did not have something for you. I know they have boxes for the 250's. You sure you looked in the right place?

Got the reply from JL, they have 3 subs that will work for the truck. No I just have to see if the shop here has them or not.

As for me being in Dubai, ya I've been here for 3 years now. If you meant 'based' as in military, nope, I'm civil. Had a good offer that I couldn't refuse. Had my ups and downs but it looks like I'll be here for a few years yet. It's not the same as home, but it's fun.