Indiana Chapter Join Chapter , Leader:

Chapter meeting

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2005, 10:05 PM
Chris_ce
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chapter meeting

I was figuring on having a meet and greet in feb on either the 19th or 20th.
My brother knows of a 50's style drive in diner says has a big parking lot and plenty of seating. He said it was on the south side of Indy. I will find the name and can get directions by Monday. Let me know which day would be best and if you are planning on going.

Old 01-29-2005, 01:12 PM
Chris_ce
Posting Guru
Found out they are only open mon-sat right now. So looks like a saturday. Unless most cannot make it on sat. Then we would change to something else.
Do you guys have a prefered time?

Old 01-29-2005, 08:17 PM
holstein05
Junior User
Howdy

I vote for he north side of Indy.... but I reckon majority would have to rule on that. I'm new to the area, so I don't have a particular place in mind. Also, I've never been to a "meet", so don't know much about what goes on there. It would be pretty cool to see some trucks and learn about mods face to face. I'll be watching post to see what ya'll come up with.

Old 01-29-2005, 08:29 PM
Chris_ce
Posting Guru
None of us have been to a meet this will be the first one. As for note knowing what goes on in a meeting my either. I figured we would just wing it.

Old 01-30-2005, 12:24 AM
SirHailstone
Elder User
Originally Posted by Chris_ce
None of us have been to a meet this will be the first one. As for note knowing what goes on in a meeting my either. I figured we would just wing it.
Basically yes. Eat, tell stupid stories (or dirty jokes depending on the crowd), drool over trucks.

If we do a meet in the RSVP thread indicate if you're over/under 21 so we can decide if we want to go somewhere where adult beverages are served.

Old 01-30-2005, 08:49 AM
nixer
Senior User
figure out a weekend and that way we can figure out who all will be comming, so we will have an idea of how much space we are gonna need for ppl

Old 01-30-2005, 11:05 AM
Chris_ce
Posting Guru
figure out a weekend and that way we can figure out who all will be comming, so we will have an idea of how much space we are gonna need for ppl

I was thinking of Edwards Drive In 2126 s sherman drive. Only a couple of miles from I65.
Here is a mapquest link to where it's at.http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp...te=in&zipcode=
If someone knows of a place that is better like downtown that would be ok.
I am trying to get a place that is easy for every one. This place is 1.25 hours from where I'm at. Someone has a better idea post it up.

Last edited by Chris_ce; 01-30-2005 at 11:18 AM.
Old 02-01-2005, 06:09 PM
SirHailstone
Elder User

I was thinking of Edwards Drive In 2126 s sherman drive. Only a couple of miles from I65.
Here is a mapquest link to where it's at.http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?formtype=address&searchtype=address&countr y=US&addtohistory=&address=2126+s+sherman+dr&city= indianapolis+&state=in&zipcode=
If someone knows of a place that is better like downtown that would be ok.
I am trying to get a place that is easy for every one. This place is 1.25 hours from where I'm at. Someone has a better idea post it up.
Drive In's would be OK if it weren't for it being February. BRRRR!

If anyone wants to do a downtown thing, there's lots of places. Jillian's has food and recreation (and pool tables ) and they do serve "adult beverages" but you don't have to be 21 to enter. There's Champps in Circle Centre Mall, which is nice sit down place. Fast Food is within the Circle Centre mall, and Steak and Shake is on Illinois St.

We could meet somewhere and park our ca... I mean TRUCKS. There's surface parking available for those who have raised rides, and if we're lucky enough find a meter to park at (meters are free on weekends)

Old 02-01-2005, 06:57 PM
Chris_ce
Posting Guru
The way I understand the drive in is they also have indoor seating for 55 people.
I would like to meet somewhere we can all park together so we can check out the rides. How big is the steak and shake parking lot.

How many plan to attend???

Last edited by Chris_ce; 02-01-2005 at 07:41 PM.
Old 02-01-2005, 08:31 PM
Jesseburn
Freshman User
Better start a roll call thread.

Old 02-02-2005, 04:04 PM
ConnertuckyF150
Junior User
The only thing that'll stop me from making a Saturday or Sunday meeting is, whenever I have to go "play Army" for that weekend. Otherwise, I'm pretty much free on weekends. Lucky for me, if you're planning to meet later this month, is that it'll be after I've done "played Army" this coming weekend (5th & 6th).

Matt

Old 02-02-2005, 05:27 PM
SirHailstone
Elder User
The way I understand the drive in is they also have indoor seating for 55 people.
I would like to meet somewhere we can all park together so we can check out the rides. How big is the steak and shake parking lot.
The one downtown is just along a downtown street, no parking lot. All onstreet or parking garage.

Old 02-13-2005, 05:48 PM
Higgin
Senior User
Just so you guys know....I'm interested in comming to this meeting/joining the indiana chapter also. I live on the northwest side of Indy on 56th street. Anywhere in Indy is cool for me. I think the drive in would be the best idea. Would be nice to see others rides. Are you still planning on the 19th or 20th? No one ever really set a date for sure I don't think.

Also, on a side note....Do any of you guys have 4x4's that would be interested in a trip to the Badlands ORV park in Attica sometime this spring/summer? I've been a few times before and had tons of fun. I just have a pretty stock 98 ranger, but it surprisingly made it through a lot, altho there is stuff there for extreme trucks only. Just thought I'd throw that out and see if anyone is interested. I've been itchin to go off-road all winter.....

Old 02-13-2005, 06:09 PM
Chris_ce
Posting Guru
I will post a new topic about time and place.
There are a few that I know of that have 4x4's. I just joined a 4x4 club so I plan on playing a lot this summer. I don't think I would take my truck to the badlands but I am looking for a CJ or aYj jeep now. Something I'm not depending on to get to work.

Old 02-26-2005, 08:07 PM
parapup3
New User
Meet & Greet

If you ever plan a meet up at the Badlands in Attica let me know. I live about a mile from there in Attica. Thanks