1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Winter blues.....

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2005, 06:48 PM
56 Effie Aurea
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Even though it's generally cold and snowy hear in Michigan, I can't really complain. Winter is down time here on the farm...things are quieter and I don't have to drive in crap if I don't want to...although it's fun to take the 4x4 Expedition out when nothing else can get down the road .

My Effie has her own small heated building so it's always a pleasure to work on 'er this time of year. The major front end tear-down-for-detailing is coming along great and I'm expecting a ss firewall cover any day . That should be fun!
Norb

Old 01-11-2005, 08:40 PM
Earl
Postmaster
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by himmelberg
... Tomorrow it drops down again below 60... oh woe is me. Another 2 months of this could drive a guy crazy. ...
Peter,

Being from a "thermally challenged" state, all I can say is see my previous post photo. Now march right back out there and fix that carburetor!

Old 01-11-2005, 09:11 PM
big wind
Junior User
Its less than 20 degrees F here right now and goin to below 0 tonite. And I'm in the garage hard at it. My running boards and front and rear bumpers are now done. Currently have a chemically stripped tailgate, front fenders and front roll pan that I'm doing body work on. That metal sure is cold!!!!
ED

Old 01-12-2005, 07:53 AM
GreatNorthWoods
Lead Driver
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by svooom
It's driving to work everyday in the dark on the salt covered, sloppy, snowy roads. Working in a building with no windows, and then returning home at night, in the dark, on the same crummy roads that bums me out.
Brad
Brad,

Retirement should fix that!

Vern

Old 01-12-2005, 08:21 AM
svooom
Senior User
Originally Posted by GreatNorthWoods
Brad,

Retirement should fix that!

Vern
I'm working on that. All I need to do is win the lottery tonight and I'm there. It's not too much to ask for, is it?

Brad

Old 01-14-2005, 09:26 PM
laynrubber
Elder User
Well.......I'm here to tell you all, tonight the temp is -38 C with a slight, very slight breeze which drops the temp (wind chill) to feel like -52 FRIKKEN C.
Insurance man is giving me grief about my wood stove in the garage saying i won't be insured and i need a new $600 chimmney......soo, the wood stove will be removed and sold to finance some other source of heat. Any suggestions ???
As for the winter blues, well the temp has been like this since December 17th, when it does "warm up" to -20 C it feels great !! Bizarre Eh!
I have been driving my truck at these temps and i think it's warmer on my snowmobile !!
The shift lever was so stiff i thought it would break off. The windows never are clear, and the suspession doesn't exist. But after plugging it in for 5 hours it starts with just a clip of the key.
Yah.......I have the winter blues !!

Old 01-14-2005, 09:56 PM
sierraben
Post Fiend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
And I/m bitchin about 45 F(7 C). You can have the cold; I'll stick with quakes.

Old 01-14-2005, 10:04 PM
60'BigBlue
Senior User
well my blues are that my pick up got ditched up in the moutains and now a 150 dollars and a tow truck later and it's out but this thing was stuck bent up the bumper and bentthe front drive shaft but nutin serious.

Old 01-15-2005, 07:51 AM
nixer
Senior User
Insurance man is giving me grief about my wood stove in the garage saying i won't be insured and i need a new $600 chimmney......soo, the wood stove will be removed and sold to finance some other source of heat. Any suggestions ???

man if our insurance man told me that i would tell him to go pound sand all your stuff has to be is legal as far as the build codes go but i guess its different in canada

Old 01-15-2005, 01:04 PM
ratthell52
Senior User
We've been suffering thu sub zero high's for a few days now with a few more days more to come here in Yooperland. I can heat my garage but it just doesnt make sense unless its above +20! Going to Menards and the mall to pick up a few things and to keep from going camp crazy!!
Later... Randy

Old 01-15-2005, 01:36 PM
jvmcc
Laughing Gas
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My project's in a barn in central Vermont. Even if I had what it takes to go out and wrench on it in the winter months, the flourescent lights I strung up don't work too good when the temp falls below zero.

Old 01-15-2005, 02:53 PM
abe
One Meadow Green Owner

Received 2,610 Likes on 1,454 Posts
getting a spare steering gear box rebuilt. That way I can still drive the truck on nice days while this truck garage near me works on it. When it is rebuilt I'll drive the truck to his garage and have them put it in whlie I rebuild my steering wheel. Hopefully I will have the time to do the steering wheel and get it done while the new steering box is put in.

abe

Old 01-15-2005, 07:25 PM
54 gene
Senior User
I am retired as of Jan 1 2005 so between now and summer I hope to be done if I can bet the Buffalo snow and get to the garage.

Old 01-15-2005, 07:29 PM
big wind
Junior User
My phosphoric acid bath has now officially froze over!! I guess its time to sneak the parts in?!?!?!??!
Peace.
ED