Oil & Lubrication  

Motorkote Hyper-Lubricant vs. My Beloved Teflon ... anybody have experience with it?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2004, 12:55 AM
96er
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pardon my ignorance, but what does BITOG stand for? ... and I am flattered that you think that I would spend so much time pressing for a motor product on different sites. ... as if I had the time and desire. Seems like you might though.

It was interesting to see that there were other folks interested in MotorKote at that site. Some scoffed, as you would find most anywhere. Maybe they're the same guy(s) here using different user names.

Also, I don't see any "snake oil" conclusions that you speak of. In fact, where is the test results promised by the guy who said "We will test it"? All of a sudden, the thread ends inconclusively with:

MotorKote is showing potential (Timken). We will test it and Militec 1 again with many different oils both dino and syn. Will take a while though...s

Maybe the results were too disturbing. But the thread does end on a positive note regarding that product. Did you read the whole forum?

I see a few testimonies there that Motorkote worked well for them... oh, but they don't count. Only mockers count.

I am beginning to see how some of you think, at least in the lube forum. If somebody wants to share his experience with a new product, discredit him without proof, but claim you have proof.

No one has given conclusive proof that MotorKote is ineffective. Even the URL you posted has no evidence of what you say was conclusive. Give it up.

There is conjecture here by a few, and the embarassment that you can't identify geographic locales, or sources of friction and heat, or the nature of heat sinks, the fact that stock oil has additives (I'd run Castrol GTX straight, if I didn't see proof of some additive effectiveness for certain applications), the difference between someone's claim, observance, and fact, and how to answer an earnest query if anyone had experience with a product.

I found one insight almost promising on Bitog: Have a clue people: if you truly have used the product and have found it to be of benefit (and you're not a marketing stooge yourself), you'd do better with the utterly non-scientific, anecdotal, "I used it and my car seemed quieter and my oil leak stopped" than with copying and pasting long, prattling, crap from Product X's website.

Well, been here, tried that, doesn't work. Makes you wonder ...

btw - I'd like you to call Mr. Wey and tell him that he's either a liar or a fool.

Waste Management began using MOTORKOTE two years ago and is extremely satisfied. We found it greatly reduced differential failures. I've been involved with truck maintenance for 20 years; I'm very impressed with this product.
Anthony D. Wey
Division Vice President of Maintenance
Waste Management

While you're at it, sue these guys for fraud, and tell them you're a card carrying "President":

The service technicians at Goodyear Auto Service, Lansing Michigan, have serviced Tom Mossman's van, (1995 ford E-350, 351 5.8 liter, VIN 1FTJS34H9HA88275), do hereby certify the current mileage on this vehicle is, 1,121,454 miles. Service began January 1995 to present. An 8 oz. Bottle of MOTORKOTE has been added every 50,000 miles.
Kevin Wolfrom
Store Manager
Goodyear Auto Service Centers
Lansing, Michigan

Something you should all be aware of. The oil industry wants to sell oil, in great quantities, for profit. It has little interest in additives that will make you think their product is inadequate, even if their oil is pretty good.

So, you think there might be a few oil industry stooges sent to protect their interests by attacking anyone that says he's getting great results with an additive? Or could there be one guy posing as three? Hmmm, this gets interesting when you turn the tables on the attackers. No proof, no facts, no credibility.

See ya guys. It's been fun, but I'd rather be driving my Audi than riding some oil industry merry-go-round.

Old 09-30-2004, 01:09 AM
horsepuller
Post Fiend
Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts
No, you won't be seeing us anymore. Your posts smell like SPAM and you are in voilation of the FTE Posting Guidelines. Any more threads like this will result in loss of posting privilage.