Oil & Lubrication  

Motorkote

Old 10-08-2007, 05:03 AM
Ed
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Question Motorkote

Guys, check out this product. While I am not one for any type of additives, a friend of mine likes this product.

Watch the "ONLINE DEMO" and comments are welcome. What do you think?

http://www.motorkote.com/

Old 10-08-2007, 10:59 AM
blue beast
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Snake earl!!

Old 10-08-2007, 05:24 PM
horsepuller
Post Fiend
Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts
Huh? The only information the site gives about the product is what it does not contain. I think the main objective is to part you from your money. And a lot of it at that.

Old 10-08-2007, 06:30 PM
Ed
Posting Guru
Well, I doubt if they will give their trade secrets up, as to what it consists of. It's fully guaranteed, this was from their website:
Our Guarantee:
MOTORKOTE Hyper Lubricant is safe and effective, period.

MOTORKOTE Hyper Lubricant does NOT alter the SAE Rating of the base lubricant.

MOTORKOTE Hyper Lubricant does NOT contain Teflon, silicone, graphite, molybdenum, or any other harmful substrate chemicals.

MOTORKOTE Hyper Lubricant has NO long or short term corrosive effect on metal.

MOTORKOTE Hyper Lubricant does NOT void warranties and is environmentally friendly when used as directed.

Old 10-08-2007, 11:22 PM
Sport45
Fleet Mechanic
Received 202 Likes on 134 Posts
It's probably a jug of Havoline 30wt with a new label glued over the face. Could certainly make the same claims...

Old 10-11-2007, 06:25 PM
SixPak
Junior User

If you touch my Ol' Mans truck,
I'll dot your eye!

Old 10-11-2007, 11:32 PM
Sport45
Fleet Mechanic
Received 202 Likes on 134 Posts
Put that Ruger away! We wasn't planning to hurt anyone.

Old 10-12-2007, 06:40 PM
SixPak
Junior User

poppa, here comes that fella pedalin that snake oil agin.

you want I should chase him off??

Old 10-13-2007, 01:21 PM
blue beast
Posting Guru
Could just be baby oil (mineral oil) with coloring added. You could say I baby my truck with baby oil!! Even bleach is a lubricant some old truck used it in the rear end or something, I can't remember oldtimers disease sneakin up, it was a mix of chlorine basically and phosphur I think!!

Old 10-14-2007, 02:56 AM
Ed
Posting Guru
That Timken bearing stress test is a widely accepted procedure. I have seen it used on other tests where Motorcote was not even a part of the testing. The vast majority of oils have their products tested that way, in other words it's not some lame test someone came up with off the top of their head.

Old 03-13-2013, 06:06 AM
sammyslab
New User
Thumbs up I Use It! It Works!

Hi Ed. I've used MotorKote for several years now. Like you, I had seen the demo on the Timken bearing test and was convinced. Other additives like Prolong and whatever that one is that has Teflon have spent their time in court to be chastised by the govt over false claims. So far, this has not happened with MotorKote. They seem to be an up front company. If you listen to Cincy radio station; the owner of MotorKote makes regular appearances and offers good discounts on their products. Otherwise, they are healthily priced as are the rest.
I have a 2005 F250 Power Stroke Diesel with 30,800 miles. That's not many for a truck that is 8 years old but I've been using MotorKote since after the second oil change. I run synthetic oil in the truck plus a qt of MotorKote about every 3rd change. I change the oil at least once a year.
I ran it in my John Deere 4110 after break in and the RPM's picked by 50. It works!
Good luck!!

Old 03-14-2013, 01:30 AM
SpringerPop
Hotshot

Received 188 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by sammyslab
Hi Ed. I've used MotorKote for several years now. Like you, I had seen the demo on the Timken bearing test and was convinced. Other additives like Prolong and whatever that one is that has Teflon have spent their time in court to be chastised by the govt over false claims. So far, this has not happened with MotorKote. They seem to be an up front company. If you listen to Cincy radio station; the owner of MotorKote makes regular appearances and offers good discounts on their products. Otherwise, they are healthily priced as are the rest.
I have a 2005 F250 Power Stroke Diesel with 30,800 miles. That's not many for a truck that is 8 years old but I've been using MotorKote since after the second oil change. I run synthetic oil in the truck plus a qt of MotorKote about every 3rd change. I change the oil at least once a year.
I ran it in my John Deere 4110 after break in and the RPM's picked by 50. It works!
Good luck!!
Gee, another satisfied customer whose VERY FIRST POST "just happens" to be a supporting endorsement of some "proprietary-ingredient" oil additive.

If there were something really special in these snake oils, to gain a competitive edge ALL the major oil refiners would be clamoring to add this stuff to their oil, and at almost any cost!

They don't.

Wonder why?

C'mon, guys. We are smarter than that around here.

Pop

Old 03-14-2013, 09:40 AM
pawpaw
Received 73 Likes on 71 Posts
Another resurrection of an old thread. This stuff has been around for about 10 years or so & here is a link to a VOA that shows what was, or was not in it about two years ago, so who knows whats in it now, but then it was mostly mineral oils with about 4ppm boron & who knows what else, as it doesn't say it was tested to, or meets any lube spec!!!!
Motokote - Bob Is The Oil Guy

Old 03-14-2013, 05:24 PM
dkf
Hotshot
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
And I thought the Lucas UOA had a lot of zeros.

Old 03-14-2013, 06:40 PM
SpringerPop
Hotshot

Received 188 Likes on 112 Posts
Ya' see, guys, we ARE smarter than that around here!

Go peddle your stuff somewhere else that's more gullible.

Too bad they discontinued neg-repping, 'cause someone woulda' gone "red" if I coulda'!

Pop

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Motorkote