1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

YAY! A new transmission for my truck!

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2004, 05:33 PM
Sixoh
Elder User
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
YAY! A new transmission for my truck!

Boo...it's an original 3spd but I got rid of all my column shift stuff! I've decided that using a 4spd just because it's a floor shift is silly. It's still just a 3spd, but weighs 500#!

See why you never throw anything away?

Old 09-15-2004, 07:24 PM
mr4speedford
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is going behind the 351 in daisy? Or you saving this for the y-block? I just sent you an e-mail. -4speed

Old 09-17-2004, 11:31 PM
Glackowitz
Senior User
Shane, I had a stock 4 speed..I could have stuffed it in the box too. it was a floor shift too.... JK, cool you got a new trans keeping daisy on the road...must be nice to be able to drive your truck

Glack

Old 09-18-2004, 08:51 AM
Sixoh
Elder User
Yeah, just what I needed, another boat anchor! I've got 2 4 speed T98s, the 3 speed (original to the truck), the rebuilt C6 I need to get rid of, and the Crap-o-matic in the truck now! NO NECESITO MAS STINKIN' TRANNYS!! AAAHHH!!!

Okay. I'm getting rid of one T98 w/e-brake on back of it. I'm going to give the 4spd to the school, hopefully sell the C6 back home (there's no way to sell that thing in central Kansas), and install the 3 speed when I'm ready to install my Y-block. That will be quite a while yet.

I just wish I hadn't thrown out my column shift and all its hardware thinking I'd be going with a 4 speed floor shift.

Old 09-18-2004, 09:28 AM
Glackowitz
Senior User
I have another column...with the column shift all there less the arm on the column...makes me wonder...why do I have column shift linkage with a floor shift trans??? crazy

glack

Old 09-18-2004, 09:41 AM
Sixoh
Elder User
Hey, I'll take it. Doea it have the forks to connect to the tranny too? Mine that I threw out was missing the forks and the column lever at the steering wheel anyway.

Is there any way to convert these side loaders to a floor shift?

Old 09-18-2004, 09:53 AM
Glackowitz
Senior User
all thats there is the shifter shaft on the column and the 2 arms above the steering box. there is no arm at the steering wheel just needs that and the little pin that holds it. Sorry there is no linkage or trans parts for it. it will be a few weeks before its off the truck, The motor is going this morning and then I need to clean the garage out completely so I can get more parts in there and start the new frame details...brake lines, paint it, polish it.....

Glack

Old 09-18-2004, 02:58 PM
Sixoh
Elder User
That's kool. I'll nose around out here for something and if I don't find anything and you get back to me then we'll talk about that. No prob. If I wind up with the '60 the school is selling, I think it's got all its linkage.

At that point, the incarnation that is currently the VooDoo Daisy will cease to be. Her spirit will go on in the next truck....!