Sponsored by: DP Tuner

injectors

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2004, 04:43 PM
bigpowerstroke
Tuned
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Question injectors

I have seen many dodge pickups with dr. performance packages on them. They say that they have had the injectors changed and that it provides more horsepower. Everyone of them I have seen has never had gauges or exhaust on the truck. They claim that with new high horsepower injectors that egt's are not going to climb. Does anyone know a little more about this?

Old 08-21-2004, 07:04 PM
bodabdan
Fleet Mechanic
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm no expert but it seems that bigger injectors would deliver more fuel. That would mean higher EGT and possible engine damage. Many people get lucky, but a broken engine could cost thousands. Gauges are cheap insurance. I have no mods on my truck yet, but gauges will be first. There are lots of ways to get more power, but without the gauges, you won't know until it's too late,

Old 08-21-2004, 08:20 PM
CAT_man_963
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yea I'm with Bodabdan on this one. As far as I know - any time you add more fuel - the EGT's become an issue. How do they KNOW that EGTs are not an issue if they don't even have gauges??

Old 08-21-2004, 10:37 PM
fordpower2003
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ya biggger injectors will definitely raise your egt's, but also if you like blacksmoke, those injectors will make it pour out jet black smoke.

Old 08-21-2004, 11:16 PM
Fire Rooster
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They will make your truck faster and burn up more fuel thats for sure. And more fuel without enough air means higher EGT's.

Fire Rooster

Old 08-21-2004, 11:30 PM
HeatStroked
Fleet Mechanic
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Well, if you want bigger injectors then you better make sure you have $$$$$$$ and at a minimum, forged rods.

Add some swamps, a high output HPOP and an H2 Turbo or Garrett BB, reprogram your tune and you're good to go.

Old 08-23-2004, 07:07 PM
bigpowerstroke
Tuned
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I agree, I just don't understand what they are meaning about the change of injectors and the egt's are not an issue

Old 08-23-2004, 08:30 PM
cookie88
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by bigpowerstroke
I agree, I just don't understand what they are meaning about the change of injectors and the egt's are not an issue
I'm guessing that they are probably just mimicing what Dr. P told them. Since they don't have gauges they obviously have no idea what their EGT's are doing, and so they must just be repeating the party line.

Given the low power output of a stock 12v, or early 24v Cummins, I would speculate that stage I or II injectors probably only brings their power output up around that of a stock PSD....so they may not have EGT issues, but without the telltale gauge to back them up, they're just talking smack.

Old 09-14-2004, 09:06 PM
freddyfast9
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I see a lot of guys worrying about EGT's as you should, I found 150-200 degrees of cooling power in my high flow manifolds I am pushing a ton of fuel through my truck and it used to get real hot now with these manifolds even pulling at the truck pulls I have never been over 1100 at the end of the pull they are expensive but one of the best investments to date www.paulshp.com