6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

Programmer Question Please Help

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2004, 07:41 PM
jdadamsjr
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by joe blow
I apologize. I don't want enemies. Anyway, I got to the bottom of it all. There is not one programmer available that does what I need. The only way to recalibrate ECM defaults for tire changes is to take it to the dealer. I am told that Superlift's Tru-Speed is more trouble than it's worth so I wino't buy it. I would like to know what you all think of the "Quadzilla" programmer. I need a programmer that is not traceable to FORD technicians. I am told the EDGE and the Quadzilla are untraceable. Any experience with these.....good or bad. They run about 700.00. Iam taking back the Superchips.
no hard feelings... just a few bruises and hurt eardrums

Depends on who you ask as far as traceability and performance !

Really, it does

I KNOW the predator is not traceable... first hand...
I KNOW any unit you have to plug into the motor and PCM may not be electronically traceable, but the physical connections may have some trace of scrapped or "cleaned" connections that show some tampering...

my personal experience was with the Quad modules of a long time ago when they were shifting like my 5 year old...
His shop is 20 minutes from me here in the Fort Worth area... and even got my exhaust from him...
His Dad is the BIG Insurance guy here in the metroplex that has been doing all kinds of racing things for a LONG time and I guess he set his suon up in that....
Understand their modules are much better, but.... ???
ALL of the modules when I chose the Predator were still having 2nd to 3rd shift issues at anything approaching more than a 100 HP increase...
the Predator is advertised as +100 HP AT THE REAR WHEELS and I can verify that it does give at least that !

I rarely have it in the 100 HP mode thoguh - chosing to run around in the +65Hp mode because it improves my fuealage while STILL making it VERY fast !

Good luck !