General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Dad got kicked out

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2004, 05:55 PM
wabiker
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
...I guessing that the crack is why he couldnt get/keep a job...if that were the case he probably couldve gotten his own place and/or payed her back.
he made a choice....of course it was the wrong choice...now he has to live with the cosequences....bye bye daddy

Old 07-21-2004, 07:15 PM
vcrisis311
Senior User
Interesting Gossip. MUST READ!!!!

hey guys im the one that posted the topic "dad kicked out". for who didnt read it, my dad got kicked out for smoking crack. well i talked to him today he is in a motel and is happy. he says this was the best for everyone. glad he didnt put me through guilt trip.
well anyways. my dads cousin is living with this girl in dallas. supposidly theres something wrong with her and she has checked her self into Timberlawn. this is a mental hospital. she is in the phsyc ward. well my dads cousin was visiting her and while he was there he seen someone there he would have never thought of seeing.

He saw Quincy Carter of the Dallas Cowboys "quarterback". he checked hisself into the phsyc ward around the same time she did. Dads cousin tried getting autograph but doctors ran him away. i dont think this has hit news yet and not sure if it will. but i bet that Quincy will not be quarterback next year.

Old 07-21-2004, 07:45 PM
jdadamsjr
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If true... too bad... he's a good kid that was just put under too much scrutiny....
and he LET himself assume too much of the blame....
sometimes you can only do so much !

That's why I always wondered why they fire basbeall managers when the players he has to work with can't hit .100 ??!!?!?

Old 07-21-2004, 07:52 PM
vcrisis311
Senior User
yea not sure if it really is true or not. but from experience my dad wouldnt tell me something like that if it wasnt true.
if true im sure i will hear about it in the news when football season starts.

Old 08-04-2004, 04:38 PM
vcrisis311
Senior User
update update update

today quincy carter was released from the dallas cowboys they say its drug related.
i believe being checked into rehab has something to do with it

Old 08-05-2004, 01:09 PM
rebocardo
Post Fiend
Well, I think you did the correct thing because there is a 3 year old child in the house and you have to worry about his safety and that of your sister. A crack head can not be trusted for anything, especially taking care of a child. It is not safe being around anyone doing drugs, so I would not feel guilty.

Old 08-05-2004, 01:28 PM
Married a Chevy Guy
Senior User
Originally Posted by rebocardo
Well, I think you did the correct thing because there is a 3 year old child in the house and you have to worry about his safety and that of your sister. A crack head can not be trusted for anything, especially taking care of a child. It is not safe being around anyone doing drugs, so I would not feel guilty.

I sooo agree. If he wants to kill himself slowly, that is up to him, but the 3 year old is not old enough to make that decision, and you need to watch out for him. You did the right thing.

Old 08-05-2004, 03:13 PM
Ghostgunn
Elder User
I hate to say it but your dad is a bum. Don't feel guity about anything - HE has chosen his route in life-- not you or anyone else. He is taking the easy way that satisfies his own happiness first. He has a skilled trade and he is choising crack instead. YOu and your sister are only helping him if you put up with his ways. He is going to either hit rock bottom and bounce up or stay there. YOU ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE NO MATTER WHAT HE CHOOSES!!! I wish you luck - simply if it is too much pressure stay the hell away from it. People who choose disfunctional lifestyles soon destroy others lifestyles aorund. Simply put You already had to lie for him when you caught him in a criminal act. I had a friend that was the number#1 person in his law school (one that is attended by most senators/heads of states / and presidents) He got on crack and lived in a abandon hotel wiht about a million cats- he is on his way to recovery right now- but he destroyed his life, and many aorund him to get there. Life sometimes is alittle too real, and damn disapointing. I wish you and your family good luck. Just tell your dad exactly how you all feel and tell him you do not want this in your life- and keep it out of your lives.