1983 - 2012 Ranger & B-Series All Ford Ranger and Mazda B-Series models

1987 Ranger troubles solved

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2004, 06:13 PM
thunderclease
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1987 Ranger troubles solved

I first visited this site awhile ago looking for answers for the fuel problems I was having with my dads ranger, I got the information I was looking for,
I showed up at my dads with the diagrams and evrything I needed and 20 mintues later my dad found a wire that wasent attached to the neg terminal on the battery and thats what it was so that solved that problem but then thier was a new problem was a new one, It ran rough it would barely idle and the hydralic fluid for the clutch blew so dad decided to leave it for another day

well he just called me a couple days ago and said he would give it to me
so I excepted and started working on it, This truck has a strange fitting or
hookup for the hydralic clutch at the master cyliner on the firewall, it rotted to pieces and looked like something that didnt need to be there anyways so I went to the junkyard found a master cylinder without this weird fitting, cut into the hard plastic line and took it home for $20 I connected my line from the transmission to the new master cylinder with a brass coupling, and oh man its hard filling the system back up, if you just fill the system up with everything connected your sure to get air that will stick around for a couple months anyways im guessing, took mine 2 hours, for the first while the pedal got sorta hard and the transmission would go into gear but wouldnt go anywhere another 40 minutes or so after it worked excellent, also the engine trouble was the main plug that plugs into the injectors it has 3 pins and 1 pin was pushed back out of the socket so I pushed it back in and it works good, I have never worked on many fords so I hope this helps somebody, This truck is a 1987 Ranger 2.9 V6 5 speed 4x4 with 189,518 miles on it

Old 06-15-2004, 05:14 AM
Rockledge
Post Fiend
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Thanks for the feeback. You sound like you've been busy!