General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Prom Dilemma

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2004, 12:19 AM
mustange70
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Prom Dilemma

Its my Senior prom this year and i'm pretty excited about it cause i have a good feeling that its gonna be a fun one. I'm also going to be able to take my pickup, which will be t he first time, and here lies my problem. When talking with one of my good female friends, she mentioned that she wouldn't like going in a truck and that my date probably wouldn't either because of the higher hight, her dress will get dirty easier. But I have lowered my truck and have installed buckets in it to, and as a result it is very very easy to get into with passengers really only having to bend their knees slightly and slide right in, basically its the same as a Windstar without the worry of banging your head on the roof and there's also more leg room. Now i really want to take my truck to prom (as its also the nicest vehicle we own too), so ladies espically what do you think?

Old 04-09-2004, 12:24 AM
Mil1ion
New User
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Oh come on Cody,
Go by a stepping stool for her then place it in the box until the next time you need it.
This way you get to hold her hand getting in & out of the truck.

Old 04-09-2004, 12:36 AM
peppy
Postmaster
For real...if she isnt into your truck, and you are...whos got the wrong date?
Really now...cant you borrow somones nice luxary car? A pickup does not often have a back seat.....like to put her coat and stuff in.

Last edited by peppy; 04-09-2004 at 12:39 AM.
Old 04-09-2004, 12:39 AM
Chugalug
Elder User
Why not run this by the girl involved? If she is not a truck lover she may not like it.

Old 04-09-2004, 12:49 AM
bigrigfixer
The Pacifier

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Uh, DUDE!!!

Stop thinking truck and start thinking LIMO.

There's not much better than sharing a limo with your closest buddies and their respective girls. Plus, you can drink as much as you can handle, since you won't be driving.

Old 04-09-2004, 12:58 AM
mustange70
Post Fiend
Dennis that is a very good idea, get to hold her hand for a good reason and get to drive a 350hp beast of a truck too.

But if you need a stepping stool to get into this truck you would have to be a midget or something (no offense but its pretty low). I guess you guys are right, i wish i could get a limo but the others don't want to (don't ask cause they be stubborn), we are double dating ans meeting another couple.

Last edited by mustange70; 04-09-2004 at 01:00 AM.
Old 04-09-2004, 02:41 AM
MEPR
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Man i drove my 82 to my senior prom. It was awsome i had just got it running right the day before so it was running on open headers. That and and helping the girl in and out is fun. My lady friend didnt think it would be fun either untill she saw the truck, then she thought it was awsome. Besideds it shows that your not trying too hard, which is a good thing

Last edited by MEPR; 04-09-2004 at 02:44 AM.
Old 04-09-2004, 07:52 AM
NH-Hottie
Postmaster
From my point of view, there isn't anything wrong with you taking your pickup to the prom. As long as it is somewhat nice, and not too high off the ground.
Now from another point of view. I've done seamstress work for the last few years, for prom season. And I don't know what the girls are wearing around where you live, but around here, it is next to nothing. Alot of very expensive bead work, low cut everywhere, some two pieces and all very tight. (There is going to be plenty of two sided tape being used) I think these girls would have a hard time getting in and out of any type of vehicle, let alone a pickup.
I also think the suggestion mentioned before, about asking her opinion on the matter, is a good idea. Good Luck!

Robin

Old 04-09-2004, 09:18 AM
rebel_ford4x4
Posting Guru
this year is my senior prom too, being that ive never even gone to a dance before in my life this will be interesting. im going with my girlfriend so itll be a good time though. i already told my girlfriend that my truck was nice but i admitted to it not being something to show up in at prom. and from what i hear we're going as a group and they talked about getting a limo, but its pretty expensive, like 75 bucks a person.

id just say borrow a nice car, you can drive your truck anytime. just make the girl happy.

Old 04-09-2004, 10:18 AM
1970f2504x4
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Another point your date brought up is dirt. Is your truck clean? Will she get her dress dirty if she rides in your truck? I know in my truck it has a tendancy to stay pretty dirty.. so wearing anything nice in it is out of the question.

During my high school prom (back in 1992!), I made the mistake of bringing my mom's station wagon (our crew of friends all took personal vehicles.. nobody wanted to go in on a limo). The station wagon blew a hose on the way there. We had to ditch the car in a parking lot and tend to it later (luckily we were all caravaning in a pack of cars). You'll want to make sure your truck is in tip top shape if you're gonna drive it. Best of luck and above all.. have a great time when you're there.

Old 04-09-2004, 11:03 AM
88'7.3F-250
Senior User
Hey, as long as your truck runs good, is clean, and not high up in the air, drive it and have fun! Thats the main thing, you want to have fun. (safley) I didn't have a date to either of my proms but I went any way and drove my pickup in my high heels and all. After the guys saw me get out of my truck they all wanted to hang around me. Their dates were a little ticked but I had a blast.

Old 04-09-2004, 01:42 PM
Chugalug
Elder User
One last thing before you go.
STAY SOBER!!! The law will be out looking for drunk teens and
a friend of mine lost his son and son's girlfriend in a wreck on prom nite.
His son was drunk. This was about 20 years ago.

Old 04-09-2004, 02:15 PM
1970f2504x4
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Chugalug
One last thing before you go.
STAY SOBER!!! The law will be out looking for drunk teens and
a friend of mine lost his son and son's girlfriend in a wreck on prom nite.
His son was drunk. This was about 20 years ago.
Agreed on this one!! Keep it safe

Old 04-09-2004, 02:23 PM
TxLimo
Senior User
This girl doesn't see any problem with going in your truck... Is the method of transportation going to make or break the evening?? IMO- anyone that puts that much stock in what their date is driving isn't worth the time and effort of taking to the prom anyway. I've been told by many guys that a girl that can play hard and doesnt mind getting dirty is more fun than one that is too afraid to do anything 'cause she might break a nail or mess up her hair.

Go find you a girl that drives a truck, will throw a ball cap on her head and go anywhere, and is more interested in hangin' with you than what your driving.

Old 04-09-2004, 02:44 PM
90ebbronc
Elder User
I say clean the truck and take it. Make it car show shine, even the door jams, and then go pick up your date and have a blast. I took a 1989 LTD with the 302 to my prom (in 98) and we had a blast. Its not what u drive, its how much fun you can have. Heck my best friend took his 76 chevy 4x4, 6 inch lift and 35 inch tires. Him and his date went mudding after prom. So just take your truck, and if she has a problem with the truck tell her to drive herself and youll meet her there .

Quick Reply: Prom Dilemma