Notices

Mr. Clean Autodry

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2004, 11:42 PM
equium
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the above talk about how long the filter (in mr clean) will last is correct. i purchased a whole house water softener for my last 2 homes and i did some extensive research. yes, soft water is best to clean anything. the filter in the mr. clean will not last forever. Home water softeners backflush their filters for cleaning almost every day. IMHO, all that mr.clean is doing is filtering out the hard water. if you have one of these, and want to know if the filter is still effective; take a water sample from it and have it tested for free at any pool supply store (i.e. leslie pools) they don't need to know why you need it tested.

Old 04-04-2004, 06:52 AM
BigAlVB
Senior User
FYI:
If you go to the website and can wait a few weeks, sign up and they'll send you two $5 off coupons. Makes it a better deal yet.

Old 04-04-2004, 07:40 AM
SHartman
Senior User
The replacement Mr Clean filter turns brown when it needs to be replaced. The one that comes in the kit doesn't change color

Old 04-04-2004, 08:35 PM
rdsxbaseball2000
New User
Yea it tells u to change it after 3 uses. It works great

Old 04-18-2004, 12:34 AM
Peter94
Postmaster
Got one, i like it

Old 04-18-2004, 02:33 PM
96explorereddieb
Senior User
I've had a chance to use it this past weekend. It's alright, for my standards. You can basically do the exact same thing if you let the hose running when you rinse the soap off, that will create a sheeting action, which will let the water dry without creating any watermarks. The Autodry actually gave me a whole lot more work because I had to take more time drying my truck (took me about 30 minutes to dry everything) than just spending a couple of minutes taking some of the water beads on the hood and the doors.

But what do I know...I'm a detailing nut.

Old 04-26-2004, 04:26 PM
subliminaldanger
Elder User
Used the autodry for the second time on my 2004 red 150 and Im going out and buying the filter and soap pack. I love it, takes me about 15 mins to wash it completly instead of what took me almost 90 mins when i did it by hand. I got 2 complete washing out of the fliter but I have real hard water and i go back over everything like twice. The soap basically acts like wax and keeps the water beading up even in flash flood rain.

Old 04-26-2004, 06:30 PM
chuckman
Senior User
used it a couple weeks ago. very nice, it actually cleaned my tonneau cover, which is remarkable. too bad it totally clogged and stained my sponge with dirt, but ill gladly refill this thing when needed.

Old 04-28-2004, 12:24 PM
nick88f150
Posting Guru
what do these replacement filters run? if id have to change em every 2-3 uses, i dont wanna be paying too much

Old 05-23-2004, 12:12 AM
theleetbeagle
Senior User
I purchased the Mr. Clean AutoDry system today for my black 2002 Ford Ranger and I have to say that it works flawlessly.

I will NEVER again dry my truck with a chamois or towel. Not only is it hard work (a literal sweat), but it has ALREADY scratched my paint straight to hell.

I washed my truck with the system on an 80F day, but in a garage. Drying was slow in the garage, but 100% completely spot-free. I moved the truck outside in direct 2:00pm sunlight to finish the drying and it was STILL 100% spot-free. My windshield has never been so clear!

I came home and performed the same operation on my Honda Shadow motorcycle. Normally takes me 30+ minutes to wash/dry the bike, but I was done in under 10 minutes with the AutoDry system. Dried the bike like a champion.

I filled the device with the starter soap (took 75% of the bottle) and was able to wash the Ranger and the Shadow without refilling.

The starter kit filter is indeed for "three uses" but I don't know what size of vehicle Mr. Clean is testing on.

Both refills are approx $10/each.

-Nick.

Old 05-23-2004, 03:00 PM
75Player
Senior User
I just tried it for the first time on my black F150. While there are noticeably fewer water spots, its not enough to make me jump up and down. I'm actually considering returning it cuz I still have to dry it, and you can get the same result by just letting the water run without a sprayer.

Old 05-23-2004, 06:42 PM
BigRedBronc
Senior User
Yup, bought the kit a while back and use it regularly. Works like a champ on my dark red Bronco and the wife's silver 'stang. Even in direct sunlight, not a spot to be seen. The first time I used it I was dissapointed, but then I figured out that I was not thorough enough with the filtered rinse. Tried it a second time, and have been blissfully using it ever since. Nice to see a product like this that isn't a gimmick for a change.

Old 05-24-2004, 10:15 AM
b2_tim
Senior User
Works as avertised

While I dont have a black F150, my Highland Green with metal flake is dark and very smooth. So I figured it would be a good test. Here in Central Indiana we have some of the hardest water I have ever seen. If you let it dry on glass you will always get a white spot. And those spots dont come off till the next rain and with lots of wiping. Im not kidding, on a bright day the glair is terrible through a spotted windshield.

Well I broke down and spent $18 hard earned dollars on the Mr. Clean. I followed the simple directions and was pleased with the results. I had no water spots on the windows and the truck looks great. I dont keep my truck spotless, kinda have better things to do, but I have to say using this tool you can wash your truck without a bucket, and get the whole job done in less than 1/2 the time. I found no faults with the tool. Give it a try if you like a clean truck but dont have a clue what clay baring your truck is, like me

Old 05-24-2004, 11:25 AM
PW01
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have a "whole house" water filter, so I wash my truck with filtered water anyway. I have been wondering if the Mr. Clean product would give me any added benefit, but haven't yet tried it. I do, and have for a couple of years, follow the "Broncobirdy Method" of drying with a gas leaf blower. It is fast, gets water out of seams and gaps, and really does cut down on spotting!

Old 05-25-2004, 03:30 AM
Big Dave
Senior User
Thumbs up

I bought one, and I too was very impressed with how well it worked. Especially on all the chrome on my engine. I did also figure out that it only works with the special soap that it comes with. I cleaned the engine compartment with regular dish soap and water but when I tried to rinse it off with the auto dry setting, it didn't work well at all. I basically washed it all again quickly with the auto dry soap and then it rinsed clean and the auto dry worked great. Before I always had to wipe the chrome dry then clean it all with Windex. No more, just wash and let dry with no streaks or spots.
I figure that the refils cost me about a buck fifty per wash for the soap and filters, but that is still way cheaper than the car wash at the gas station and it does a better job.

Quick Reply: Mr. Clean Autodry