Sponsored by: DP Tuner

I've been swamped!

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2004, 02:14 PM
Distinctive Dave
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've been swamped!

The swamps are in, just got back last night from there shop in TN. Of course nice guys who know what they are talking about. I even got a ride in Golfers truck with 350CC injectors. WOW! Thats all I have to say about that.

Ok my truck got 200CC single shots. With the chip it idles good, and only sounds little different at idle. I dont think its any louder at all over the spilt shots. The chip, BTS trans and the H2E match the swamps perfect. Im seeing 33-38 pounds of boost constant and maybe a spike of 40. Egts are in check right around 1200-1300 when im totally into it and thats running Fuel 7 program for single shots. The peddle is a little touchy on the highway and you either need to be on or off the throttle there is no in between. But when you lay on it at like 70, by the time you look up and then look down at your speedo your at 85-90. Its incredible the way the H2E spools with that amount of fuel. Upon take off there is a little lag, but just enough where on dry pavement you wont break the tires loose, but once it starts building boost, hold on. No fuel mileage reports yet, cause i have not filled up, but soon. Smoke on 30 or 76 mode on the chip is very little, Fuel 7 is a whole different story, ever seen 3 lanes of highway traffic disaapear? Thats about all i can think of right now, if you guys have any questions let me know.

Old 02-13-2004, 06:37 PM
Fordman4x4
Senior User
Sounds good Dave. Let us know how it goes after driving it more, and how the Swamps work out for ya. I'm Interested cuz I told myself I won't get that deep into it, but you know how it goes, once your start you can't stop.

Nelson

Old 02-13-2004, 09:32 PM
cookie88
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
That's sweet. I'll bet you're over 400 now, unless you believe Sheid's dyno. It would probably say something like 330.

What made you pick the 200's over the 235's? Also, did Johnathon burn the T/S program in house, or did bring it down with you?

Old 02-14-2004, 12:16 AM
Distinctive Dave
Senior User
Scheids dyno, lets not talk about that. Im sure im right around 400HP. No fuel mods and that might make a difference. They did burn the T/S chip in house. It sounds like they are able to burn a TS or Bills chip in house. They have both programs. The reason i went with 200cc and not bigger was:
1. Headgaskets, im pushing 38-40psi right now with 200cc
2. They said there could be an issue with the HPOP not being able to run 235cc injectors and i dont feel like spending 4-5K on a HPOP when they come out.
3. Also i didnt want to spend too much money, there is quite a difference between 200cc and 235cc because of the 530 parts and such.

Old 02-14-2004, 12:30 AM
cookie88
Hotshot
Great info, thanks.

Sounds like the 200's might be right up my alley as well. Who did you get the H2E through? I've already had my fill of compressor surge, and I'm not sure I have the patience to wait on the ballbearing GT-42.

Oh, if you don't mind, what's the $$ damage on the 200's?

Old 02-14-2004, 12:35 AM
Distinctive Dave
Senior User
Luckily I live about 45 mins from Hypermax. They are the ones that sell it. I did install the turbo myself. But you can see brian at brians truck shop, tell him i sent you. He sells/installs hypermax products. He will take care of you and is a great guy. The 200cc injectors are like $1500 plus install. I had them install them, but it really doesnt look that complicated. I do have an issue with a valve cover gasket leaking, i get to rip apart the truck tomorrow

Old 02-14-2004, 12:52 AM
cookie88
Hotshot
Yeah, I was thinking of Brian when I asked. Good guy, almost had me talked into converting to an auto.

I went way back and read your install thread on the H2E, dosen't sound too bad except for the up pipes, have you had any issues with the doughnuts? I remember some of the TDS boys talking about aluminium foil?

Read your TDS thread, bummer about the gasket. Hope it goes easy for you.

EDIT: I recalculated your HP from scheids, came up with 355.1. Sound about right? Mine came out with 330 on the low side and 347 on max burn.

Last edited by cookie88; 02-14-2004 at 12:56 AM.
Old 02-14-2004, 12:59 AM
Distinctive Dave
Senior User
Thats sounds good to me 355. Should put me about 400 now, cause these injectors add 50-70 RWHP.
If you do end up switching to an auto, you will not be disappointed, this truck with this much power...and it just goes thru the gears like nothing. Its awesome and kinda just wrong in a way.
The gasket is not a big deal, just a PITA. It could be worse, HPOP lines.

EDIT: NO issues with the doughnuts. Brian looked when we installed the trans and said it looks good.

Old 02-14-2004, 01:07 AM
cookie88
Hotshot
Probably past 400 since you are actually getting to use that big turbo now. I'd guess 420-430 Find a good single roller Dynojet 248c and you'll know for sure.

I had to have this truck shipped over from Memphis just to get the handshaker, I just like doing it myself too much to give it up. Of course that means I'll have to upgrade my clutch...again.

Thanks again for all the info. I gotta hit the rack, taking the 5 year old to a birthday party tomorrow.

Later,

Scott