Ford Employee Discounts

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2004, 11:53 PM
wantaford
Tuned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking Ford Employee Discounts

Does anyone know what plan the Ford corporate or manufacturing employee's get? I don't think it is your typical A - D -Z or X plan I think it is something much better. Any body know about this and what percentage they get off?

Old 01-26-2004, 08:21 AM
1956MarkII
Lead Driver
Top corporate brass get vehicles to drive, basically free of charge (although the 1099 form that comes along with it can smart). Other than that, every Ford Motor Co. employee pays A-Plan.

Old 01-26-2004, 11:30 AM
wantaford
Tuned
Smile A-Plan ???

Does anybody really know what kind of discount A-Plan gets? I have heard somewhere from 5 - 7% below invoice depending on the model.

I have access to the A-Plan and I am interested in getting a Ford Excursion 4x4 6.0L Diesel. I am trying to figure out if haggling with a dealer or using A-plan would get me a better deal.

Old 01-26-2004, 01:21 PM
1956MarkII
Lead Driver
A-Plan is so far below dealer cost that it's not funny. If you qualify for it, be eternally grateful and order your Excursion. I've got a 6.0 Excursion Limited on the lot right now. MSRP of $53400, invoice is $47244- and A-Plan is $45024. That's $2200 BELOW invoice, plus you'll get the rebates or 0% financing. I can't buy that Excursion for the A-Plan price, and I'm a dealer! There is no negotiating to a price below A-Plan, period.

Old 01-27-2004, 10:36 AM
wantaford
Tuned
Thanks for the info!

Old 01-27-2004, 06:13 PM
garyF150
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you're A-Plan eligible, ask your family sponsor to obtain a PIN for you. I think it's good for a year. A Plan buyers are entitled to receive a copy of the invoice for any vehicle they buy, and the A Plan price is printed on the invoice. Most dealers will show you the invoice if you have a PIN, even while you are shopping. If a dealer won't show you the invoice, find one that will. In either case, when the purchase is done, insist on a copy and check it over. If you were overcharged, have your family sponsor report it to Ford. They'll correct the issue. (You're on your own for any trade value assigned to your current vehicle, though). Also you pay no dealer prep or documentation fees. You do pay taxes, tag application fee, etc...actual costs. Ford pays the dealer. You will not beat A Plan price, though some dealers say they regularly sell at that. I've bought A Plan/Zplan for years. It's super. I know you're going to enjoy your new Ford truck. And remember - there are conditions to the A Plan and not all dealers participate. If you talk to a dealer who is not A plan friendly, walk away and find another one. There are Ford dealers everywhere. Almost all I've dealt with are great, but a few are not. Shop, shop, shop.

Old 01-29-2004, 11:32 AM
kfactor
Junior User
Is there any way to find out from Ford what charges do (and do not) apply to the A-plan. I have bought on the A-plan in the past and I think I may have been charged for dealer prep and advertising. I am looking a new F150 Screw 4x4 Lariat and I want to make sure I am not paying for things I shouldn't be.

Old 01-29-2004, 02:26 PM
wbarber_07458
Senior User

Originally posted by kfactor
Is there any way to find out from Ford what charges do (and do not) apply to the A-plan. I have bought on the A-plan in the past and I think I may have been charged for dealer prep and advertising. I am looking a new F150 Screw 4x4 Lariat and I want to make sure I am not paying for things I shouldn't be.
I think you do actually pay for advertising with the A-plan - just no doc fees or such. Can anyone confirm this?

Bill

Old 01-29-2004, 03:04 PM
1956MarkII
Lead Driver
Originally posted by wbarber_07458
I think you do actually pay for advertising with the A-plan - just no doc fees or such. Can anyone confirm this?

Bill
You'll pay whatever the amount is in the "A-Plan" box on the invoice; whether or not that includes advertising is immaterial. The price is the price. The only thing the dealer can add is applicable taxes and DMV fees- no documentation fees.

Old 02-05-2004, 12:28 PM
BleedsBlue
New User
With an A or Z plan you don't have to pay any dealer fees. I'm picking up my truck tonight and got it on Z plan and they only charged me Tax, Tag, $6.50 tire/battery disposal fee (standard in WPB, FL) the $395 dealer fee is waived. I get Z plan from my grandfather and without it I wouldn't be buying new.

Bill

Old 02-05-2004, 12:58 PM
1956MarkII
Lead Driver
Originally posted by BleedsBlue
...the $395 dealer fee is waived...
WHAT is a "$395 dealer fee?" Do you get rustproofing or something with that? Or is that a fee they just tack on? The only thing we can legally add in New York is a $20 documentation fee, for paperwork. And half of that goes to NYS for the title. Either New York is a very consumer-friendly state, or I work at one great dealership. We would NEVER add fees like that!!

Old 02-05-2004, 02:13 PM
BleedsBlue
New User
Originally posted by 1956MarkII
WHAT is a "$395 dealer fee?" Do you get rustproofing or something with that? Or is that a fee they just tack on? The only thing we can legally add in New York is a $20 documentation fee, for paperwork. And half of that goes to NYS for the title. Either New York is a very consumer-friendly state, or I work at one great dealership. We would NEVER add fees like that!!
They didn't explain it to me this time since it was waived but last time I recall they said it covered detailing, "assembling" (ie put center caps on, take plastic off of the sets, etc...) and some other miscelleous costs to them. To me it sounds like they are just trying to recoupe the free tank of fuel you get on a new car purchase and then some.

Bill

Old 02-05-2004, 03:10 PM
1956MarkII
Lead Driver
$395 0f pure profit, if you ask me. Full tank of gas, 2 sets of keys, prep, conditioning, wash and wax- these items are ALL re-imbursed by Ford. You should never have to pay for any of them.

Old 02-06-2004, 04:51 PM
BleedsBlue
New User
Originally posted by 1956MarkII
$395 0f pure profit, if you ask me. Full tank of gas, 2 sets of keys, prep, conditioning, wash and wax- these items are ALL re-imbursed by Ford. You should never have to pay for any of them.
I didn't know they got reibursement on that so your right it is pure profit. From what the sales lady told me the $395 is only excluded on the A or Z plan purchases but D or X plan purchases have to pay it unless the dealer chooses to forgo it.

Bill

Old 02-08-2004, 07:42 AM
SLO Bigdog
New User
Report it, the $395 fee is a dealer add on. D plan has the same pricing and conditions as the A plan. That dealer is charging it's own employees an add on fee not sanctioned by Ford.

Quick Reply: Ford Employee Discounts