General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Ryan50hrl

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2003, 10:35 PM
BigBlueBeast
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ryan50hrl

Ryan50hrl, i have a question, and please dont close this when you read it, why can we get a tad bit emotional about stuff in this forum without a moderator stepping in? I understand you guys stopping insults and stuff like that but its like we are walking on eggshells with our opinions or it will get a little heated and "oooo we have to shut this thread so people can express there opinion becuase we abuse our moderating power". Like i said, shutting down name calling is cool, but what are we without our strong opinions. And even if i reminded somebody this was a ford truck forum i was just trying to make your life easier becuase i know you have quite a load.

Respectfully,

Bigbluebeast

Old 12-28-2003, 10:56 PM
Ryan50hrl
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
exactly which post are you refering to? In the last month i may have closed one or two posts and deleted one or two. There is a clear set of guidlines listed at the top of this forum and as long as everyone follows them, i have no problem with the expression of opinions. There are a few things that will not be allowed in the pig pen, drug use forums, sexual references, vulgarity, or disregard for the forum rules. I do not close posts for any other reasons and i implore you to find a post in which i have.

Old 12-28-2003, 11:14 PM
BigBlueBeast
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
its the one about the debate if ford owns cummins or not

Old 12-28-2003, 11:29 PM
Ryan50hrl
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
well after sorting through the five pages of posts in that thread, over two pages were useless dribble that didn't belong there. Now after the incident yesterday i had to deal with useless posting i'm really not in any mood to deal with it again, less than 24 hours later. I guess it all comes down to one simple thing, follow the rules or the post will be closed. I spend close to two hours a day sorting through all the posts and dealing with those who can not follow those rules, now if i really didn't want to listen to self expression or whatever it is you feel i'm infringing upon by abusing my moderating powers i would just close every post that doesn't follow the rules. Besides, the pig pen isn't the place for discusion of cummins or psd diesel motors anyhow.