General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Ever seen a U.F.O. / unexplainable object?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2002, 09:24 PM
Kenny
Cargo Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi all,
The "Spook/spirit/ghost" thread inspired me to ask this. Has anyone ever seen what they thought was a U.F.O. or something strange in the sky that they couldn't explain?

I'm not saying this was a U.F.O., but I saw something 2 years ago that I just can't explain to this day.
I was hunting/camping on a remote lake in the state of Maine during November. one evening after dark, I walked down to the lake to fetch some water.
As I looked across the small lake toward Traveller mountain, I saw a very bright light that was way to big and bright to be a star. I quickly assumed it was a low flying airliner off in the distance, and I went about my business.
After filling the buckets, I took another look. The light seemed to not move at all. I figured that the plane was flying toward me head on. I brought the water back up to camp, and grabbed 2 more buckets to fill.
When I returned to the lake, the light was still there and seemed to be in the exact same spot! I called to my brother in law, who then joined me down at the lake. We watched the light stay in the same spot for almost 15 minutes while he tried to tell me it was a big airliner flying low, head on. I asked him "if it is flying that low, why hasn't it moved from that same spot, and why don't we hear it at all"? Just as he said "good question", the light moved slightly left, then right, and then quickly dropped straight down behind the mountain.
We both looked at each other and asked "what the hell was that"? To this day, I can't come up with a reasonable expaination. There is nothing but State Park, and wilderness beyond that mountain.

Old 07-10-2002, 09:52 PM
Bruin52
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

November of '99 I was sitting out in the desert out here in So.Cal. My position was to the South West of a small air field. There were numerous aircraft at the field. All military. We were doing a field exercise and my job was to provide air defense for the airfield as I am a Stinger Gunner. Late one night, my teammate and I were scanning the skies when we got a call over the radio. We were out there with five other teams surrounding this airfield. One of the teams radiod in and asked if any other teams had the same image on they're radar screens. I looked at mine and there was a large clutter of what would be "aircraft". One of the other Marines came on the radio and said jokingly, "it's a submarine", because the clutter actually looked like a submarine. Well, we called up to our section leader to ask if he had it on his screen also. He did, and called up higher to confirm. This object(s) was hovering at about 3km to my south west. About ten minutes after the spotting on the radars, two F/A-18 Hornets took off from the airfield. Once they got about 1km out, the hovering mass went from 3km to 10km and off our screen in about two seconds. Nobody ever identified the aircraft, the Hornets never spotted, and nobody heard anything. Don't believe a helicopter could move like that. Even the Ka-50 Hokum. And it sure wasn't a submarine. I just figure, if were here, why can't there be something out there.

Old 07-10-2002, 11:02 PM
theologian
Postmaster

I spend an amazing amount of time being in the wrong place to see anything.
Wm
'96 F450 White with Grey interior Crew Cab. Banks Turbo, Intercooler and Exhaust,
Power pack Chip, shift kit, Auxiliary transmission, electronic enhanced transmission control,
16 forward and 4 reverse ratios. 340hp 660ft lb 4 wheel drive, 4.10 gears, 12,ooo# winch

Old 07-11-2002, 12:39 AM
rocky
Elder User

Around 1978 three of us saw a UFO up close, and it scared us as it was low to the ground and moving fast. A few years later I saw it again, It was the B2 Stealth Bomber!

Old 07-11-2002, 06:06 AM
BrettCox
Senior User

I saw a mercury truck in AZ one time......What were they thinking?

Old 07-11-2002, 09:42 AM
truckertaz
Posting Guru

i saw somebody who admitted to liking chevy trucks!!!!
ewwww creappy!!!!!!

Old 07-11-2002, 09:45 AM
brienobrien
Elder User

I probably have, but then again, can't explain what I saw. Read any of the numerous books with regard to Roswell NM incident just after WW II. Jesse Marcal's book is a good start. I believe it is titled "UFO Incident" but I am not sure as I read it years ago. You can find it under his name in any card catalog. He was the officer in charge at the Army Air Corps base that investigated the incident out on Max Braswell's sheep ranch in Roswell. He issued the press release containing the true facts, but then had to retract the statements the next day, in order to keep his job. He claimed to have seen "alien pilots" and witnessed all of the events at the crash sight. He was sworn to secrecy and then had to publish the ridiculous report stating that the investigation was all about "weather balloons". Hmmmm, weather balloons indeed.
The Betty and Barney Hill story about abduction in the vicinity of Lincoln NH is a very interesing read as well. Mrs Hill drew a map of Beta Reticula 1 and Beta Riticula 2 many years before astronomers discovered these star systems. She claimed to have been shown the star systems on a map she could not understand but later reproduced it under hypnosis. She also explained "amniosynthesis", a medical proceedure she claims to have experienced during abduction. No problem, but this proceedure was unheard of when she described it. It is a standard medical proceedure today.
The Travis Walton story is another good read. It is a well documented incident. There was also an incident up in Maine, in the Allagash, or somewhere in Baxter State Forest. Some campers, a UFO, and lost time. I am not too familiar with that incident but saw something on TV about it. Forget the movies and read the books.
I just read this stuff and look at the evidence that supports the claims. The Roswell stuff is interesting because of the extent of government involvement. It smacks of coverup. It leaves you with the nagging question: "where is all of that debris today"? Like they say: "The truth is out there". Brien

Old 07-11-2002, 10:55 AM
Mil1ion
New User
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

When I was in Toronto first meeting Michelle's Parents. After leaving a Legion at a little after Midnight,I experienced this.

[link:www.pararesearchers.org/UFOs/windsor/windsor.html|I Witnessed This]

From whatI remember what was in the papers the next day,it was somewhere in the U.S. where it landed.

[font color=red]Dennis

FTE Adminstration
[/font]

http://www.clubfte.com/users/mil1ion/canada_flag_animated.gif

[link:www.clubfte.com/users/mil1ion/Mil1ion.html|My Website,"North Of The 49th"]

[link:www.ford-trucks.com/guidelines.html|Club FTE]
http://www.clubfte.com/users/mil1ion/Minimorleytruck.JPG
[font color=blue]78 F-150 429CJ,Silver,Explorer Pkg.
[/font]

Old 07-11-2002, 05:00 PM
Chuck P.
Elder User

Don't give it much thought, but I tell you true. When I was a kid, more years ago than I want to mention, one night out goofing around, rounded the corner of a school building and I saw something low to the ground, just hovering, black, roughly triangle shaped, although not straight side-more like bowed in on the sides, with different colored lights on the "tips". No kidding. This thing looked to be just above the two story building, ran back and got my friends, but by the time we got back, no more than a couple of seconds, it was gone. Now this was near a small airport so we would see small to medium sized planes all the time-it wasn't a plane. Never saw anything like it again until I was watching some show on UFO's some years back and there on the tube was a picture that was drawn by somebody that had seen one and it was exactly what I had seen that night!

Old 07-11-2002, 05:05 PM
Vampiro
Cargo Master

i've never seen a ufo before or anything like that. i really don't bother lookin for them either. ill rather look for spirits and spooks and stuff. way more fun

Old 07-11-2002, 09:58 PM
bosshoss
Elder User

Old 05-13-2008, 09:19 PM
TheNomad
Elder User
I know i'm a little late on this thread. But does any one know if the UFO hunters is coming back for a second season?? I love that shw

Old 05-13-2008, 09:43 PM
medhvac
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by TheNomad
I know i'm a little late on this thread. But does any one know if the UFO hunters is coming back for a second season?? I love that shw
WOW like 6 years late! I know this might sound wierd but i once saw a flying hot dog!

Old 05-13-2008, 11:26 PM
ididntdoit99
Elder User
I never saw a unidentified FLYING object.... but there is this dude/chick....... we've been trying to figure out what it is for months now....

Old 05-14-2008, 12:20 AM
preppypyro
FTE Legend
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
I love the unknown stuff like this

Quick Reply: Ever seen a U.F.O. / unexplainable object?