Computer Chips & Tuners  

Programmer for a 2K Navi with 32V Intech?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2003, 09:09 PM
FTE Herman
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Programmer for a 2K Navi with 32V Intech?

You can reference my other post in the Expy/Navi and Supercharger forums.

I've installed a Kenne Bell SC on my 2K Navi. I'm in for some transmission, fuel, spark, etc. tuning and I really, really don't like prospect of pulling my chip, making assumptions, sending it to KB, wait two weeks, get it back and try it out, only to have to do it over and over and over.

Is there a device that will allow me to download programming directly into my PCM. If so, where do I get it and how soon can I have it?

Old 12-01-2003, 09:10 PM
FTE Herman
Post Fiend
Gauges

Also, I need a recommendation for some high quality guages (I think they are 2") for fuel and vacuum/boost. They KB units are true pieces of *****.

Last edited by hkiefus; 12-01-2003 at 09:54 PM.
Old 12-02-2003, 09:45 PM
FTE Herman
Post Fiend
I thought we had vendors here?

Old 12-02-2003, 09:48 PM
AYoungblood
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well not VendorS, but a Vendor, the webmaster.

This, you could say is a sister site to motorhaven.com

Refer to him as Ken, hes very helpful.

Old 12-02-2003, 09:49 PM
FTE Herman
Post Fiend
Thank you, I'll peruse that site, see if I can learn what I need before I bother him directly.

Old 12-02-2003, 09:55 PM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Currently there isn't a programmer unit that will handle a supercharger for your system. The only way is with a chip. The Superchips Microtuner, while it supports the PCM, does not work with custom applications such as a supercharger. Diablo is working on one but it may be a while, they have a couple other tuners scheduled before it.

Old 12-02-2003, 09:58 PM
FTE Herman
Post Fiend
Really!?! I would have thought that if you can modify all of those parameters we could compensate for 6psi, but that's why we have experts like you.

Thank you very much for your advice. I suppose you will post here when and if anything becomes available.

Old 12-02-2003, 10:10 PM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
The Superchips Microtuner is a limited tool. It gives:

1. Premium fuel, no towing - max setting
2. Premium fuel tow program
3. 87 octane

Plus tire size changes, axle ratio changes, shift points and shift firmness. It does not give any spark timing or fuel delivery capabilities.

Diablo's Predator has those features. Currently it exists for GM gas applications, 2003 Ford Cobra and 1999-2003 Lightning. They do have one in the works for the full size Ford family pickups/SUVs, but they have a different product launch this coming week ahead of it.

There's a tool called the Tweecer that allows programming of Ford PCMs via a USB connect, but it requires some PCM programming knowledge and I don't believe they have a base template for your application yet. Sorry for the bad news... but there tools in the works.

We'll announce it at least a couple of days in advance of its release date. Based on what I've seen so far with the Cobra and Lightning Predators it'll be a hit. One of our customers purchased a 6lb boost pully and Lightning Predator for his Harley F-150. A 6lb Lightning boost pulley gives about 4lbs extra boost over the stock Harley F-150 boost levels. His weekend dyno results: 65 RWHP! That's above what a stock supercharged Harley F-150 gives. Not bad at all for bolt-ons.

Old 12-03-2003, 07:33 PM
FTE Herman
Post Fiend
It sounds like the Tweecer is just the thing for me. Sure, there is some learning involved but nothing would be better than to be able to dial in just what I want for the given conditions (we see 100 degree temperature variations where I live). I have all of the hardware necessary and unless you are telling me that something else is available I would be interested in trying it out.

Any idea where to find it? And oh yes, even though Diablo has something in the works for Frod P/U's and SUV's would it apply to my Navi? I don't think the Intech engine (catch code DZU3) was present in anything but a Navi.

Old 12-03-2003, 07:44 PM
FTE Herman
Post Fiend
Oh well, I found them but they do not support my PCM.

Old 12-03-2003, 07:52 PM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
It doesn't matter what the catch code is. So long as Diablo has a read for it (they do, and programs already) they can support it. You can have two exact F150s from the same year with completely different catch codes so the code itself really doesn't matter so long as Diablo puts it in the tuner.

The Tweecer is mainly used by racers, lots of guys with Mustangs who don't mind bit twiddling, its not simply a matter of changing the timing, etc. like you would with a handheld tuner, they give you a tool to change the switches, flags and parameters in the tune tables but you have to know what they actually do. An unexperienced person can cause real damage, or dogged performance with the wrong settings.

Old 12-03-2003, 08:34 PM
FTE Herman
Post Fiend
Even though I am a bit twiddler by trade I'm smart enough to know even with my experience that without the specific knowledge of the decomposition of the current tables I'm awaiting frustration at the least and damage at the worst. This seems to be what you are telling me gently.

I am graciously willing to give you my money and rely on your experience to tell me where to spend it.

I would hope that I have my choice of shift points (stock please) and we will be able to overcome, with relative ease, any issues with fuel delivery and timing and be able to have separate tunes for the changing temperatures (at least summer/winter).

If I understand you correctly, I will pay your organization to establish one or more 'programs' for me. These will come on a device that will permit me to download my stock programming and retain it. Then I will upload one of the programs you supply for me. Is this correct?

What type of information will you require from me in order to do the initial programming and how 'close' to perfect will the programming be? I suppose I'm in for a couple of dyno sessions and if I were in your area, I'd just drop it off, but I'm not.

I really would like to return the favor of this forum by patronizing your business but I also require that we are able to get this tuned in in less than a dozen or so FedEx exchanges.

Old 12-05-2003, 09:20 AM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
A dozen? No, we usually nail it close enough the first time on a supercharged application for you to get a dyno pull that includes air/fuel ratios. Once you have an a/f chart we readjust the ratios to be correct and you're on your way (get a 2nd dyno to verify)!

Old 12-10-2003, 07:33 PM
Bogn
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The New SCT tuner works quite well for what you want to do, and they cover about 98% of all avalible EEC IV and EEC V catchcodes. Its Expensive but it alot easier to use and you have complete control over the EEC.

Old 12-10-2003, 07:49 PM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
The SCMT does not support supercharged applications. If you're talking about the new Superchips Custom unfortunately its a dealer product, not an end user product. Shelling out a grand is typically out of reach for an end user. If shelling out that kind of money is an option you're better off with the Diablo Revolution, it has complete control (the SCT software doesn't, at least not yet) with about 600+ Ford EEC parameteres supported.

Quick Reply: Programmer for a 2K Navi with 32V Intech?