1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

dome light delay

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2002, 04:05 PM
Tony1790
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dome light delay

Old 01-09-2003, 07:16 PM
Mr truck
Freshman User
dome light delay

I`m installing a alarm on my 03 F250 SD 2WD 5.4l crew cab and i have a problem with the dome light timer. When i close the door and turn the alarm on,it thinks the door still open because the dome light still on and it will not really activate untill the dome light turns off. any advices anyone? by the way thank`s everyone for your support on the whine noise. Did not realize the whine was only whit wife on truck.

Old 01-09-2003, 09:49 PM
jamesg
Senior User
Post dome light delay

I don't know about your domelight problem. I don't like mine staying on either, but ya know. I want to install an alarm in my truck also. I was wondering what alarm you bought and how was the installation? Have not made up my mind yet on what kind to get.

Thanks

Jimmie

2003 F250SD SC SB 4X4 ESOF Sonic Blue Pearl/Silver

Old 01-09-2003, 09:53 PM
jetjock16
Posting Guru
dome light delay

yep same problem i my Clifford intelligaurd does not like to be armed while the darn dome light is still on, it cherps and bybasses that system, so once the light goes off it wont trip the alarm if it comes back on, its a raw deal, but you just have to wait 30 sec for it to go out, and it only time delay's on when you open and shut the door without starting the truck, so not alll to often, but often enough, please post if you find a good solution,
thanks
Rob.

Old 01-10-2003, 01:34 AM
Mizzou
Senior User
dome light delay

My dome light goes off as soon as I close my door. I have had some problems with my doors once or twice and just cleaned the sensor or at least where I think the sensors are in the door. I have an autostarter along with my alarm, so if the light stays on I just use that function then turn it right back off before the glow plugs get turned on very long. Just my two cents

Old 01-10-2003, 08:46 AM
Buckarcher
Posting Guru
dome light delay

I have the time delay on the dome light on my truck too, but no matter what, if you have the factory keyless entry, hit the lock button on the remote, the light will go off right away. For some reason, when you lock the doors with the remote, the timer times out immediately.
I know that may mean you would have to carry two remotes, but it's an easy way to get around that timer.

Old 01-10-2003, 08:58 AM
garymake
Senior User
dome light delay

Probably won't work, but if the light goes off when you lock it with the Ford supplied remote lock, I would try taking the remote from your alarm system and attempt to program the truck to use the signal from it (the procedure for programming the remote is in your owners manual).

For your convienence, here is the procedure listed in my manual:

----------------------------------------

To program the transmitters it is necessary to have all (maximum of four — original and/or new) of your remote transmitters available prior to beginning this procedure.

To program the transmitters yourself:

* Ensure the vehicle is unlocked.

² Place the key in the ignition and turn from LOCK to OFF
and cycle between OFF and ON eight times in rapid
succession (within 10 seconds)with the eighth turn ending in the
ON position. The doors will lock to confirm that programming
mode has been entered.

² Within 20 seconds, program a remote transmitter by pressing any
button on a transmitter. The doors will lock/unlock to confirm that
the remote transmitter has been programmed. (If more than 20 seconds
pass before pressing a remote transmitter button, the programming
mode will exit and the procedure will have to be repeated.)

² Repeat the previous step to program additional remote transmitters.
The doors will lock/unlock to confirm that each remote transmitter has
been programmed.

² When you have completed programming the remote transmitters, turn
the ignition to OFF or wait 20 seconds. Again the doors will
lock/unlock to confirm programming has been completed.

-------------------------------------------

I used this procedure to program My F250 to respond to the remotes I got with my Ranger and visa versa (its nice carrying just 1 remote for both).

Hope this helps - If you try it let us know.

Gary M.

White 2002 F250 SD, SC, SB, 4x4, 6.8L v10, 3.73LS, 4spd Auto, Reverse Aid Sensor, Class IV Hitch, Offroad Package, Manual Hubs, 40/20/40 Bench Seat, Towing Package, Camper Package, Lariat, Putco Locker Side Rails, Mud Flaps, K&N Filter, Vent Visors, Aluminum in-bed Tool Box (sits in the bed, dosn't hang over the bed rails), Vent Visors, CB radio w/102" SS Whip Antenna, Autolocks programmed off, Seatbelt Minder programmed off, Key in ignition sensor wire dosconnected...

White 2002 Ranger 4x2 3.0L V6 XLT 2 door supercab with the power group, auto, chrome wheels, mud flaps, body side molding, vent visors, Leonard cab high fiberglass camper shell, and the 60/40 bench seat as my daily driver

Old 01-10-2003, 11:06 AM
rmilchman
Elder User
dome light delay

I thought you could only program Ford transmitters, not from generic alarm companies (ex: Viper).

Old 01-10-2003, 11:44 AM
garymake
Senior User
dome light delay

I doubt it will work, but it doesn't cost anything to try...

Gary M.

White 2002 F250 SD, SC, SB, 4x4, 6.8L v10, 3.73LS, 4spd Auto, Reverse Aid Sensor, Class IV Hitch, Offroad Package, Manual Hubs, 40/20/40 Bench Seat, Towing Package, Camper Package, Lariat, Putco Locker Side Rails, Mud Flaps, K&N Filter, Vent Visors, Aluminum in-bed Tool Box (sits in the bed, dosn't hang over the bed rails), Vent Visors, CB radio w/102" SS Whip Antenna, Autolocks programmed off, Seatbelt Minder programmed off, Key in ignition sensor wire dosconnected...

White 2002 Ranger 4x2 3.0L V6 XLT 2 door supercab with the power group, auto, chrome wheels, mud flaps, body side molding, vent visors, Leonard cab high fiberglass camper shell, and the 60/40 bench seat as my daily driver

Old 01-10-2003, 01:22 PM
krane operator
Tuned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dome light delay

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 10-Jan-03 AT 02:33 PM (EST)]You may want to check on the type of Alarm you buy, there are some out there that incorporate that type of delay, being that most cars today have some type of delay on their lights. The one I installed on my truck is a K-9, and it has a 30 second delay before it starts to protect the doors. Or I think you can choose the options on the alarm by removing the small cover on the brain itself and following what the installation manual says..

my 2 centavos.

Old 01-10-2003, 03:17 PM
tankhead
Elder User
dome light delay

>I thought you could only program Ford transmitters, not from
>generic alarm companies (ex: Viper).

I had a Python Alarm (DEI same as Viper) installed and got two remotes that he programmed to replace the OEM ones. I have mine programmed for Passive locking. If you program it for Active locking it will turn out all lights and activate the alarm on the same push of the remote.

Old 01-10-2003, 07:02 PM
Mr truck
Freshman User
dome light delay

Thank`s for your advice guys,i`ll try it all . Mr truck.:-) :P :P :P :P :P