2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Ford pass changes - some bad

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2024, 10:25 AM
The Peddler
Tuned
Received 149 Likes on 74 Posts
I can still see OLM and TPMS in the app, but it takes a couple extra clicks.

Home > Service > Vehicle Health

Old 05-26-2024, 10:52 AM
the1adman
5th Wheeling
Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Bruce M.
Strange, I just went to the Ford dashboard website and the option to add service records is still available

https://login.ford.com/4566605f-43a7...age_code=en-US
I just tried it again and its there now. The site was using Spanish as default and Google was translating to English. I was able to hit the cancel button in Spanish before it disappeared this time. Not sure why Ford defaults to Spanish.

The following users liked this post:
Old 05-26-2024, 03:51 PM
HorizontalHunter
Tuned
Received 257 Likes on 170 Posts
Originally Posted by Bruce M.
Strange, I just went to the Ford dashboard website and the option to add service records is still available

https://login.ford.com/4566605f-43a7...age_code=en-US

Yes I found it. Thanks for posting as I didn’t know that it was there. It was it easy to do it the App.

Bob

Old 05-26-2024, 09:04 PM
edjunior
Cargo Master
Received 67 Likes on 47 Posts
Originally Posted by The Peddler
I can still see OLM and TPMS in the app, but it takes a couple extra clicks.

Home > Service > Vehicle Health

And my vehicle health still shows "Temporarily Unavailable".

Old 05-26-2024, 09:28 PM
Sport45
Fleet Mechanic
Received 224 Likes on 148 Posts
Mine says temporarily unavailable and does absolutely nothing when you try to click it. For me, going to ford.com on my phone is much more effective than the app for anything other than remotely making sure the doors are locked. I rarely start mine when I’m not sitting behind the wheel.

Old 05-27-2024, 09:43 AM
The Peddler
Tuned
Received 149 Likes on 74 Posts
Originally Posted by edjunior
And my vehicle health still shows "Temporarily Unavailable".
Have you tried rebooting your phone and/or uninstalling/reinstalling the app?

Old 05-27-2024, 10:38 AM
porthole
Cargo Master

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
I use the Fuelly app.
I can detail fuel (calculates mileage), maintenance and whatever on all or 'things, cars, trucks, boats, motorcycles, RV's and generators.

Old 05-27-2024, 01:47 PM
R00ster
Mountain Pass
Received 84 Likes on 42 Posts
I am just now seeing this. I have been a slow adapter to apps in general. I have always just kept a 3 ring binder and kept up with everything for many years now. When I bought my truck in 2021 I figured I needed to catch up and joins the app world. So with help from my daughter we got the Ford Pass loaded on my phone. It has not been bad and I have logged everything from oil changes filters to even windshield wiper blade replacement. Always tracking everything and taking pictures of my receipts etc. love that I could do that along with even remote starting the truck in cold winter before heading to check cows or work. Yesterday I had a battery failure while on farm so once I picked up the new battery and had it all hooked up I went to log it into the app. Well the app had updated and now I can no longer add my information. I can see my old entries but some of the attached receipts disappeared but at least the entry is still there. Don’t like the app for not allowing me to enter the maintenance I do. I guess maybe I can check out this fuelly app or go back to what has worked since the 80’s when I first started driving and that is a 3 ring binder. Maybe they will fix this. I will probably call when they open back up this week. Maybe they will listen who knows.

Old 05-27-2024, 02:20 PM
scottz99
Laughing Gas
Received 190 Likes on 120 Posts
When I go to "service history" I can see the services I have entered and the ones performed by a dealer, and I can make a new entry, but I do not see an option for uploading documents; either on the app or web version. I have never been able to upload documents; I just keep the paper version.

Old 05-27-2024, 02:44 PM
R00ster
Mountain Pass
Received 84 Likes on 42 Posts
Originally Posted by scottz99
When I go to "service history" I can see the services I have entered and the ones performed by a dealer, and I can make a new entry, but I do not see an option for uploading documents; either on the app or web version. I have never been able to upload documents; I just keep the paper version.
I can see mine as well. I just have no option to add a new owner entry. On the old versions I had the ability to take a picture of my receipt and have it attached to the entry. I am using an IPhone. I wonder if it’s a glitch and will be fixed. Might try re downloading the app sometime this week when I am closer to better service and see if that is the issue. I picked up oil and filter today and will be doing oil change this week just waiting on plug wires hopefully be in this week as well. Local shop didn’t have any in. Maybe by then this will all be remedied.

Old 05-27-2024, 02:47 PM
4wd6.7L
Lead Driver
Received 2,139 Likes on 1,606 Posts
Originally Posted by R00ster
I am using an IPhone. I wonder if it’s a glitch and will be fixed.
Not just an IPhone thing, same on Android.

Old 05-27-2024, 02:49 PM
speakerfritz
Hotshot
Received 1,075 Likes on 828 Posts
Originally Posted by R00ster
I am just now seeing this. I have been a slow adapter to apps in general. I have always just kept a 3 ring binder and kept up with everything for many years now. When I bought my truck in 2021 I figured I needed to catch up and joins the app world. So with help from my daughter we got the Ford Pass loaded on my phone. It has not been bad and I have logged everything from oil changes filters to even windshield wiper blade replacement. Always tracking everything and taking pictures of my receipts etc. love that I could do that along with even remote starting the truck in cold winter before heading to check cows or work. Yesterday I had a battery failure while on farm so once I picked up the new battery and had it all hooked up I went to log it into the app. Well the app had updated and now I can no longer add my information. I can see my old entries but some of the attached receipts disappeared but at least the entry is still there. Don’t like the app for not allowing me to enter the maintenance I do. I guess maybe I can check out this fuelly app or go back to what has worked since the 80’s when I first started driving and that is a 3 ring binder. Maybe they will fix this. I will probably call when they open back up this week. Maybe they will listen who knows.

go to Apple site and give the version 5 app a 1 star rating and provide comments about lost features..

Old 05-27-2024, 03:00 PM
scottz99
Laughing Gas
Received 190 Likes on 120 Posts
Interesting how everyone is having different experiences; great software Ford. I just checked again and my app (Android) has updated since yesterday. I can see the service history including previous owner entries, but can no longer make an entry on the app like I did before. At this point I can still make entries on the web site, wonder how long that will last. I have never been able to upload documents; either app or web. It is junk software; I'll just keep all my paper records; much more comfortable with that.

Old 05-27-2024, 09:06 PM
edjunior
Cargo Master
Received 67 Likes on 47 Posts
Originally Posted by The Peddler
Have you tried rebooting your phone and/or uninstalling/reinstalling the app?
Actually, I did not install the app. It just decided it needed updated, and did it itself. I never saw anything until I fired it up and saw the new app there. I have rebooted the phone a couple of times since then, and still nothing. Man, I hate it when an app sneaks an update without giving you a chance to say yay or nay, and even worse, no way to undo it. C'mon Ford...

Old 05-28-2024, 08:09 AM
5picker
Cross-Country
Received 66 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by edjunior
Actually, I did not install the app. It just decided it needed updated, and did it itself. I never saw anything until I fired it up and saw the new app there. I have rebooted the phone a couple of times since then, and still nothing. Man, I hate it when an app sneaks an update without giving you a chance to say yay or nay, and even worse, no way to undo it. C'mon Ford...
How could you not have installed the app?
I've never seen a stock phone come with the FordPass app pre loaded.

As far as updates... that's part of your phone settings, not Ford's fault.
If you have your apps set to auto update and don't like that, you need to change your settings.
I'm on Android and in the Play Store, it shows an app update is available but I have my app, auto updates turned off and choose when I want to update.
It may get to a point where the old app won't load and one would have no choice but to update but that's different than auto updating.

Quick Reply: Ford pass changes - some bad