Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2024, 12:01 AM
John in OkieLand
Fleet Mechanic
Received 536 Likes on 410 Posts
moving Utah to Oklahoma

Back in Utah again....
at my sister's home, packing packing packing,
my son came with me, we loaded up the Kubota BX25 tractor and he turned around and headed back for my house.

he has to be back to work on Monday....

it is cold here... brrrr.
don't know how long I will stay, hopefully we can get the bedroom stuff packed, into the trailers, and then I can make a run home, just to turn around and come back....

I have to close up the house, and hope the Attorney has the court's permission to sell the farm.

yesterday, he and my daughter made a long, slow trek, she drove the 99 Dodge flatbed pulling a horse trailer packed with clothes and some furniture.

he drove his white '02 Cummins pulling a Car Hauler with the Kubota RTV-1100C, love that thing, A/C and heat

Old 04-11-2024, 12:02 AM
John in OkieLand
Fleet Mechanic
why the Farm jack?
with the tractor on the trailer, I was unable to slide the pins out of the rear supports, had to jack the trailer up, slide the pins and lift the support up high.

Oh, the tractor had some Hidden straps on it. tee hee.

Old 04-11-2024, 10:03 AM
Rot Box 2
Tuned
Received 101 Likes on 66 Posts
Very nice I like seeing trucks workin’

Whereabouts in Utah? I’m up here near the Idaho border. It’s getting warmer—slowly—but warmer lol

Old 04-11-2024, 12:15 PM
uglypitbull
Tuned
Received 142 Likes on 101 Posts
It was 40 this morning....that's warm in the spring. It was 23 on Monday morning....haha, that was chilly
I'm over the snow covered mountains just West of where you are.

The following users liked this post:
Old 04-12-2024, 11:27 PM
John in OkieLand
Fleet Mechanic
Originally Posted by Rot Box 2
Very nice I like seeing trucks workin’

Whereabouts in Utah? I’m up here near the Idaho border. It’s getting warmer—slowly—but warmer lol
my sister's farm is 3 miles north of Cleveland, UT

20 acres, most Alfalfa... her husband has been declining for the last 3 years, and let others use his water right.... so the fields are dry dry dry.

we have a buyer who has farmed this land for the last 15 years, with the equipment that is here.

today, he ran a disc over the back 1/3rd which needs to be reseeded.
he is a tremendous help to us, requiting help to load furniture, fix the tractors and SxS.

maybe a year from now, we can laugh at all of the foibles we faced and dealt with.

the '99 Dodge 1 ton flatbed's starter quit the 1st night out, my son had my daughter hold the key in START and he hit the starter with a hammer, and she fired up,
the 5.9 Cummins was not shut down for another two days as they trekked across the country, sleeping in the trucks at Rest Stops, and wake up and go again.

once they made it to my house, I got in the '02 Dodge/Cummins and my son and I went back to the farm, he went home and lost the water pump in Limon, CO.... he had the tools, but not the pump, bought one at NAPA and changed it out in 1 hr 45 minutes....

that same truck, lost the Alternator at 282,000 miles on the 1st trip to my house, he had a spare in the truck, changed it out, and off they went again.

now, I am at the Farm staying until we get the rest of the stuff packed.
and my '02 Excursion has a flat tire?
ah carp, they found a wood stick in the sidewall, the local store in Price says there aren't any Michelin LTX Defender 285/75R-16 tires to be found anywhere....

I called my home store, Discount Tire in Collinsville, OK and they gave me number of their store in Spanish Forks, UT... which is 86 miles from me....
they have that tire in their warehouse, it will be in their store on Wednesday, and I will trek over there and get it replaced. "under warranty"

Old 04-13-2024, 08:22 AM
Rot Box 2
Tuned
Received 101 Likes on 66 Posts
Cleveland is a great place I love exploring the San Rafael Swell!

Recently I moved to Florida for a few years and then back to Utah with all my families belongings in an enclosed trailer. My 02 Dodge/Cummins pulled it effortlessly… Miss that truck sometimes. We slept at truck stops and lost an alternator somewhere along the way haha.

Best of luck to ya!