General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Marine Corps PLC won't take me

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2003, 08:46 PM
BigMattXXL
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by bassdude
hey bigmatt, whats PLC i don't think they had that when i joined in 81. do you mean they won't take you at all? or just not this PLC thing? there were plenty of big fella's like you when i was in. if you can, go in anyways. at the end of bootcamp you will be in the best shape of your life no matter what your size is. i was 165 pounds at the start, at the end i was 180 pounds and that wasn't fat i put on! stick with the corps! it will be the hardest thing you'll ever do, but you will never regret it. good luck!
It's the Platoon Leader's Class - a 10 week summer program where you recieve a comission upon graduating college.

Thank you for the kind words, but I'm intent on serving as an officer. I'm going to look into the Navy OCS.

Thanks anyway, though!

XXL

Old 11-25-2003, 09:50 PM
Vanhecht
Elder User
what had you set on the marines in the first place, buddy? i am just curious, and if you wanted to do something similar the army may be the way to go

Old 11-25-2003, 10:56 PM
BigMattXXL
Postmaster
Originally posted by Vanhecht
what had you set on the marines in the first place, buddy? i am just curious, and if you wanted to do something similar the army may be the way to go
It was the stupid uber male side of my brain. It's the same side that tells me that I would really like to ride a Harley, even though I know nothing about them.

The other side of my brain is brilliant, but every once in a while, the "uncompromisingly male" side gets a word in edgewise.

I convinced myself that if I didn't join the Marines, I'd always wonder why I didn't, and feel that I cheated myself.

I'll be exploring my options a little more now.

XXL